bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prodigal Boogey  (Read 4917 times)

Vangie

Prodigal Boogey
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:41:14 PM »

You guys might remember me babbling about the baby squirrel my husband brought home last year and we raised.  We "soft released" him in May, and he gradually became wilder and wilder, and the last time I saw him was at the end of the summer, around August. 
We still put food out for his relatives and the birds, and I have been wondering if he's okay, as it's getting cold here in Georgia. 

So.....guess who came for a visit?  Boogey Woogey is alive and well!  He came right up to me as I was putting food out, and I sat down and he came to my lap and ate from my hand.  Joe got some walnuts and peanuts and handed them to me, and Boogey hung out for a good 30 minutes plus eating and attacking my hand when I tried to hold him--but he didn't run, he just fussed at me.  (I showed my parents my little scratches and I was like, "look it's like he never left--last time ya'll saw me I had Boogey scratches"....okay, yes I know that sounds crazy.  I should visit my parents more often, right!?)

I just thought it was so neat that after 4 months, a squirrel remembers.  Just one of God's creatures.....amazing is our God.

Thanks for listening,
Vangie

EKnight

Re: Prodigal Boogey
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »

How sweet Vangie!!  :)

This whole story reminds me of a link someone posted (I think it was here) with the Tiger that was released into the wild and back in the 70's? and they went to find him and the tiger greeted them as if they were all old friends.

Personally, I'm afraid of squirrels.  :-\

Eileen

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:44:57 PM »

Near where I live they have white squirrels. 

http://www.whitesquirrels.ca/

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »

Near where I live they have white squirrels. 

http://www.whitesquirrels.ca/

Awe.....They are so cute Fester......

I want a Boogey Woogey....I Loved your pictures of him Vangie!

God brings us Joy through his creation doesn't he?

Brenda
 ;D

Vangie

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »

Fester--the white squirrels are so CUTE!  Thanks for showing us that!

Yep Brenda, God sure does bring us joy through His creation! 

Love in Christ,
Vangie 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:44:41 PM by Vangie »

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »

Cute squirrel story. Them white squirrels is cute, I don't care who you are!  ;D ;D
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.