bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "new" car story....  (Read 3262 times)

Amrhrasach

The "new" car story....
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:53:54 PM »

Recently my wife took new employment.  I promised her if she received an offer we would purchase her a new vehicle to drive.    She has received both. (God provides) 

Now, what would a good “new car” story be without the “rest of the story?”

The Rest of the story:

We sold her, uhmmm, “pre-owned” vehicle today.  Turns out the man who purchased it was a carpenter who helped build an addition to the farm house.   When I told a friend of mine (and his) of the car purchase the mutual friend says “yea, I know Roy, good guy, likes to sit off by himself and read his bible when everyone else is on break eating chips and telling jokes".  It was at that “EXACT” moment in time that the following went through my mind “write down BT web address and give it to Roy when he delivers payment.”

Roy delivered payment.   We talked.  Turns out Roy is also a preacher. Learning that he is a preacher didn’t shake my ground, not for a second of time..   By God’s grace and Ray’s oratory and writing skills, I am learning the real truth.  And I know that I know that.

I handed Roy the card with the address and he took it.  I talked with him a little about my discovery of the “truth” and how I was lead to Ray’s site, and how my life has/is changing.   I asked Roy to just begin reading “You fools, hypocrites, snakes”.  And I suggested to Roy that 1 of 3 things will happen at the end of his reading:

1-He will thank God.
2-He will return to the mindset of Christendom.
3-He will be standing on shaky ground looking back and forth, wondering what to do.

One of the three.

I also suggested to Roy to call me if he had any questions, or come to the forum and read testimonies and subjects from the members here as well. 

Is this God’s doing?   I certainly hope, and also think so.

So Roy, if you’re reading this, W-E-L-C-O-M-E to Bible Truths forum, and good choice  ;).

Best,
Gary

EKnight

Re: The "new" car story....
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »

Gary,

Sowing good seed is all you can do.  God will do the watering and nurturing if it's His will for Roy.  I certainly pray that it is.

Eileen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.