bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winning Souls For Jesus? Study  (Read 9676 times)

Trikemane

Winning Souls For Jesus? Study
« on: December 19, 2008, 05:09:41 AM »

In the midst of starting the Lake of Fire Study, I found this one to be easier to read by myself.  Excellent points made, makes "perfect" sense.  Just wish this information was brought to my attention sooner as I could have kept some of my friends rather than to lose them as I was "trying to win their souls for Jesus".  This study has confirmed my suspicions of the last few years, I disliked the concept of being a pew warmer but still did not have much drive to "go out" so to speak and bring those into this mess I viewed it as.

Finally something that starts to make sense, as Romans 8:28-30 states "He designates beforehand...He calls..."
Then again in John 15:16 with, "Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you..."

As for the money end of it, my views are of same as Rays here.  I have been awaken in the area of money for many years and refuse tithing or helping in any way which takes from the basic survival of my life.  Despite being pressured to give as this is what is in the word (yet to find exact verse) or be told it.

The Light and Salt don't argue or make noise was rather inspiring, maybe now I will be able to save my voice and it will return to me what it was (my voice that is).

Just wanted to share that, not sure if this is correct or not.
So much time, so much to read, so little strength right now to read it all once let alone thrice.

MLearn :)

OBrenda

Re: Winning Souls For Jesus? Study
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 10:57:24 AM »

MLearn2  ;)

Rejoyce, for the learning never ends!

;D
Brenda

Amrhrasach

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:22:17 AM »

So much time, so much to read, so little strength right now to read it all once let alone thrice.

MLearn :)

Just go as you go.  But beware, you may find that your hunger will increase fairly rapidly to move on to the next part of LOF and other writings.

Gary

charrie

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »

That is true that your hungry grows fairly rapidly.  Once I started reading it just kept getting better.

Welcome, MLearn

Charrie :-*

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »

Yes.. I will third that statement, "the hunger indeed grows".

I discovered Ray's teachings back in February this year, and from then tell mid-summer I lost a TON of sleep... And I only sleep 4-6 hours per night!

I literally went DAYS without sleeping.. Reading and studying during work when I could, and coming home and continually. My body sure took a beating on all four levels! (physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually)

It's an amazing journey you've just begun, I pray that God gives you the strength and the desire to keep moving forward, and not be held back by fear or doubt..

God Bless You, MLearn, and ...Welcome to the L.A.B. (Life After Babylon)

-Daywalker

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »

-Daywalker

Hi Daywalker,

I love this new acronym, LAB.  It suits us perfectly. :)

Rene'

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 05:54:45 AM »

Hi Trikemane 

It is really special to be guided to receive and feed off the Truth that is like a sumptuous Banquet here at BT.

Here to add from LOF Part 5 http://bible-truths.com/lake5.html

Would you like to know what The Great Commission really is? Okay, here it is: "And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent [Gk: apostello, to send out on a mission—commission] TO BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD" (I John 4:14)! See Second Witness in John 3:17. Now if anyone knows of a GREATER mission or commission than this, I am sure we would all like to know what it is?

Now it would only be fitting that such a Dignitary ought to have a name that exemplifies so great a commission:

"Wherefore God also has highly EXALTED HIM, and given Him A NAME WHICH IS ABOVE EVERY NAME: That at THE NAME OF JESUS [Jehovah-SAVIOUR]…" (Phil. 2:9). See Second Witness in Eph. 1:21.

Okay then, we have the "commission," and we have "a name" befitting that commission, but do we have a Son Who will do the works of that commission or will He fail?

"…the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I DO, bear witness of Me…." (John 5:36).

A second witness: Did Jesus take the works ("to be the SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD") seriously?

"I MUST WORK THE WORKS [SAVE THE WORLD] OF HIM THAT SENT ME…." (John 9:4)!!!

What power might Jesus lack that could disable or frustrate this august commission of His Father?

"ALL POWER IS GIVEN UNTO ME in heaven and in earth" (Matt. 28:18)!

See Second Witness in Dan. 7:14.

Has Jesus already proven that He has enough power to overcome all the "free wills" of the world? "Be of good cheer; I have OVERCOME THE WORLD" (John 16:33).

I find that if I do not get my "daily bread" I slip into a coma zone of becoming numb in my senses. This Forum helps me to keep alive. When I EAT then my senses of appreciation are also heightened for the beauty and the blessings that encourage me to God's Plan and Purpose that He controls. 

I am learning via the experience of feeling numb death carnality contrasting to that vital quickening spiritual reality, that my spiritual food is my most vital need.

The transition is not always easy. The L.A.B. (Life After Babylon)diet is very different!

Arc
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:22:25 AM by Arcturus »

Phil3:10

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 01:24:04 PM »

Arcturus and all,
Not only is the LAB (Life after Babylon) very different it is so much sweeter and restful. To just know that GOD will lead me and accomplish in me what HE wishes is the most freeing event in my life. I am not responsible for the attempt to convert anyone. If the so-called religious leaders of today would only lead by example and not pressure can you imagine the results. Only CHRIST is the SAVIOUR of the world and little that man can do without HIM.
In HIM,

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 03:45:11 PM »

Only difference i would add; (nothing good that man can do without HIM).

george. :)

Arcturus and all,
Not only is the LAB (Life after Babylon) very different it is so much sweeter and restful. To just know that GOD will lead me and accomplish in me what HE wishes is the most freeing event in my life. I am not responsible for the attempt to convert anyone. If the so-called religious leaders of today would only lead by example and not pressure can you imagine the results. Only CHRIST is the SAVIOUR of the world and little that man can do without HIM.
In HIM,

daywalker

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 06:19:59 PM »

-Daywalker

Hi Daywalker,

I love this new acronym, LAB.  It suits us perfectly. :)

Rene'

Hey,

Thanks. Looks like it's catching on. Lol

Phil3:10 and George great points!

"...know the TRUTH and the TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE..."

So nice to finally know what Christ meant when He said that.

Over & Out,

Daywalker

charrie

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »

Great,  look I am a "LAB" rat :o, only my course is straight.  It may be a little tight, but it IS straight.

Let's all strive to finish the course and gain the crown.

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 10:18:56 PM »

Great,  look I am a "LAB" rat :o, only my course is straight.  It may be a little tight, but it IS straight.

Let's all strive to finish the course and gain the crown.

Lol

Heidi

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »

I find that if I do not get my "daily bread" I slip into a coma zone of becoming numb in my senses. This Forum helps me to keep alive. When I EAT then my senses of appreciation are also heightened for the beauty and the blessings that encourage me to God's Plan and Purpose that He controls. 

Arcturus.....the above statement is so true.  I find that I also become numb if I do not get my daily bread, or maybe experiencing withdrawal symptoms.... ;D...I need to spend time with God and His Word, almost as much as taking a breath of air.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.