bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caught in the Crossfire  (Read 3496 times)

musicman

Caught in the Crossfire
« on: December 06, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »

This morning I saw a news report about a kid getting caught in the crossfire in a shooting.  Now, first off, this took place in a very rough area.  So the kid (probably 5Th grade, or so) had a bullet lodged in his back somewhere.  Fortunately the kid was all right.  But guess why he got shot.  He said "I was watching a street fight".  It gets better.  When they interviewed him he spouted some nonsense about "I don't think people should have guns because guns is bad" or something.  I'm not disagreeing with that statement.  What pisses me off is what this idiot news anchor said following that short tape.

She said, "smart young man".                             

???????? 

He was watching a street fight!!  How irresponsible is it to call this kid "a smart young man". 

I almost pitched my flapjacks at that one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:36:24 PM by musicman »

Ninny

Re: Caught in the Crossfire
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 05:34:07 PM »

The sad thing is, here is a kid 10 or 12 his parents or parent probably had no idea where this kid was. What parent lets his kid wander around the mean streets alone. It's bad enough the thugs come into the neighborhoods and kill little kids in drive-by shootings when the kids are in their own house or yard! Parents need to get really angry about this stuff! I'm surprised that more parents aren't standing on the corners with guns drawn to protect their families. Do you think the media has any responsibility? NO! all they want is the big story. This little kid was probably shot when everyone was watching the STUPID OJ Simpson trial! >:( >:( :'(  DON'T GET ME STARTED!! >:( So maybe he was walking to school? Then DON'T let your kid walk school alone!!
People need to wise up! Get your little kids out of these inner cities!
Now you got me MAD!! >:(
Kathy :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.