bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Rob Bell  (Read 9658 times)

Fabruk

Rob Bell
« on: December 06, 2008, 07:51:04 PM »

Hi Guys, Just had a dinner with some church going friends and they were very worried about me leaving church. At the end of the night I was given a DVD called Breath from a guy called Rob Bell and I have watched and done some quick research on him on google. There are plenty of things about him some good some not but I am not in America and I would love to hear from people over there who knows the REAL BIBLE TRUTH what is Rob Bell really all about.
I got a bit confused because when I read this "statement of Faith" on this website, he seems very clever not to say anything about TRINITY, although he does mention God, Jesus and Holy Spirit, also don't say anything about ETERNAL PUNISHIMENT and so on but for a church goer point of view looks very impressive.
Just wondering, which side is he on. Haven't seen any other teaching but is he in the same line as Ray or is he really the next Billy Graham, as Chicago Times Newspaper claims? He is very clever in the way he chooses the points of his views quite convincing but don't have an opinion yet.

I think some light on this will help not only me but other people too.

Thanks guys.

mharrell08

Re: Rob Bell
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 08:09:05 PM »

Hi Guys, Just had a dinner with some church going friends and they were very worried about me leaving church. At the end of the night I was given a DVD called Breath from a guy called Rob Bell and I have watched and done some quick research on him on google. There are plenty of things about him some good some not but I am not in America and I would love to hear from people over there who knows the REAL BIBLE TRUTH what is Rob Bell really all about.
I got a bit confused because when I read this "statement of Faith" on this website, he seems very clever not to say anything about TRINITY, although he does mention God, Jesus and Holy Spirit, also don't say anything about ETERNAL PUNISHIMENT and so on but for a church goer point of view looks very impressive.
Just wondering, which side is he on. Haven't seen any other teaching but is he in the same line as Ray or is he really the next Billy Graham, as Chicago Times Newspaper claims? He is very clever in the way he chooses the points of his views quite convincing but don't have an opinion yet.

Thanks guys.

Quote from Mars Hill website:
"We affirm the central truths of historic orthodox Christian faith, seeing ourselves in a long line of generations taking part in the endless conversation between God and people."

Unless you download and listen to audio, it is somewhat hard to find an exact statement of faith from them. But this statement says it all...this ministry upholds the teachings of Babylon, one way or another.

Personally, I do not believe that anyone teaching spiritual truths of God will have a large following. It's contrary to scriptures and Christ ministry as well. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks,

Marques

musicman

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 10:17:40 PM »

If he's orthodox then he's probably in the lines with Ray Uncomfort.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:35:36 AM by musicman »

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »

Ray Comfort? now there's a fire and brimstone guy if ever there was one! :o
Kathy :P

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 11:09:30 PM »

From what I briefly read, I don't see any similarities between Rob Bell and L. Ray Smith. 

Eileen

Bill

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »

Thanks guys.

Hi Fabio,

This church is just down the street from me.  It is no mega church but there are still quite a few church goers.  When I went attended there where some things I liked but note this was before I heard anything that Ray teaches and when I did attend I never heard anything along the lines of what Ray teaches.  To me it had very little difference than other churches that I attended.

Bill

Fabruk

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 01:42:51 AM »

Thanks Bill. that is what I thought.
 I mean he says a lot of good stuff in the teachings but he doesn't say nothing, if that makes sense.
It is so different from Ray stuff because from Ray's papers we really learn a lot about the Truth.
Thanks for the comments

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 06:18:46 AM »

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

"The DEPTHS of Satan is found IN THE CHURCH itself. .............the churches of Jesus Christ have served a purpose down through the centuries, continue doing so today, as well as into the future. ....Can a deceived Church, "Teach Christ?" Well, they can, and they do. Is this a good thing? Yes, it is, even if their motives are not always perfect. Notice what Paul said regarding this:

"Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel. What then? Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence or in truth, CHRIST IS PREACHED; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice" (Phil. 1:15-18).

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html
Wow! Can you believe it? God calls HIS PEOPLE, HIS SAINTS, HIS ELECT, HIS CHURCH, OUT OF "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, MOTHER OF HARLOTS, AND THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH"!! That’s where the Apostles came from, that’s where Paul came from, that’s where the small persecuted church down through the ages came from, that where every believer I know came from, and that’s where I came from.

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »

Thank you Arc,
We have had lengthy discussions on this forum as to whether any of the Babylon churches teach any truth! And as Ray himself brought out in his reference to Phil. 1:15-18  Yes. Where else could any of us have learned about Christ?  That is what the church is supposed to do! Too bad that the church couldn't have been satisfied with sticking to just the marvelous truths of God and had to go and insert their own doctrines, the commandments of men!

You can find Christ in many of the Christian churches, but if you're looking for a church to belong to (essentially they all teach those human commandments),  if you're hungry for more, and you know God has truth that is not being taught or outright being denied, then I think that's evidence that God is calling you out of the whole system! Remember, not if they don't teach ALL the truth, but if they deny ANY of the truth they are not qualified to be your church! Now will you find a church that teaches the truth of God and not deny any of the truth? Not very likely!
That's how I see it after looking at the Scriptures the way Ray teaches, it's not just "believing what Ray teaches" it's believing what the Scriptures actually say.
Ray is a man he's human and he can make mistakes! He freely admits if he is wrong on anything he is not saying "If you don't believe the way I teach then you are cursed!" that's what the church really teaches. Ray says, "If you don't believe what the Scriptures say then you are denying that God is sovereign!"
That's the way I see it!
Kathy :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »

To add:

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html

"THE" CHURCH VS. "MY" CHURCH

During Jesus’ ministry, He spoke of "the" church and "My" church. There already existed "the church" (Matt. 18:17), at the very time that Jesus said He would build "MY CHURCH" (Matt. 16:18).

The "called out ones" are the Church of Christ belonging to no man and conforming to no institution of men. Taking up the cross to follow Christ is not a communal effort or group endeavour but a one on one with Christ.

We know that it is not to the credit merit or correctness of any Church doctrines or false teachings that is resulting in any being dragged to Christ. It is through the "foolishness" of preaching not the excellence or correctness of preaching that any come to know or comprehend God. As Ray says, you can shine a light on blind eyes and they still will not see.

We know and accept that it is by the Spirit of God that we come to understanding of the Truth and by way of the foolishness of preaching, God works to drag out of Babylonian systems, those who believe.

Religion does not build on a true foundation of Christ but on a foundation of self interest, self reliance and assumptions unbacked by God. The Church hierarchy who defend their strongholds, despise God and make merchandise of His Word. This is applicable to ALL Religions and ALL Churches who are not in right standing with God. This is according to Gods Plan and Purpose.

The Sovereignty of God is not easily or readily understood because it tears at the fabric of carnal comfort and attachments to error that refuse to accept that there is no such thing as uncaused choices.  Not everyone sees or hears at this time. This too is in the Plan of God.

Arc

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:40:24 AM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 12:29:13 PM »

Arc,
Correct and Correct! Thanks again! I love knowing that God is the one who wills it and does it! Not WE are "the church", but I am the church, it is as you say  Taking up the cross to follow Christ is not a communal effort or group endeavour but a one on one with Christ. Amen! :D
A lesson we all need to learn!
Kathy :)

musicman

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »

Is Rob Bell any relation to Art Bell?

dredroc

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »

Hi Guys, Just had a dinner with some church going friends and they were very worried about me leaving church.

So what does your church going friends think of Ray`s teaching Fabio?

Dev

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 03:05:52 AM »

Is Rob Bell any relation to Art Bell?

or...archie bell and the drells???

claudia

Martinez

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 03:49:16 AM »

A friend of mine has quite a few of His DVDs and absolutely loves the guy.

I must say that when I watched His DVDs that I was left wondering whether or not He believed in eternal Hell fire.

I myself find the guy very pleasant and His sermons are mostly about the love of God and it is very hard to be offended at the guy.
He has a new DVD out called "everything is spiritual" and I went and checked it out on youtube and was unpleasantly unsurprised.

He started off by making the statement that everyone is spiritual but most people just don't realise it yet!
It was at that point I turned it off and went away from my computer sad.

I wanted so much for Him to be one of the good guys but I'm afraid the man is a heretic! :(

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 04:30:04 AM »

Good turn off Martinez, :( i was going to pursue this and may still do a couple minutes to be able to
address what he says.

george.  ;D

musicman

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »

Wasn't Mr. Rogers a minister at one time?  Boy, what I would have paid (sick huh) to watch his children's program and:

"OK boys and girls, what special people you are.  Isn't that wonderful?  Let's see what Mr. train guy says (or something).  Oh, how wonderful.  I love you children so much.  Isn't love great?  I sure hope you nice little boys and girls don't end up burning in a fire forever, screaming at the top of your lungs because you are one of the majority that will choose a sinful life of sex, money and blasphemy. 

Isn't it a beautiful day in the neighborhood?

Vangie

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »

Just breathe Musicman. :D  (from your diaphragm-- 8)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  ;)  After watching the video on You Tube, this guy says a whole lot without really saying anything as Fabio mentioned.  But, I guess there's an audience for him, just like for Joel Osteen, your friend Ray Uncomfort and Kirk Cameron, and countless others, right? 

But for the grace of God...

musicman

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 03:56:37 PM »

You mean Kirk the Cameraman?

Vangie

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 07:55:28 PM »

Yep, him.  My sister sent me the trailer for that movie he was in, "Fireproof".  That was all the rage with her circle.  Just not very believable, but he thinks he means well.  As an actor you know--there's a lot of Hollywood weirdness in that world.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.