bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD help !  (Read 3741 times)

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
DVD help !
« on: December 08, 2008, 12:15:26 AM »

I hope there are some computer geeks out there who can help me.  My father is not too PC literate and cannot sit in the front of it for long periods of time.  Is there a way that I can get Ray's Bible Study videos into a format that I can burn on to a DVD so that my father can put it in his player and watch it on TV?  His large screen TV is easier on his eyes and his arm chair is better for his back.
Thanks in advance to all who reply,
Fester
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: DVD help !
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:08:16 AM »

Hi.

There are two possiblities, once you have the file.

1.  You can use DVD authoring software to make a DVD with mulitple titles or chapters.  Any standalone DVD player should play such a disk.

2.  You can burn the files to DVD as you would to a CD-Rom.  Whether this option works will depend upon his DVD player.  Some will read certain video file types as data on the disk, and play them as a movie.  Some won't.  So option 1 seems like the better choice if you don't know the capabilities of his DVD player.

Hope that helps.  Actually, I was just getting ready to do some of the same with audio.   

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

Re: DVD help !
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:41:38 AM »

Hi Pancake eer Fester errrr Toaster, :-\

If you have a DVD burner on your computer, use Nero DVD burning or PM me for some stuff to use.
I am very willing to help but am not a geek ??? just been playing with this stuff for over 30 years.

george. ;D

I hope there are some computer geeks out there who can help me.  My father is not too PC literate and cannot sit in the front of it for long periods of time.  Is there a way that I can get Ray's Bible Study videos into a format that I can burn on to a DVD so that my father can put it in his player and watch it on TV?  His large screen TV is easier on his eyes and his arm chair is better for his back.
Thanks in advance to all who reply,
Fester
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.