bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Interesting Coincidence?  (Read 3964 times)

Ninny

An Interesting Coincidence?
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »

Hi All!
As you know my two year old grandson, Grayson had a brain tumor removed in October. My son asked the doctor what caused the tumor. The doctor replied, "bad luck." Now my son and his wife are believers in The Living God and they do not believe in luck. so they started questioning themselves what they could have done differently with Grayson than with his two older brothers. She nursed the two older ones until she had to go back to work and then put them on a combination of her own milk mixed with formula. Then she eventually put them on 100% formula.

When Grayson was born he couldn't hold down the mother's milk, he had reflux pretty badly. So the dr. told them to put him on formula. He threw that up the same as the mother's milk.So the dr. recommended soy formula. He drank that until he was about nine or ten months old. My son started doing research on soy formula and found there is a link to brain cancer and tumors and brain damage, plus a number of other health issues!

If that isn't enough they met three little ones while at children's hospital, two babies and a three year old all with brain cancer. My son and daughter in law began asking the parents what kind of formula their children had been on...all three? The exact same soy formula- brand name and all -that Grayson had been on as a baby!! Some may say that is just a coincidence, I don't know. I don't have any way of knowing whether that has anything to do with Grayson's tumor, but if there is a question at all in the minds of parents they should try an alternative to soy formula.  I just know the anguish that we went through with Grayson and what those poor families dealing with the cancer are going through and will be going through for God only knows how long. We were dumbfounded when we learned that those other precious children had been on soy-based formula, too.

I just wanted to bring this up for informational purposes. Just be informed. Moderators if this is an improper thing to post on the forum please feel free to remove it or caution me about it. Children and grandchildren are our blessings from God and we need to protect them! We serve an awesome God who gives us blessings beyond compare!
Hugs,
Kathy :)  

EKnight

Re: An Interesting Coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:28:56 PM »

Hmmm, Kathy, I have heard bad things about excess use of soy as well.  I know that there are quite a few members here who are more knowledgeable in nutrition. Maybe they know more.

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:37:50 AM »

I know that soy is a phytoestrogen it acts as or mimics estrogen in the body. I have a sister who had breast cancer a few years ago and her doctor told her never to use soy. So there are some questions about it's use in adults I know.
It's just strange that this could be a questionable product on the market for babies.
Kathy

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »

You are absolutely right about the soy Ninny, but sadly all formula is horrible for any baby. Look at the ingredients of any baby formula, nearly all of them list high fructose corn syrup and soybean oil as main ingredients, it's very easy to find the health risks associated with these two ingredients; just google. If a woman can not breastfeed which is extremely rare (as much as 99% of women can) then she can make baby formula with raw goat's milk and a few added ingredients that will be similar to human milk but nothing will ever be as good. God designed babies to survive on mother's milk which He designed to be perfect for them, Nestle doesn't take the same care in their design they are trying to make a product that will gain a profit. My baby has reflux as well, all of my children had a problem with their stomachs, but I was easily able to keep breastfeeding them by changing my diet. Cow's milk is the biggest cause of infant reflux and "colic" and it is transferred in mom's milk. Eggs and wheat are the other main culprits that ruin breastfeeding relationships. I wish doctor's knew something about nutrition and would tell women to alter their diets rather than switch their baby to formula, but when you see that the american academy of pediatrics list formula makers as a main sponsor it's easy to understand why they are so quick to push that as the answer. I am so very deeply sorry for your grandbaby and your whole family but I am so grateful that he is ok and that you all are figuring out what caused his problem. 
ETA: formula is made from cow's milk, so if he reacted to it in his mother's milk he would react to it in the formula as well.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:51:51 PM by KristaD »

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 01:32:53 PM »

Thank you Krista for the info. I appreciate it very much! :)
Kathy :)

Linny

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »

Krista is absolutely correct. There are only a few forms of soy that are good for us and none are anything I would wish to partake in. :P Most soy is just another overly processed food. And little girls should never eat a lot of soy as it also affects the thyroid.

Man-made stuff and natural foods destroyed by heat (pasteurization and homogenization) aren't the stuff our bodies were designed to ingest. Putting it into tiny babies leads to many problems for many of them. Add to that the many poisons in the vaccines and you have a recipe for disaster and thousands of sick children unnecessarily. Sick children break my heart.

I think that formula was invented as a substitute for the rare women who couldn't breast feed (which as Krista said is actually quite rare), but it has become the norm and a crutch for those who don't have the support and teaching needed to breast feed successfully. I am so thankful to the Lord for teaching me about this stuff before He sent my kids.

Hopefully, people who have been given this information you shared here will share it with others and save other families having to go through what you guys went through.

Blessings, Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.