bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Moses, or law of Christ?  (Read 4539 times)

Carlos31

Law of Moses, or law of Christ?
« on: December 14, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »

In fact, Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers. You must listen to everything he tells you.

acts 3:22

Beloved

Re: Law of Moses, or law of Christ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »

Carolos

Is there a question or is a statement being made in your post?

Why would anyone here at BT forum disagree with this.

Moses gave physical laws and these where shadows of the spiritual.

(Joh 6:63)  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

We need to read and study the word and then look at everything we believe with scruitiny, to see what Babylonean baggage may be attached to these beliefs and try to rid ourselves of all of these.

Cute Ray Ray but .....it was Christ in Ray L Smith, that re-iterated the words.

beloved

Carlos31

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »

it was a statement, I just wanted to clarify this, because I just read this verse today, I have read it before but never got inspired on it.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:14 AM »

Carlos,

Is it your position that there will be prophets teaching in this present era?

Many young people are drawn to other impressive young people who seem to have special knowledge.  We who have observed this situation in our relatively longer lifetime are interested in the personal history of the youthful prophet.  Would you care to share more detail of your private life and how you came to see the things you know?  I'm sure that many of us would be able to relate to events in our own lives that didn't seem so important at the time,  but now seem to have been part of the leading of God in our lives.

Since you live outside the U. S. I would be interested in your family background and how your parents/grandparents/ancestors came to be where they now live.

In my own example, my grandparents came from Germany, Denmark, Norway and Scotland/Ireland.  My wife's parents came from England and Wales, but the family history is very sparse.  It seems that immigrants from that era 1860 to 1920 were very secretive about their life in the old country.  I think it may have been that they were quite poor and somewhat oppressed in the old country concerning family religion.  How about you?  Did your family come from poor immigrants or from religious persecution?

Thanks for any information you are willing to share.

Indiana Bob Breyfogle (brei-vogel) (Berrell) (McPherson) (von Hanson)

Carlos31

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »

Hi, well my family with the exception of my father, they live in GA, in USA.

i came back to costa rica, to study at a university, plus, I do not have US citizenship, just a tourist visa.

Part of my family is from costa Rica, having ancestors from spain, the other part, from my mothers fathers family is from argentina with some ancestors from israel and the rest from spain, and the family of the grandmother of my mom is from italy.

my mom is from argentina but they moved to costa rica, because my grandma got divorced, and she moved back to her country.

mmm, all my knowledge comes from revelation, for example, when I read scriptures, or sometimes God inspires me, and mostly is from reading from Ray's work, this is still revelation, because w/o the spirit you would understand nothing.

God Bless.

Carlos31

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 08:47:38 PM »

"Is it your position that there will be prophets teaching in this present era?"

I missed this question, lol

answer:

"And truly He gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers,"

eph 4:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.