bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man came from a rock  (Read 15013 times)

daywalker

Re: Man came from a rock
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »

Getting back to Atheists, I just saw this bumper sticker....

Atheists believe there is NO God,
but HE is responsible for all the crap!!!!

Haha, that's funny...

Ironically, I've never met a 'true' Atheist myself. Every time I've ever had a conversation with an 'alleged' one, it turns out they are really "Agnostic". Most don't even know what "Atheist" means.

-Daywalker

David

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »

I've had some conversations with athiests and read some of them too. Most of their objections to Christianity are based on orthodox doctrine, and often spurious twistings of orthodox doctrine. Were their objections based on orthodox doctrine alone, that would be bad enough, but to actually twist something thats twisted in the first place.......their objections are based on lies upon lies. Its understandable why they think Christianity is a bunch of nonsense, most of it thats taught is.

aqrinc

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »

Ok lots of opinions here, there is much more to the Creation than just Earth and Humans.
Just stop for a moment and think, according to our new understanding from Ray and Science
the Earth is at least 4.5+ billion years old, the universe 16+ billion years old. If we let God out
of the box of our mind ??? what could He not Do with the millions of other Galaxies he Created. ???

Just my two cents; The Scriptures say that most of what Jesus Christ did was not written
in books as the whole world could not contain the information.

We do not need to shut down our minds when the Scriptures Declare that:

Psalms 19:1:
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handiwork.

Psalms 50:6:
And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.

Psalms 97:6:
The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

Proverbs 8:24-31
24-When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 
25-Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26-While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27-When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass on the face of the depth:
28-When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29-When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed
the foundations of the earth:
30-Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31-Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

John 21:25:
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one,
I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

John 20: 30-31
30-And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31-But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing
you might have life through his name.

Romans 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.

george. ;D

David

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »

Ok lots of opinions here, there is much more to the Creation than just Earth and Humans.
Just stop for a moment and think, according to our new understanding from Ray and Science
the Earth is at least 4.5+ billion years old, the universe 16+ billion years old. If we let God out
of the box of our mind ??? what could He not Do with the millions of other Galaxies he Created. ???

Just my two cents; The Scriptures say that most of what Jesus Christ did was not written
in books as the whole world could not contain the information.

We do not need to shut down our minds when the Scriptures Declare that:

Psalms 19:1:
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handiwork.

Psalms 50:6:
And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.

Psalms 97:6:
The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

Proverbs 8:24-31
24-When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 
25-Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26-While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27-When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass on the face of the depth:
28-When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29-When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed
the foundations of the earth:
30-Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31-Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

John 21:25:
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one,
I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

John 20: 30-31
30-And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31-But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing
you might have life through his name.

Romans 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.

george. ;D

This is a great post George. The understanding of the age of the earth and the age of the universe is nothing new. I was taught it in school, and its often taught in science programs etc. What was a total revelation was how the scriptures contained these facts about Gods universe for thousands of years.

David

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 06:57:26 PM »

This is just a thought. I am on the Creators side but someone
mentioned this is what we are taught from our first year in
school, and this is true, but the why is the most shocking
proof of how ignorant our education system and society has
become.
Ben Stein made a movie called "Expelled" and that movie tells just
why we have evolution taught and the idea of Intelligent
Design is "expelled" from grade school, high school, and college
and science. Just incase you maybe interested.

The main reason that the accademic world has rejected teaching intelligent design and creation science in schools and colleges is because its usually linked to the premise that the earth is 6000 years old. I wouldn't want my child to be taught such nonsense.

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 08:27:02 PM »

David,

Think how it has been for me when at 8 and 9 years old; i was questioning these very assumptions
and was told to just stop being foolish and a dreamer ???. As Ray has said; there is so much in that
Bible; my favourite saying is there is so much more in Scripture than most people even contemplate.

Mind Of GOD vs mind of mankind.
Just tried a little experiment to make a point, analogy breaks down immediatley as the difference is
immeasurably vast with anything we use to count.
:o

Psalms 40:5:
Many, O LORD my God, are your wonderful works which you have done, and your thoughts which are
to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order to you: if I would declare and speak of them, they
are more than can be numbered.

Isaiah 55:8:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, said the LORD.

Isaiah 55:9:
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts
than your thoughts.

Romans:1 18-21
18-For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19-Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God has showed it to them.

20-For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by
the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21-Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became
 vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

There is a lot in Scripture we have not even sniffed yet, i truly long for That Day When ABBA IS READY.
george. ;D

musicman

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »

I see no justification to force intelligent design on students.  However, I think that teachers should be more honest when it comes to the problems associated with macro-evolution.  But leave intelligent design to the individuals to study on their own.  By the way, I have new definitions for two commonly parroted terms:

Agnostic-Know nothing

Atheist-Know it all

winner08

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 11:33:07 PM »

The universe is so massive, as Ray said there are billions of galaxies and in those galaxies there are billions of planets. I (myself) believe that the earth is the only planted inhabited. Could it be that we are the only life forms in the whole universe. I just don't think God of the universe just created life forms on planted earth. Maby He created other life forms on other planets. We don't know for sure one way or the other. It would be arrogant of us to presume we know for sure. Like everyone agrees that their is no mention is scripture one way or the other. Some of us will believe that there are other life forms on other planets and some of us won't believe. either way it comes down to ones own opinion. This is mine.

David

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 07:59:03 AM »

Scientists think that Mars has a lot of water locked and frozen into its rock etc. They believe that the surface of Mars has a lot of valleys and land characteristics that indicate there were once rivers there. They say that this would have been at a time when the sun was much hotter and life on earth at that point was impossible because the surface of the planet was too hot. They say that the presence of water means that there's a possibility of the presence of organic life.
So far all the soil and rock samples they've managed to analyse have come up zero.
We're all assuming that life elsewhere in the universe is not mentioned in the Bible, yet until recently I didn't know that Dinasours were mentioned.
My approach is, stick to the scriptures and understanding God has given me so far, but keep my mind open and teachable to Gods revelations.
One thing I am absolutely certain of. If there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, I will never encounter it while I live. Its inconceivable that any life form could survive the conditions of the planets closest to us in our solar system.
Its even more inconceivable that any intelligent life form inhabiting a planet orbiting a different star could ever travel the millions of miles to earth and survive. Even if they could, there are thermo nuclear "bands", almost like a nuclear atmosphere that our solar system is full of. The strongest of this nuclear energy is closest to earth, and scientists believe that nothing living that we can conceive of could ever penetrate it and live. Scientists have an idea what the universe is made up of, its basic matter, and so any conceivable life form is likely to be carbon based, needing light, water and oxygen to survive. The idea of armour plated lizards that bleed acid and breath gas is just Hollywood fantasy.
The discovery of the nuclear bands surrounding the earth out in space is what fueled the moon landing conspiracy theories.
They also say that these nuclear rings or bands out in space have been there since before there was life on earth, therefore the theory that life came from a rock hitting the earth is a bit flimsy.

jennie

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »

From my front porch... I can look across at the tops of the smoky blue mountains. Everything I see from the doe that feeds in my yard to the rain falling down like a curtain.. lets me know that God had to be in charge of it all. No man could ever make such beauty. We may try to capture it in paintings but there is no comparison. I have no idea how old these hills are that I live in but I do know that God does know and I am the one who benefits from His creation of beauty. Much love to all, Jennie

aqrinc

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »

Did a little reading last night on FTL travel. Seems science is always ready to make adjustments to Einstein's
Theory of Relativity to account for objects able to exceed the speed of light when moving in space.

Just a small sampling of what is currently being discussed.

excerpt from: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from Faster than light travel)

Light spots and shadows
If a laser is swept across a distant object, the spot of light can easily be made to move at a speed greater than c.[18] Similarly, a shadow projected onto a distant object can be made to move faster than c.[19] In neither case does any matter or information travel faster than light.

[edit] Closing speeds
An observer may conclude that two objects are moving faster than the speed of light relative to each other, by adding their velocities according to the principle of Galilean relativity.

For example, two fast-moving particles approaching each other from opposite sides of a particle accelerator will appear to be moving at slightly less than twice the speed of light, relative to each other, from the point of view of an observer standing at rest relative to the accelerator. This correctly reflects the rate at which the distance between the two particles is decreasing, from the observer's point of view and is called the closing speed. However, it is not the same as the velocity of one of the particles as would be measured by a hypothetical fast-moving observer travelling alongside the other particle. To obtain this, the calculation must be done according to the principle of special relativity. If the two particles are moving at velocities v and -v, or expressed in units of c, β and − β, where

then this relative velocity (again in units of the speed of light c) is

which is less than the speed of light.

[edit] Proper speeds
If a spaceship travels to a planet one light year (as measured in the Earth's rest frame) away from Earth at high speed, the time taken to reach that planet could be less than one year as measured by the traveller's clock (although it will always be more than one year as measured by a clock on Earth). The value obtained by dividing the distance travelled, as determined in the Earth's frame, by the time taken, measured by the traveller's clock, is known as a proper speed or a proper velocity. There is no limit on the value of a proper speed as a proper speed does not represent a speed measured in a single inertial frame. A light signal that left the Earth at the same time as the traveller would always get to the destination before the traveller.

[edit] Phase velocities above c
The phase velocity of an electromagnetic wave, when traveling through a medium, can routinely exceed c, the vacuum velocity of light. For example, this occurs in most glasses at X-ray frequencies[20]. However, the phase velocity of a wave corresponds to the propagation speed of a theoretical single-frequency (purely monochromatic) component of the wave at that frequency. Such a wave component must be infinite in extent and of constant amplitude (otherwise it is not truly monochromatic), and so cannot convey any information[21]. Thus a phase velocity above c does not imply the propagation of signals with a velocity above c.

george. ??? :o

David

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »

Interesting stuff George.
I saw a program the other night, they showed that the hubble telescope is starting to return data of planets orbiting other stars in our galaxy. What they are looking for is a rocky planet in the right proximity to a star to support life forms. So far all they have found is a few stars which appear to have large gas cloud planets like Jupiter orbiting them.
They appear as small dark spots passing in front of the star.
So if what they are seeing they've identified correctly, God did make some other planets out there.

aqrinc

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »

David,

You know; we start to understand when we know what we do not know. And we can only know what is
revealed to us or what our mind has the capacity to assimilate and adopt. In a short time many of us will
know much more about GOD'S Purpose for our being than we now know. I always have to revert to my
childhood days when someone adult said to stop asking questions; i said why stop if i want to learn. When
i got wiser (many cuffs in the head) :-X i stopped asking but kept looking and searching. Our FATHER IS Creating
us in HIS Image (Work in progress); as we grow our mental capacity to see and understand HIS Word grows.

Listening to Ray's teaching daily make me feel closer to GOD and farther from the things of the world. In his
Repentance teaching here is a quote from Ray (in blue below):

Excerpt from Repentance Nashville 2005

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.msg27923.html#msg27923

So I was wanting to repent of everything.  EVERYTHING.  I didn’t want to hold on to anything!  Give it all up.  And in my heart and mind, I was able to do it.  And I didn’t have to struggle!  I mean, I struggled all my life against these sins and now I didn’t have to struggle anymore.  The temptations would come up, but I would just put a stop on it.  That was it; God put me in control.  And I didn’t have to fight it night and day.  It just started to take care of itself.  Because there was a power working in my mind that I didn’t have before.  It was now God’s time to do that. 

And when I had nothing more to repent of, that I knew of, then the scriptures started opening up.  I started understanding the scriptures that I never understood before.  And I would learn something every month.  Every week, and then almost every day!  New things, spiritual things, lofty things.  So, if the spirit of God is going to be between your ears (you understand your heart is in your brain…), when the spirit of God starts to motivate your mind then you have greater capacity.  If you have a glass of water and you want to pour a coke into it, you’ve got to pour the water out, you’ve got to make room.  And that’s what happens in your life when you make room for God. 

george. ??? ::) ;D

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 17 queries.