bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advertisement in local newspaper  (Read 4723 times)

Amrhrasach

advertisement in local newspaper
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »

Probably just my sick and twisted sense of humor, but:

"REWARD OFFERED for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons who cut the lock off storage unit E of XXX Storang Unit on Hwy. 71.    All items were stolen.  Among them were a set of of Elk Antlers.   48" from base to tip, 44" wide 6X5.    Please help me put these low lifes in jail where they belong.  Sad part is they were probably related to me.  Leon C. (555-XXX-XXXX)."

Now, of ALL the things that could have possibly been EXTREMELY important.......elk antlers!?!? 

But this part killed me.

"Sad part is they were probably related to me."

What a howl and a hoot!  ;D 

Gary

youthfortruth

Re: advertisement in local newspaper
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:27:44 PM »

Probably just my sick and twisted sense of humor, but:

"REWARD OFFERED for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons who cut the lock off storage unit E of XXX Storang Unit on Hwy. 71.    All items were stolen.  Among them were a set of of Elk Antlers.   48" from base to tip, 44" wide 6X5.    Please help me put these low lifes in jail where they belong.  Sad part is they were probably related to me.  Leon C. (555-XXX-XXXX)."

Now, of ALL the things that could have possibly been EXTREMELY important.......elk antlers!?!? 

But this part killed me.

"Sad part is they were probably related to me."

What a howl and a hoot!  ;D 

Gary

Gary,

wow..lol, seems like something you'd see Dave Letterman ridicule. Then again,  it is officially Christmas season. Perhaps those antlers brought back childhood memories of Santa Claus, even though Santa doesn't ride with elks..or does he? ::)

God bless!

Andrew   

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 02:51:01 AM »

48" from base to tip, 44" wide 6x5. okay, i may be a little slow here, but what is the 6x5 a measurment of??? surely the elk antlers weren't still on the elk???

claudia

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »

Ha, I have elk antlers hanging in my living room.  I don't think my husband hold them with the same importance that that guy did.  But they are a trophy that is rather hard to come by. 

Claudia, 6x5 is referring to the number of points on each side, 6 points on one antler and 5 points on the other.  That's the same as my husband's.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »

Don't tell Leon that I have them.
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »

;D ;D ;D  Are you two related???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.