bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's the little things  (Read 4011 times)

jg

It's the little things
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »

I'd like to give a "little" testimony to God's love and caring.   Who better to share this with than my brothers and sisters who would understand?

It wasn't long ago, about a month really, that I had come to a point in my walk where I had begun to doubt that God was even remotely interested in every small detail of my existence.  The BIG things, sure, but not the "little things."  Then I found Ray's teaching on the web because of a question I had about tithing.  You can read about that under "new here" in this forum.  My question was answered, of course, but it led to so much more! (It just keeps getting better)

At any rate, since then, God has blessed me, Abundantly, with the opening of scripture to reveal just the opposite of how I believed.  And that is true for a lot of things, but for now I'm focusing on His revelation to me that He DOES care about me and what goes on in my life.

Twice now, He has blessed me with "the desires of my heart."  Please understand, in "context" (humor there), I'm talking about the "little things," beyond my hearts desire to know God, to serve Him, that is first in my heart's list, if you will.

Back to the "little things." 

Two weeks ago, I was grocery shopping, right before thanksgiving.  All the huge hams were out on display, which I like better than any turkey on any given day. However, due to a shortage of funding at the time, I had to pass them by, but I distinctly remember how much I wanted to take one home.  The very next day, my mother calls me up and offers me,,,,"ham"... Coincidence?  I doubt it! 

Just today, here at work was the second blessing.  I work at a radio station, I'm here every morning at 5am, which doesnt give me a lot of time to get breakfast.  Just yesterday I had joked with our secretary that we should all join in and create a "baking club."  Each day of the week, someone would bring in something they made so I wouldnt have to "starve" until lunchtime.  Then today, one of our sales people came to me and told me that a local bakery will be sending in cookies, (15 varieties at least) plus rolls, breakfast foods, etc. all starting next week.  I get to sample them, then they want me to brag about how good they are on the air during my morning radio program.  POOF!  There it is!  Yet another coincidence?

Just a few minutes ago, it kind of hit me.  It was like the Holy Spirit was telling me, "See? You're seeking the Kingdom first.  This is why these things have happened,,,,for YOU." 

He is working His will in me. He is changing what must be changed, all according to His plan. He is giving me my greatest desire, to know Him, but He is also showing me He cares about "EVERYTHING" in my life!

Praise be to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ! 

I hope you don't find this trivial, ,,ham and a cookie now and then.  There's much more to it than that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

JG

OBrenda

Re: It's the little things
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »

Hey JG,

I don't think anything is trivial to God.  He counts the hairs on our heads...all of us....can't wrap my vivid imagination around that one!  Isn't something when we recognize and become aware of God working and directing our steps.  He always has been doing it, but now we have sharper eyes to see.  Thanks for your encouraging sharing & reminding to be grateful to his goodness.

If you haven't already, would you shared where you are on the radio?

YSIC,
Brenda
 :)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »

Hi JG,

Isn't it wonderful to realize that God really is in control of ALL things and He cares about the little things too.  I sometimes think about how God works all things that are happening, that means He is weaving the events of all the lives of all people together to suit His purpose.  When I think about how everything great and small, even trivial matters in everybody's life, is being influenced to bring about a certain outcome, wow.  All of our lives are intricate and complicated, but He has it all working together, like those things working out for you, it's just boggles my mind.  There is so much going on and He is in control of it all, that's His sovereignty and so few understand it.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »

Hello, Last night I listened to Ray's Time and Eternity video. Wow, talk about boggle your mind. Now, I know why God says that we cannot even imagine what he has prepared for us in the next life. Ray talks about how God birthed wisdom. How hard he had to work. I mean to think how he is involved in all the tiny details of our life. I have to say it just made me cry. Seeing his greatness is above my imagination. He had a Master Plan. Every tiny detail was in his thoughts. Wow, what an awesome God we serve. To think that we will before ever growing .  Ever expanding. Beyond the imagination for sure. Everything in perfect harmony.  We have a glimpse of it now. But, this is not even close. It just makes you feel so humble and in need of him. His Love is more then amazing. Just had to share my thoughts with you all.

In His Love
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »

Hey JG, that is a great testimony! Thank you for sharing that. Yes God is interested in every little thing! :D
Kathy :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:17 AM »

Hi JG,

Isn't it wonderful to realize that God really is in control of ALL things and He cares about the little things too.  I sometimes think about how God works all things that are happening, that means He is weaving the events of all the lives of all people together to suit His purpose.  When I think about how everything great and small, even trivial matters in everybody's life, is being influenced to bring about a certain outcome, wow.  All of our lives are intricate and complicated, but He has it all working together, like those things working out for you, it's just boggles my mind.  There is so much going on and He is in control of it all, that's His sovereignty and so few understand it.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

kat,
you are such a blessing to this forum. i had read jg's testimony earlier and know that our Abba Father is so awesome in his lovingkindess, and that He does indeed care about the small, medium, large, and extra-large things in our life, BUT, the way you were able to put it into words that were so simple and so yet so intricate was a blessing to me, as i am sure it was to everyone who has read them. thank you for teaching me more of the wonders of our God.

your sister in Christ,
claudia

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

Along with Kat's theme of weaving the events of the lives of all people together, I have often referred to our lives as a BIG picture puzzle. Only God knows what the picture is supposed to look like. He moves the pieces around slowly, putting everything together perfectly until one day we fit together with no pieces missing! I guess if some of the pieces have rough edges He rubs us together over and over until we are smooth and perfect!  Someone once told me this, "If someone rubs you the wrong way it's just God using that person to smooth out your imperfections."  How rude!! :o  There is an old song that says: "I'm just an old lump of coal now, Lord, but I'm gonna be a diamond some day!" Ain't it the truth! ;) Wow, not only does he sand us down, He puts us under pressure, isn't that how a diamond is formed? Just a lump of coal under pressure! OUCH!  :'(  It'll all be alright! ;)
Hugs!
Kathy :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.