bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you know?  (Read 7241 times)

AK4

Did you know?
« on: December 12, 2008, 09:32:27 AM »

Someone sent me an email that i couldnt copy and paste here so i will just paraphrase it for you guys.  I wonder if the person who put this together did this with or without the spurious passages in the bible.  It went like this---

Q:What is the shortest chapter in the bible?
A: Psalm 117

Q: what is the longest chaper in the bible?
A: Psalms 119

Q: Which chapter is in the center of the bible?
A:Psalms 118

There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
Add them together and you 1188

Q: What is the center verse of the bible?
A: Psalms 118:8

Then the email says "does this say something about Gods perfect will for us?"

Im not going to spoil it for you guys, I let you look it up yourselves  ;)

OBrenda

Re: Did you know?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:36:53 AM »

Wisdom/Words to live by!

Peace,
Brenda

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »

Someone sent me an email that i couldnt copy and paste here so i will just paraphrase it for you guys.  I wonder if the person who put this together did this with or without the spurious passages in the bible.  It went like this---

Q:What is the shortest chapter in the bible?
A: Psalm 117

Q: what is the longest chaper in the bible?
A: Psalms 119

Q: Which chapter is in the center of the bible?
A:Psalms 118

There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
Add them together and you 1188

Q: What is the center verse of the bible?
A: Psalms 118:8

Then the email says "does this say something about Gods perfect will for us?"

Im not going to spoil it for you guys, I let you look it up yourselves  ;)

Most of these 'facts' may not be true: http://www.snopes.com/religion/center.asp

Like Ray says, if the church (Great Babylon) teaches it, it's not true.

Marques

musicman

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »

I have checked in to many supposed proofs for the divine inspiration of the holy scriptures from numerology to extended bible codes.  My biggest problem is that I can't verify things based on ancient languages on my own.  I neither know ancient Hebrew nor ancient Greek (let's not forget that some believe the NT was first written in Arabic).  I find that verification relies on searching for refutations of findings.  When they don't exist, I feel that they have been verified.  For instance the number 153:

1.   Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred  and fifty and three.
2.   The phrase Sons of God in the Hebrew has a numeric value of exactly 153.
3.   The Greek equivalent adds up to 3,213 (21x153).
4.   Another Greek phrase (joint heirs) has a numeric value of 1,071 (7x153)
5.   In Mark the list of the twelve disciple's names =9,639 (7x9x153).
6.   “The net”  as from John 21:6  has a numeric value of 2124 (8x153)

Obviously, for words with only 1 and 153 chance of adding up, this  being the work of the divine, would be pretty well substantiated, if it is true.  I can't tell.  But I haven't noticed anyone denying this particular set of numerology.

Also, that value of "The net" 2124 is also 17x72.
So what.
It's just that:

Noah’s Ark rested in the mountains of Ararat on the 17Th month and the Lord Jesus resurrection was on the 17Th   (of Nisan) as well.  The Greek noun for fish occurs in the whole Bible in 17 verses (I guess).

That might mean something if 17 were connected with say. . . . . . 153.

How does 17 and 153 connect:
  1=1
  3=1+2
  6=1+2+3
 10=1+2+3+4
 15=1+2+3+4+5
153=1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15+16+17
+________________

Genesis 5:27 records Methuselah's life at 969 years, the oldest recorded age in bible.  969 may be symbol for aionios life.

Well, that I can verify with simple math.  Was the age of Methuselah (969) put in later for these numbers to connect?  Or maybe 153 was added.  Or both.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

hmmm, I know one thing for sure about all of that:
TOO MUCH MATH!!! :P
Interesting, though! ;)
Kathy

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »

Too many notes, just remove some of them ???. If you are a King or Queen you can do this anytime. ;D

george. :-\

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 07:53:10 PM »

Did you know?
Do I care?
NO.
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

gmik

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »

I don't really care....but....there is something in that that interests me, if just for entertainment value.

I always thought Ronald Wilson Reagan was the 666 man!! Ha.

Musicman, that was pretty cool.  Do you know about the Fibronacci sequence?  That intrigues me.

musicman

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 10:42:53 PM »

No, but I've heard of fibromyalgia.  Has something to do with chronic fatigue sendrome.

I think it's awsome to find little tidbits that prove devine intervention.  I think I have come across well over 100 or so.  It's neat stuff.  Just start out as a skeptic of everything and eventually you'll know that you are on to something. 

Not that I buy into the 666 phenomenon but how does Ronald Wilson Reagan add up to 666.  Computer does if you multiply the answer by six.  So does Henry Kessenger.  But Reagan's full name = 202.

charrie

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 11:15:19 PM »

musicman, did you notice that you just made your "666" post.

the beast is within all of us...let's let that "dog" out :D :D

Charrie :-*

AK4

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 04:03:03 PM »

Ive have been reading up on this number thing and you know goes back to pagan babylon and the way the worshipped and tried to predict things.  It just is more pagan rituals

musicman

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:14:55 AM »

Nobody said to worship it or use it to predict the future.  If it shows something that is concrete then take it for what it is.  There is no ritual to checking if numbers pan out.  Iv'e also heard that denying the trinity makes one a Jevova's Witness.   

AK4

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 02:09:49 AM »

Nobody said to worship it or use it to predict the future.  If it shows something that is concrete then take it for what it is.  There is no ritual to checking if numbers pan out.  Iv'e also heard that denying the trinity makes one a Jevova's Witness.   

oh im not judging at all. it was just a blank statement thats all

gmik

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »

Ronald=6 letters
Wilson=6 letters
Reagan=6 letters.

How stupid was I. Ha

Fibronacci sequence is probably used in music--Musicman look it up.  It is in nature, space, buildings, faces etc....had to be God.

musicman

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 12:42:44 PM »

Oh, I didn't actually count the letters.

I am familiar with Phi.  That's been called the Divine ratio.  I learned about this while reading a christian favorite, "The Davinci Code".  Basically, there are angles found all through nature that when compared, have a ratio of about 1.618 to 1.  When comparing certain lengths of our body, this ratio is evident (I've heard that it isn't always exact, though).  In nature it is said that these ratios are found in angles of many plant leaves, numbers of male and female honey bees ect.  This ratio has been used in painting, architecture and music.  I understand that fibronacci is related to Phi. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.