bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Judgment of the wicked  (Read 5388 times)

AK4

Judgment of the wicked
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:23:41 PM »

Nothing comes to mind (scripture) what the punishment will be for those who go into age-during contempt (Dan 12:2)(YLT) (eonian chastisement) except that there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth and their minds being purged of carnality.

Anyone have any scripture to what may say the wicked will be going through in that age?

Anthony

Kat

Re: Judgment of the wicked
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 03:16:36 PM »

Hi Anthony,

I was just reading through article no. 3 and here is an excerpt from it.

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html -------------------------------

Now I hope that none will be offended at my next few statements, but if so, so be it. Unless God Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!

And I will tell you on the authority of Jesus Christ and all the Holy Scriptures, that anyone who teaches and takes delight in thinking that God would ever torture anyone for all eternity, will NEVER BE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD WITH SUCH AN ATTITUDE!

Such damnable character flaws of the mind and spirit are going to be burned out of us all! God will either BURN OUT these filthy impurities from our hearts and minds NOW, or He will BURN THEM OUT IN THE LAKE OF FIRE, but either way, make no mistake about it, THESE THINGS ARE COMING OUT!!!

JOHN THE BAPTIST: John the Baptist said that Jesus would be baptizing repentant believers with fire.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto REPENTANCE: but He that comes after me is mightier than I, Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, AND WITH FIRE" (Matt. 3:11).

JESUS CHRIST:

"For EVERY ONE [sinner and saint] shall be salted with FIRE" (Mark 9:49).

APOSTLE PETER:

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it [your faith] be TRIED IN THE FIRE, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:7).

APOSTLE PAUL:

"Every man’s work [including believers] shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE, and the FIRE shall try every man’s work of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3:13).

With such noble and august witnesses, does anyone deny that the repentant, converted, dedicated, believing Christian will escape being "revealed," tried," "salted," and "baptized" by FIRE? These Scriptures are undeniable! Whatever this "fire" is, it is going to be used ON EVERYONE. These four Scriptures have the believer specifically in view, but it says and includes "EVERYONE shall be salted with FIRE," and "EVERY MAN’S WORK ... shall be revealed by FIRE."

And there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE when it comes to the non-believers:

"And I saw a great white throne ... And I saw the dead...and the dead were JUDGED ... according to their WORKS ... and they were judged EVERY MAN according to their WORKS" (Rev. 20:11-13).

And are these non-believers judged differently from believers who are "revealed, tried, salted and baptized IN FIRE?" Just HOW are these non-believers judged in the book of Revelation? How are the "...fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars..." JUDGED? Answer: "... In the lake WHICH BURNS WITH FIRE ..." (Rev. 21:8)!

Is this "fire" in the book of Revelation DIFFERENT from the fire that tries the works of believers in the book of I Corinthians? NO. The word "fire" used in the four examples above concerning believers, is the SAME word "fire" used in the book of Revelation concerning non-believers:
v
v
But therefore was I shown mercy, that in me, THE FOREMOST [the worst sinner ever] Jesus Christ should be DISPLAYING [publicly] ALL HIS PATIENCE [yes God has ‘patience’ with even the worst of sinners], FOR A PATTERN, of those who are about to be believing on Him for life eonian"

Jesus Christ chose Paul, the WORST, CHIEF, FOREMOST, PREEMINENT SINNER THAT EVER LIVED (huperbole), to be put on PUBLIC DISPLAY for the whole world to see Jesus Christ demonstrating ALL HIS PATIENCE, for a "PATTERN" that will be repeated over, and over, and over again billions and billions of times for all those that Christ will likewise bring to repentance at any second He so desires!!!

Here’s the lesson: If Jesus Christ can bring to repentance, and convert, and save the WORLD’S WORST SINNER THAT HAS EVER LIVED in about 30 seconds, then that drunken cussing uncle of yours (the one you believe is going to hell for all eternity), is NO MATCH FOR THE CONVERTING POWER OF JESUS CHRIST! And ALL OF THE LESSER SINNERS of the world also are no match for the converting, saving power of Jesus Christ. Once the Giant of all sinners has been conquered, converting the sinning MIDGETS will be an easy task!

Has no one ever considered what would happen if God were to strike down Hitler with a BLINDING LIGHT FROM HEAVEN? Do you really think he would shake his fist toward heaven in total human defiance? Well, if you do, you think as a fool! Paul despised the Church of the Loving God. He hated it with evey fiber of his being. He went to great length and personal hardship to seek out and TORTURE the Saints of God. But when God struck him down with a blinding light from heaven, Paul "trembled" (Greek, tremo, dreadful and terrifying FEAR), and was "astonished" (Greek: thambeo, to stupefy, astound, amaze, astonish), and melted like jelly in the noonday SUN!

And some would suppose that Hitler or any LESSER sinner would do otherwise? Well, God didn’t strike down Hitler with a blinding light from heaven, but guess what? HE WILL YET DO IT! And when He does, Hitler will sob like a babbling idiot! He will violently shake and tremble in UTTER DESPAIR AND TERROR, and he will REPENT, make no mistake about it! OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE! God has ways to MAKE carnal-minded, God-defying men and women VOLUNTEER real fast!
---------------------------------------------------

Sure the world will be a different place when the world goes through judgment, Satan will be bound and Christ will be ruling with the Saints.  So the world will not be the same corrupted place that it is now, not after Christ starts ruling.  But everyone will still be going through the same fire as the Elect have to, of having the carnal purged out of them.

Mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »

Hi Anthony,

Just a layman's understanding; ??? but the wailing and gnashing of teeth is because of the chastisement and
sorrow (partly) that those who rejected Jesus Christ will feel in the LOF. That again should prove that (All Are
Being Saved) as the annihilated would not be able to wail and gnash teeth.

There are other Scriptures that will explain this as God does not take pleasure in torturing anyone and would
have us understand after he calls us to repentance. (just my understanding anyone with more knowledge please
expand)

george. ;D

From The Emphasized Bible by J.D. Rotherham.

Revelation of John 19:20:
And the wild-beast, was taken, and, with him, the false prophet who wrought the signs before him, whereby he
deceived them who received the mark of the wild-beast and them who were doing homage unto his image,—alive,
were they two cast into the lake of fire that burneth with brimstone.

Revelation of John 20:10:
and, the Adversary that had been deceiving them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where were both
the wild-beast and the false-prophet; and they shall be tormented, day and night, unto the ages of ages.

Weymouth NT (1912)

Revelation of John 20:10:
and the Devil, who had been leading them astray, was thrown into the Lake of fire and sulphur where the Wild Beast
and the false Prophet were, and day and night they will suffer torture until the Ages of the Ages.   

Nothing comes to mind (scripture) what the punishment will be for those who go into age-during contempt (Dan 12:2)(YLT) (eonian chastisement) except that there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth and their minds being purged of carnality.

Anyone have any scripture to what may say the wicked will be going through in that age?

Anthony

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:17:35 PM by aqr »

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »

Anthony

Psalm 37

10  For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11  But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

12  The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.

13  The LORD shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

14  The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.

15  Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

16  A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

Acts 7

48  Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

49  Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

50  Hath not my hand made all these things?

51  Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52  Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53  Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

54  When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

55  But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56  And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

57  Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

58  And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

59  And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60  And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Psalm 112

1  Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

2  His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

3  Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

4  Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

5  A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

6  Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

7  He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

8  His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.

He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.

10  The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.

Luke 13

27  But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28  There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

29  And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

The running theme from scriptures that reference the wicked who are wailing, weeping, and gnashing of teeth is the wicked being stubborn and resentful as the just and righteous receive their great rewards while the wicked is left without. This seems to foreshadow the time of judgment at the Great White Throne for the wicked who shall see the just and righteous receive their reward at Christ's coming.

Personally, I think the members of the church (Great Babylon) will be the most stubborn with a callous heart...as they feel they have 'earned' their rewards through their fabled 'free-will'. The children of the kingdom are who Christ says will be cast out [Matt 8:12] and these are also who Christ states, "...say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan [Rev 2:9]. These hypocrites of Babylon blasphemy the name of God like none other in the universe with their hell doctrines. Notice Christ says when they see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and other prophets in the kingdom, that is when there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. It is because they feel this rewards is theirs and they are jealous, resentful,and full of pride.

Thanks,

Marques

P.S.  I believe Ray mentioned a little while ago that his next series in the LOF would specifically talk about 'weeping and gnashing of teeth'. Kat or Dennis, do you recall this or heard from Ray about what the next series is on?

legoman

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 06:55:19 PM »

Somewhat on the theme of gnashing & teeth; there will be much shame.

Psalm 78:66 He beat back his enemies;
       he put them to everlasting [eonian] shame.

Proverbs 13:5 The righteous hate what is false,
       but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.

Isaiah 65 (Salvation & Judgement)
13:Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says:
       "My servants will eat,
       but you will go hungry;
       my servants will drink,
       but you will go thirsty;
       my servants will rejoice,
       but you will be put to shame.

Dan 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

etc.  Just do a search on "shame" and you'll find lots of interesting verses.

Clearly it will be very shameful which probably leads to the aforementioned weeping & gnashing of teeth.  Shame for not believing in Christ... shame for believing we are sovereign (have free will), shame for what we have done...

Think of the shame you feel when you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar.  Then imagine giving an account of everything that has happened in your life.  That's some serious shame... (for me at least) :)

Romans 14:12 So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Legoman
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:59:48 PM by legoman »

mrl1970

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »

Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Mark 4:24
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

Romans 2:1
Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:14:41 PM by mrl1970 »

bobf

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 04:00:16 AM »

Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

That's the verse that popped into my head!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.