bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Detroit church prays for bailout with SUV's at the alter  (Read 6938 times)

Amrhrasach

Detroit church prays for bailout with SUV's at the alter
« on: December 08, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »

.."as hundreds of worshipers who work in the automotive industry — union assemblers, executives, car salesmen — gathered six deep around the altar to have their foreheads anointed with consecrated oil,"...

Wonder if that was "consecrated" 10-40w oil?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,463265,00.html

::)

Vangie

Re: Detroit church prays for bailout with SUV's at the alter
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:59 PM »

10W40--good one!  I just saw the same story on the news.  There's a new "idol" at the alter, huh?

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 03:07:57 PM »

Well looks who is humble. :o
If someone can bow down for job security how much easier will it be for every knee to bow to Jesus?

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM »

I don't care who you are, now that's just weird!  :o :D :D

jennie

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »

On the t.v. this morning they were showing this big ole church...real fancy and all... with a bunch of new vehicles parked right there near the alter. They wanted people to send money to help the church buy them to help the car makers out! I have never seen anything like it. First I thought it was just a joke and then realized it wasn't anything but sad. I didn't see Jesus anywhere around there... just those fancy cars!

musicman

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »

Yeah right, Detroit also has a church across the street from where the Lions play.  There is a sign that says something to the affect of, we pray for the Tigers and Lions.  Well, god doesn't hear their pleading for the Lions, don't know if GM will do much better.

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »

Does this mean I get an SUV in heaven?
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

musicman

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 10:36:06 PM »

Does this mean I get an SUV in heaven?

No, god doesn't like the emissions.  It would produce (not global warming, but) cloudly warming.

firefly77

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 02:06:26 AM »

When I watched the news this morning and saw this story with my own eyes, I felt this terrible sadness come over me... I am so grateful I left all of this nonsense 2 years ago. Now that I have been away from it, I can "see" so much better. I could never go back to this circus.
This is the first year for me that I am not involved in buying into this Christmas shopping mania. I have no decorations up, not even hint, and honestly, I don't miss it at all.
Grace & Peace,
Angie

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 04:58:15 AM »

Hmmm... That's both sad and amazing. Look, I don't want to appear like I don't care about people loosing their jobs. But... Is the safety in GM, Ford and Chrysler? I don't think so. Why do they have to bring the cars into the church anyway? Doesn't God know what an SUV is? 'Oh Lord, we pray for these 4WD servants of us...' Hmmm... I remember reading something about Babylon trading with the nations of the world... Could this be it?? This is crazy. And we think we NEED to make SUVs!? What a waste of resources! I recently saw a TV show where they took a Mercedes from the early 80s, a Lancia Beta coupe and a 1963 Opel Kadett across Botswana just to demonstrate that we don't need SUVs to get up that lane with leaves on it in front of our house. We've been worshipping at the altar of greed for far too long...
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Vangie

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 08:19:40 AM »

Good post Eirik.  Very true!

jennie

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 10:03:02 AM »

I think that greed , as much as anything, has put us in this state of financial distress we are in now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.