bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rapture Question.  (Read 15927 times)

Jackie Lee

Re: Rapture Question.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 04:12:03 PM »

if you go into Joel osteen's web site, it almost looks like a market.

if i remember right he even sells sermons

He was on Larry king live a couple weeks ago, he said he never took a salary, but sells books videos etc.
 I know he and his wife are very wealthy.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:13:11 PM by Jackie Lee »

Carlos31

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 12:37:51 AM »

If i remember right he made 20 million dollars for selling just one book.

But I do agree with some of the stuff he teaches, but he still teaches heresy.

the bible instructs us to keep the good and throw away the bad things.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:38:59 AM by Carlos31 »

aqrinc

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:22 AM »

Carlos31,

I shudder to ask, you know rushing in where Angels fear to tread but :o; what exactly do you agree
with Joel O'steen about. ??? ???

george.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 03:02:31 AM »

Joel Osteen reminds me a bit of Norman Vincent Peal.

aqrinc

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »

Ok, so any particular Scriptural practices from J O'Steen that was worth keeping is my question.
If so, would you state it here or PM me with the info.  ???

george. ;D

If i remember right he made 20 million dollars for selling just one book.

But I do agree with some of the stuff he teaches, but he still teaches heresy.

the bible instructs us to keep the good and throw away the bad things.

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »

Very good Horseman ;D,

I have had to choke and listen many sunday mornings when Mrs is getting her fix. Nope not that one
it has got to be something beyond my current understanding ???. Trying to work with a Brother who is
finding his way like we all are at some time.

george . :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »

Carlos, good job  and many blessings in your translating job!!!!   Keep us informed as to when you are finished and how the recipients' responses are....

Thank you Drywalker for posting those scriptures from Rays paper on the 'rapture'  ...I needed to hear this, especially after I had gone to a "Prophecy Club" meeting last week about the 'end times'...(at least  it was a good thing that the guest speaker was not preaching the rapture as the churches are teaching it.); none the less,  he got very "distant and disappointed and suspicious" with me after I told him that I did not agree that AMERICA was the BABYLON, but that it was the church!  I even felt like he was looking at me as though I were a demon sent to try to deceive him, lol!))   Anyway, what an amazing and wonderful thing to know the truth about who is leaving this earth and who is staying...wow were we ever deceived in the churches on this issue!!!

blessings,
Susan

Carlos31

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »

well I dont know if he is doing a fake smile or not.

Joel is always smiling.

And if you have the right mind, you can learn things from anybody, atheist, christian or not.

well yesterday i posted lake of fire part 2, and somebody told me that he agree in 96%, lol, I did not read what was the 4% that he did not agree on.

Shalom.

Carlos31

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »

is there anybody here from GA?

dogcombat

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 06:33:23 PM »

I am.

Ches

Stevernator

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »

I'm from GA also.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

Joel is always smiling.

And if you have the right mind, you can learn things from anybody, atheist, christian or not.

well yesterday i posted lake of fire part 2, and somebody told me that he agree in 96%, lol, I did not read what was the 4% that he did not agree on.

Shalom.
I agree with you Carlos God can use anyone for his purpose.  :)

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »

The "Rapture" was in 1980 by Blondie.

"Rapture" was the first song containing elements of rap music vocals to reach number one in the U.S. and helped introduce the then underground rap genre to a larger audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPikUPlRD8

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Ray-Ray

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »

HEY CARLOS , i,m from the mid Ga area,Ray-Ray

mharrell08

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »

Joel is always smiling.

Shalom.

The Lord tells us again and again NOT to learn from the heathen and other nations (including Babylon):

Deut 12:30  Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods [tithing, seeking materialistic gain, doing good works of one's supposed 'free will'] saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.

Deut 18:9  When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

Jer 10:2  Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Rev. 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The Joel Osteens, TD Jakes, Rick Warrens, and what not are NOT to be welcomed into our hearts with their deceptive doctrines and false 'kiss of death' smiles:

2 Tim 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2 John 1:9-11  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

1 John 2:15-16  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

We are to learn the ways of the Lord...for in Him we are complete and lack nothing:

Deut 16:30  That which is altogether JUST shalt thou follow, that thou mayest LIVE, and inherit the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Deut 5:33  Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may LIVE, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.

Matt 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me [Christ]; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall FIND REST unto your souls.

Col 2:10  And ye are complete IN HIM [Christ], which is the head of all principality and power:

We learn from the Lord THROUGH their disobedience not from them in any way, shape, or form:

Ecc 1:13  An experience of evil God has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it

1 Cor 15:10  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

It is most humbling to come into the knowledge that without the grace of God, any of us could have been them in the world. But this knowledge is also from the grace of God...not them; so it is NOTHING they can offer that can benefit anyone spiritually.

Thanks,

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »

Marques,

You are 100 percent correct on this; it is interesting how a little leaven will leaven the whole lump.

george.

Marlene

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2008, 12:16:04 AM »

Joel and His wife are on Larry King tonight. Just saw tail end of it. That, church of his is packed. My Mother and Husband are starting to think more like me everyday. They think it looks like a show not a house of God. I don't have a thing spritual to learn from him. He is being used for Gods purpose. I sure do feel a part of the few tonight. I am so glad to have you all and the truths of God.

I remember when they use to say the U.S. is Babylon. I am sure no preacher would take well to finding out it is the Babylon Church System. Yes, God is using them to show us the few what a put on it is. My Mother heard Joel telling someone it is hard times, but with God we can make it through. Anyone can make it through when you are filthy rich. But, I am glad money has never meant that much to me. As, long as I can make ends meet that is all anyone needs.  One thing money cannot buy us is a ticket from death even the rich will face death.

In His Love,
Marlene

Carlos31

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »

well marques I never said to learn from evil.

I said that when you talk to a person, let it be christian, muslim or atheist, YOU CAN ALWAYS learn something good.

keep the good, throw away the bad.

You can at least learn from their humbleness or their caracter, not all christians have better caracter than aiteist, think about it.

if all your friends think exactly like you, you are a liar.

mharrell08

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »

I said that when you talk to a person, let it be christian, muslim or atheist, YOU CAN ALWAYS learn something good.

You can at least learn from their humbleness or their caracter, not all christians have better caracter than aiteist, think about it.

If that is what you believe Carlos...but what saith the scriptures? "...We ought to obey God rather than men." [Acts 5:29]

Matt. 21:12-13  And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

1 Cor 5:9-13  I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

These, and many other scriptures, say it all...

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »

Carlos31,

Please check out the sources that you are using for your Edification. I will give some Scriptures
that refute your statements as unscriptural: As Ray has stated, the unity is already here: Christ
in us, we in Him and Him (Christ) In The Father. All the other groups and religions are trying to
create another (new) unity built on sand and lies. So what part light with darkness. ???

II Corinthians 6:14:
Be not getting diversely yoked with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and
lawlessness? Or what fellowship hath light with darkness?

1st Corinthians: 10 15-23
15-As, to prudent men, I speak,—judge, ye, what I say:—

16-The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not, a sharing together of the blood of the Christ?
The loaf which we break, is it not, a sharing together of the body of the Christ?

17-Because, one loaf, one body, we, the many, are, for we, all, of the one loaf, partake.

18-Be looking at Israel after the flesh:—are not, they who eat the sacrifices, joint partakers with the altar?

19-What, then, am I saying?—that, an idol-sacrifice, is anything? or that, an idol, is anything?

20-On the contrary—that, the things which the nations sacrifice, unto demons, and not unto God,
they sacrifice; and I wish not that ye should become, sharers together with the demons!

21-Ye cannot be drinking—a cup of the Lord, and a cup of demons; ye cannot be partaking of, a table
of the Lord, and a table of demons.

22-Or are we to provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we mightier than he?

23-All things are allowable—but, not all things, are profitable,—all things are allowable—but, not all things, upbuild.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.msg43144.html#msg43144

June ‘07 Bible Study

Saved By Grace Thru Faith
   [By Divine influence upon our HEARTS]

This is a part of my on going attempt to show you how everything is interrelated in the scriptures.  Everything comes down to one main objective - one main purpose - one thing, remember I’ve said that so often, it’s all ONE.  You study out any subject in the scripture and it all comes down to one thing…. it’s all ONE.

Jesus Christ was an individual and He did all these many many things and He has a Father and He has done all these wonderful things.  Yet He says, “I and My Father are ONE.” (John 10:30)  And I have said everything is ONE.

Eph 4:1  I therefore the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you to walk worthily of the vocation wherewith you were called,
v. 2  with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
v. 3  Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

You know what unity means - unity means it’s all together, that’s what unity is, all together in one.  One purpose - one cause - one whatever, it’s unified. 

These churches of the world are out to create a unity between them.  I mean they would even try to create a unity between the Moslems and the Christians.  Give me a break, what fellowship has light with darkness, or what fellowship has darkness with darkness, how about that.  The unity already exist, we don’t create a new unity.  “Keep the unity of the Spirit,” there already is that unity.  We are encouraged to keep it, not create it, it’s already there. 

Eph 4:4  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as also ye were called in one hope of your calling;
v. 5  one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
v. 6  one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in you all.

It’s all ONE! 
So today I’m going to talk especially about - saved by grace thru faith.

Excerpt from Unequally yoked by L. Ray Smith

http://bible-truths.com/yoked.htm

First, let's read the entire Scripture:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (II Cor. 6:14-18).

The phrase "unequally yoked together" is the translation of just one Greek word, heterozugeo, which is a compound word that means, "to yoke up differently; to associate discordantly; unequally yoke together." It is used but this one time in the Bible.

The word "yoke" means a coupling as when two oxen are coupled or yoked together by a pulling beam to do work such as plowing a field or pulling a wagon.

And so Paul is telling the Corinthians congregation which was steeped in paganism and their cities peppered with pagan temples, that they should not be "unequally" yoked with those that practiced paganism or any works of darkness. They were to avoid: "unbelievers, unrighteousness, darkness, Belial, infidels, and idols." There it is. That's the list Paul gave them, exactly as we read above. Nothing is mentioned about marriage, but it does apply to marriage.

Sorry this is so long, but we do have a problem of mixing totally unscriptural (man's wisdom)
with the (Spiritual things of God).

george. ???

You can at least learn from their humbleness or their character, not all christians have better character than atheist, think about it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.