bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray Contradicts himself?  (Read 5890 times)

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
Ray Contradicts himself?
« on: December 15, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »

At the bottom of this page (http://bible-truths.com/faq.html) we are invited to email Ray and ask him a question.  We are also invited to post the question on the forum.  So as I wait for his reply (I did email him), I am also posting it here for your comments:

Dear L. Ray Smith,

I have found what I believe is a contradiction in your teachings.

In a reply to an email question you state (displayed in blue) the following (bold emphasis mine):

Reference:   http://bible-truths.com/email7.htm#race

So why should it be thought a thing incredible that God should have contained all the races in our original parents. Actually the problem (if one wishes to call it a problem) is closer to us than Adam and Eve.  You see the human race started all over again with Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives.  So in Noah's family the races had to be contained.

There are three basic racial lines in the world: African, European, and Oriental.  These three answer to, Ham, Shem, and Japeth, OR possibly to Ham's, Shem's, and Japeth's WIVES! It is difficult to figure how three BROTHERS could all be of a different race, when they had the same mother and father. However, the three wives of their three sons could have easily be representatives of the three major racial groups.

In another email reply I found your comments (displayed in blue) to a question (displayed in red):

Reference:   http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8712.0.html

I have a question regarding Humanity or Mankind after Noah’s Flood.  Are all the descendants from Noah and his family?

Do you mean is all humanity on earth today descendants from Noah and his family?  No, I don't think so, as there were whole nations of people alive during the regional flood of Noah.

In one reply you state that the human races were contained in Noah’s family and started all over again with them.  Then in another reply you state that all humanity is not the descendants from Noah and his family. 

Which way is it?  Please explain this apparent contradiction as I find this confusing.

Thanks,
Wes
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

EKnight

Re: Ray Contradicts himself?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:24:58 PM »

I don't know the date of the first email but I think that the conference material where Ray says that the flood was not GLOBAL is a relatively recent discovery for Ray.  So the first email comments likely came before Ray was given this new revelation. 

Not that that helps.  I think Ray would be the first to say it if that was the case.  But maybe it just was never brought to his attention.  I'm sure he doesn't recall every email he has answered in the past.

:-\ :-\ :-\

Eileen

Carlos31

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:54:52 PM »

"You see the human race started all over again with Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives.  So in Noah's family the races had to be contained. "

could Ray mean in a godly form of living?

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:09:58 AM »

"You see the human race started all over again with Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives.  So in Noah's family the races had to be contained. "

could Ray mean in a godly form of living?

That would be a deceiving answer and does not fit the context of the question nor does it fit the context of his reply.  Furthermore it is not logical as we know of no true Godly living races.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:14:40 AM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Carlos31

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:23:11 AM »

having sex with your sister used to not be illegal.

why do I say this?

Abraham and Sarah, brother and sister.

well didn't Eve com from Adan?

Eve was Adan's flesh, this is like his sister.

Didn't Eve's children married among each other???

or not?

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 08:41:15 AM »

Eileen.

Is probably right.  Dennis can look into this.

Craig

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »

Eileen.

Is probably right.  Dennis can look into this.

Craig

True. I'll remove the email from the site.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.