bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speaking up/ right or wrong?  (Read 6414 times)

winner08

speaking up/ right or wrong?
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »

I am so upset. I am angry Right or wrong this is how I feel . I just heard to women talking about Jesus Christ. One said well you know Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life I thought it was light. But that was what not upset me. The other person said Well anybody can say that they are the way the truth and the life. As long as they really believe that way. Is this heirasee or blaspheme? This in my opinion totally disrespectful of The Son of God Who died for this person's sins and ours. Who is the only reason why any of us will be in the kingdom of God. Anybody can say it yea But it is Christ Who is the only one.. The only way. This is the first time in my life I took such a strong stance and told her what I thought.  I do not take such a hard stance on things of this nature  for fear of being wrong. But I felt a strong urge to speak up.

Jackie Lee

Re: speaking up/ right or wrong?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:44:22 AM »

Hi Darren I am not sure what would have been the right thing to do under the circumstance, I think he is both Light and life.

Here is a scripture hope it helps.
 John 8:12 says
Then Jesus spoke again unto them saying, I am the light of the world, he that follow me shall not walk in darkness but shall have light of life.

Here is another scripture.
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:48:42 AM by Jackie Lee »

winner08

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 01:32:51 AM »

At least I had the part about Jesus being the truth the way and the life. I had to say something i was taken aback by the disrespect of Christ and His death for us. Oh anybody can be the truth the way and the life if they really believe. Anybody? to quote a great teacher OH REALLY, Wrong paleface.

musicman

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 10:43:17 PM »

Why would you get defensive over someone questioning the credibility of Christ's words?  Of course it matters who says this, whether the Son of God or some nut case.  If people question these truths, perhaps they need proof.  Give it to them.  If they don't believe it, how can it offend you.  I'm far more offended by the beliefs of many "christians" than I am of atheists.  If that is what you are talking about.

winner08

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:38:58 PM »

Musicman it wasn't the fact that she was questioning Christ's words. It was that basically said that if you believe in Jesus then you can be the truth, way and life. In my (my) own nobody Else's opinion I think that totally disrespects Christ's death, not only death but his whole mission. nobody else could have been the lamb except Christ. All that He went through for us would not mean anything if anybody could have done it. God chose Jesus to be the Lamb. Now if God would have chose musicman to be the Lamb instead of Christ, I would be speaking up about you. Hey to me it is a big deal. I just think Christ deserves alot of respect. If it were not for Him no one not even you misicman would be saved. Certain people deserve respect and Christ is one.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 01:56:06 AM »

Not to turn this into a Oprah bashing thread but I do remember a video on the internet of Oprah denying that Jesus is the only way.
The woman you heard Darren is probably of the same mentality of those who say all religions lead to heaven.
No need to be surprised or offended at such talk, you will definitely encounter it a lot more on your walk.
When time comes again just be prepared to tell them the truth
Ask them or tell them,"What do the scriptures say"?

Mat 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jas 1:27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 03:23:14 AM »

Hello, This all kind of makes me think of the other night. Joel Osteen was on with Larry King. He was asking him about hard times facing our country. His wife was on also. She thinks that God wants us to be happy here on this earth. To me the ones going through the trials and tribulations are looking toChrist and the salvation he gives. Not physical things here on this earth. He is making us into his Image not something material here. I find the things here as dead.

He also, asked him about heaven. He said," That God gives us his Spirit. Larry asked him , but is Heaven a real place. Joel kind of set there for a minute like he had to think. Then he said, Yes, I belived Heaven is a physical place. Rodger mentioned about Oprah and such just being entertainers and not to look at them for our faith. I have to agree 100 % on that. Just, has I have a feeling most of the preachers on tv are more like entertainers and this goes to politicians, also. Why, would we want to mix this with our faith in Christ. It is all Carnal, its all worldly. We cannot make anyone believe the truth only the Lord can do that job. He is doing his will. Not saying that some could not be led to the truth. But, they are Gods to themselves.

Right after I had left the church where many of my husbands family went to church. Even, though the Minister lied and got up and gave the amount my husband and I tithed  and then preached God might kill us. He said, He did not know what anyone gave. That , was a lie, but then to set himself in Gods seat and say he might kill us. Well, My husbands Mom and I talked. She decided to stay because of the church building. Him and her had an argument some time back and she told him she would be there when he left. One, no building means anything to me. We helped to get the literal building of the church building going. But, that is all physical. Even, she could not see that. Then she told me they decided to stay because she could worship God in her own way. That, was enough for me.  Our ways are not Gods way. If, they were we would not worship man or buildings or other wordly things. I guess I just see them as entertainers of themselves. Not carrying to obeying god. I mean yes we should respect God. But, the lost can't. They are Gods to themselves.

Darren, I can see you wanting people to respect him. But, with the carnal that is futile. If the spirit is not guiding them to truth. They just can't see any other way but there own.

Just wanted to say, that even watching her Son and Daughter In Law insulted she just did not see that a building meant more to her then her own family
We still go to family things. Not upset with her cause she is blind. How can I be upset with that. All, I can do is wait and see if it is Gods will to make her see the truth.  I just see even church services as entertainment.

In His Love,
Marlene

winner08

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »

I understand that some people will never respect Jesus and I am ok with it. I can't get mad at every person that don't belive. Every person that disrespects Jesus. Like someone said it's not my job. So it's between them and Jesus. I think it was more of the way she said it. Like Jesus was nobody special. Just the tone she used. Anyway its over I moved on.

chuckt

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »

I understand that some people will never respect Jesus

oh yes they will  ;)

be well
chuckt

Longhorn

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »

I am so upset. I am angry Right or wrong this is how I feel . I just heard to women talking about Jesus Christ. One said well you know Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life I thought it was light. But that was what not upset me. The other person said Well anybody can say that they are the way the truth and the life. As long as they really believe that way. Is this heirasee or blaspheme? This in my opinion totally disrespectful of The Son of God Who died for this person's sins and ours. Who is the only reason why any of us will be in the kingdom of God. Anybody can say it yea But it is Christ Who is the only one.. The only way. This is the first time in my life I took such a strong stance and told her what I thought.  I do not take such a hard stance on things of this nature  for fear of being wrong. But I felt a strong urge to speak up.

The main problem is that you  heard 2 - TWO - 3minus 1= 2..... to.... too.....  point is, 2 women talking about anything is nothing but trouble.

Longhorn

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 06:21:27 PM »

I agree with you chuckt.

From The Emphasized Bible: Rotherhams Version.

Isaiah 26:9:
With my soul, longed I for thee in the night, Yea with my spirit within me, I kept on searching for thee,—For,
when thy regulations extend to the earth, The inhabitants of the world will have learned, righteousness.

george. ;D

I understand that some people will never respect Jesus

oh yes they will  ;)

be well
chuckt

Robin

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »

Well anybody can say that they are the way the truth and the life. As long as they really believe that way.

What she said made me think of this verse.

Genesis 3:4-6
 4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.