bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Rev. Chapter 22  (Read 4809 times)

Marlene

Question about Rev. Chapter 22
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »

Hello, I do not recall Ray talking about these verses in Revelation 22 . But, these couple of verses fit in since they are in the last chapter. This has always confused me. Verse 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments,that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Verse 15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I understand verse 14 that we have to be converted to have a right to the tree of life.
But, verse 15 is this speaking of before the false churches and humanity are saved

I wondered if those verses have been used by false churches to show that some would never be saved.

I know you cannot teach, but just wondered if any of you had any thoughts. I probably am just not seeing what it is saying. I have always wondered about it.

In His Love,
Marlene

Kat

Re: Question about Rev. Chapter 22
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:31:48 PM »

Hi Marlene,

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Well this city would be the kingdom or new Jerusalem spoken of in chapter 21 and those that enter and do His commandments would be those in the first resurrection, His Elect.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
v. 2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 22:15  But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Those outside the city would be those not in the first resurrection, therefore they are not in His kingdom, but come up in the second resurrection and have not yet been purged and cleansed.

Eph 5:5  For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 11:20:47 PM »

Thanks Kat, I thought this was probably what it was speaking about. Since, the church over looks the fall harvest I am sure I have heard someone preach that these were the ones going to Hell. I knew, that could not be the truth. There again it is amazing how they pick a verse out and make something up. Now, that I look at things in the truth it sure does make all there false doctrines look silly. Before, being blindly led. I did not relish the fact of Hell even then for anyone I loved. I welcomed that one. You are always great help for me.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »

Hi Marlene,

A little late with this but, in order for their hell doctrine to stick; they have to as teacher said.

(Quote Ray): Tear this page out of the Bible.

Isa 53: 1-12 (1889 Darby Bible)
1  Who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of Jehovah been revealed?
2  For he shall grow up before him as a tender sapling, and as a root out of dry ground: he hath no form nor lordliness, and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3  He is despised and left alone of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief, and like one from whom men hide their faces; --despised, and we esteemed him not.

4  Surely *he* hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; and we, we did regard him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed.
6  All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid upon him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7  He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, but he opened not his mouth; he was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and was as a sheep dumb before her shearers, and he opened not his mouth.
8  He was taken from oppression and from judgment; and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living; for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9  And men appointed his grave with the wicked, but he was with the rich in his death, because he had done no violence, neither was there guile in his mouth.

10  Yet it pleased Jehovah to bruise him; he hath subjected him to suffering. When thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see a seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of Jehovah shall prosper in his hand.
11  He shall see of the fruit of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant instruct many in righteousness; and *he* shall bear their iniquities.
12  Therefore will I assign him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong: because he hath poured out his soul unto death, and was reckoned with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Excerpt from: Was Christ made sin.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6719.0.html

Coy shows all through his talk that Christ was well acquainted with sin, that He knew sin.  Now he will be careful and tell you he was never a sinner.  But he contradicts, that’s what I want to show you.  It’s all double talk, it’s all double speak, it’s all smoke and mirrors.  There is not one Scripture that he uses properly in his whole talk, not one. 

Now less you think I’m too haughty… I use to believe years ago that Christ was “made sin.”  But did I believe that He was a sinner?  No, I didn‘t.  Did I believe that He became sin?  No.  Did I believe He was guilty of sin?  No.  But did I believe He was made sin?  Yes.  Why?  Because the Bible said so, okay. 
Well then what did I think that meant?  I’ll tell you what I thought it meant.  I thought that it meant sin was somehow (all the sin of the world) were imputed to Christ.  That they were not His, He didn’t comment them, He didn’t experience them.  But He accepted them as a debt that needed to be paid, okay.  That’s what I thought it meant.  As I look at it now, I was right.  But I wasn’t right far enough, because there is more. 

Yes sin was imputed to Him in that… like this, did Christ sin?  No.  Did we sin?  Yes.  Is there a penalty?  Yes.  Christ said, I’ll take your sin and I’ll pay your penalty.  Did now, Christ sin?  No.  Is He guilty of sin?  No.  He just said I’ll pay the penalty for them.  He died FOR us, the Bible says.  He didn’t die in our place instead.  He didn’t die so we don’t have to die.  He died FOR us.  That is a positive act. 

george. ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »

Hi Marlene

You present
Verse 15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
To confirm,  here is another Scripture from http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7474.0.html

Dan 12:2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting [eonian] life, and some to shame [rebuke, reproach, disgrace] and everlasting [eonian] contempt [repulsion, aversion, abhorrence].

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.