bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elijah and Enoch  (Read 5007 times)

Ricco

Elijah and Enoch
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:14:44 AM »

If when we die we are dead and fall asleep which I accept, then where did Elijah and Enoch go
when the Lord took them?

God bless you all

Vangie

Re: Elijah and Enoch
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »

Hi Ricco,

The scriptures don't say to what physical location they were transported.  Ray has addressed this question many times.  You can do a search and read them all.  :)

Here's one answer that I think sums it up:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6171.0.html

Dear Bill:  We are not told where or why God transported [translated means transferred or transported] Enoch to a different location. Undoubtedly his life was in danger as he was relatively young (compared to others at that time) when God moved him. But just like with all men (Heb. 9:27), Enoch also died. Notice it:  "Abel, ENOCH, Noah, Abraham, Sarah...." (Heb. 11:20-9) all died: "These ALL DIED in faith, NOT having received the promises...." (Heb. 11:13).

Elijah was also taken by God and transported to another location where he later
        wrote a letter (II Chron. 21:12).

God be with you,
        Ray

Hope this helps!

Love in Christ,
Vangie
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:49:56 AM by Vangie »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »

Hi Ricco,

In addition, here is another email reply from Ray on this topic.  Hope this helps you to get a better understanding.

René

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,891.0.html

Enoch

Dear Tim:
I will make a couple COMMENTS in your email..................

Hi Ray,

From what you say, you think that Enock was transported some where else on earth and died later at some point. Where did God relocate Enock?

COMMENT: The Scriptures do not tell us where.

Hebrew tells us that God removed Enock from earth

COMMENT:  Hebrew tells us NO SUCH THING.

because he was pleasing to God. Enock never saw a physical death like we will.

COMMENT:  Nonsense, of course Enock died:  "By faith Able...By faith Enoch...By faith Noah...By faith Abrfaham...Through faith also Sara...THESE A-L-L [including Enoch] DIED in faith, NOT having received the promises..."

The word transported means to take or remove it doesn't mean that God put Enock some where else on earth.

COMMENT:  The Greek word "metatithemi" means "to transfer--literally to transport..." Strong's Lexicon.

Transfer" means "To convey or cause to pass from one...to another." And "transport" means "To carry from one PLACE to another [place]..." (The American Heritage College Dictionary).

Enock wasn't seen again on earth as the scripture tells us.

COMMENT:  That proves absolutely nothing.  Lots of people transfer to different locations, and are never heard from again. Does that prove that they all went to heaven and never died?

Hebrew 11:5 states By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; AND HE WAS NOT FOUND BECAUSE GOD TOOK HIM UP; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God.

These verses are pretty clear,

COMMENT:  Yes they are. Pity you can't believe what they say, however.

"These [including Enoch] ALL DIED in faith, NOT having received the promises...."  Pretty clear to me!

God be with you,
Ray

Carlos31

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »

when John wrote revelations he was transported.

this is spiritual.

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »

when John wrote revelations he was transported.

Carlos,

Do you have any scriptures that support this belief?

Thanks,

Marques

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »

Oh Carlos,
Read Revelations 1:9-10 again.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 06:40:39 PM »

Carlos31,

Like Attaiwan wrote, John was in the Spirit and saw the vision.

george. :)

Revelation: 1.  v9-18

9-I, John, your brother, and partaker with you in the tribulation and kingdom and endurance in Jesus,
came to be in the isle that is called Patmos, because of the word of God, and the witness of Jesus.

10-I came to be, in Spirit, in the Lord’s Day, and heard, behind me, a loud voice, as of a trumpet,

11-saying—What thou seest, write in a scroll, and send unto the Seven Assemblies,—unto Ephesus, and unto
Smyrna, and unto Pergamum,—and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia,—and unto Laodicea.

12-And I turned round, to see the Voice which was speaking with me, and, having turned, I saw Seven Lamps of gold;

13-and, in the midst of the lamps, One like unto a Son of Man:—clothed with a robe, reaching to the feet, and girt about
at the breasts with a girdle of gold,

14-And his head and hair, white, like white wool—like snow, and, his eyes, like a flame of fire,

15-And, his feet, like unto glowing copper, as if in a furnace refined, and, his voice, like a sound of many waters,

16-And, having in his right hand, seven stars, and, out of his mouth, a sharp, two-edged sword, going forth; and, his
whole appearance, as when, the sun, shineth in its strength.

17-And, when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead, and he laid his right hand upon me, saying—Do not fear! I, am the First, and the Last,

18-and the Living One,—and I became dead;—and lo! living, am I, unto the ages of ages, and have the keys of death and of hades.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.