bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's Stoicism  (Read 4177 times)

Superman

God's Stoicism
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »

It's been a while since I ran across it, so could someone point me to the article where Ray talks about God not having emotions, and that any claim of such in the Bible is to help human's understand better?

Kat

Re: God's Stoicism
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:34:48 PM »

Hi Superman,

Here are a couple of email that speak about God's emotions.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3719.0.html -----

You can’t think that God has human emotions, like we do, even though He expresses human emotions, like we know He does.  But no, He doesn’t.  Even this thing of love agapeo, and phileo brotherly love.  When God talks about His wrath and His anger, it’s not that He can’t control His emotions.  He talks to us so we can understand from a man’s prospective, what these emotions are, see.

http://bible-truths.com/email12.htm -----------------------------

God often shows "human emotion" in the Scriptures: jealously, disappointment, sorrow, grief, repentance, etc.  All such words and statements are for man's benefit. God speaks to mankind on a physical, human level, because mankind is carnal (Rom. 8:7) and CANNOT comprehend spiritual things. So God presents us with many statements of human emotion as though God is actually experiencing those "human emotions" at the time He expresses them to us.

This is the RELATIVE truth, only understandable to spiritual babes with carnal minds.   God interacting with the human race no unlike a marionette show for children. To the children, IT APPEARS as though all the action on the stage is REALITY. But every ADULT knows that the real reality is BEHIND THE CURTAIN.  The "operators" of the marionettes are the ultimate reality. GOD IS THAT OPERATOR BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF HUMAN UNDERSTANDING:

"In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him Who works [Greek: 'operates'] ALL THINGS after the counsel of His own will" (Eph. 1:11).

God is presented in MANY Scriptures as though He CHANGES--does one thing, but then changes and does another; says one thing, but then changes and says another. All this is the RELATIVE from man's perspective. There is much in the Scriptures written this way. Who often does God ASK QUESTIONS in the Scriptures?  DO WE THINK THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW THE ANSWERS?? Of course not. It is for man's benefit that God speaks this way.  "And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?" (Gen. 3:9). God KNEW where Adam was. He merely called out to Adam in this way for ADAM'S benefit.

How often we read of God "repenting" of what He said He would do. But that's CHANGING His mind. Does God CHANGE?  Of course not: 

"For I am the LORD, I CHANGE NOT..." (Mal. 3:6).

"God is NOT A MAN, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should REPENT..." (Num. 23:19).

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

Ray

Superman

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:51:16 AM »

Thankya, that's what I was looking for.

How are you, Kat?

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »

You are welcome, I'm glad I could be a help and I'm quite well   :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.