bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who will take part in the wrapture?  (Read 6722 times)

musicman

Who will take part in the wrapture?
« on: December 21, 2008, 12:51:16 AM »

It's here folks.  It comes once a year.  You know, when we celebrate the birth of. . . .or the winter solstice.. . .or ???? hell I don't know what it's for, but it's here.  The wrapture.  That's right.  I hear it all the time from the well meaning blind.  Gotta go to the mall, home depot, the bar, but I definitely must wrap all of these stupid presents.  You people can go through all of that mess if you like.  I will not take part in this insanity.  Don't you love the wrapture?  You wrap up a gift for somebody knowing full well that they will put it in their closet only to rewrap it for someone else the following year.  Come on!! You ladies really gonna keep all of that perfume.  And who needs another ugly tie?  It's going back in the wrapture next year.  How many people's sanities have dissappeared due to the annual wrapture.  There will be car accidents caused by the wrapture.  You just wait.  People with their bluetooth and programing their GPS and looking at some insane guy in a Santa outfit?  They'll be gone once the wrapture hits.  Everybody just stay home. 

Unless you're rich.  Pay your servant to go wrapture.

Ninny

Re: Who will take part in the wrapture?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 01:07:06 AM »

You are such a Grinch! You really have holiday issues! Oh, but I'm not falling for this one like the Halloween debacle of October, OH NO! You made me think you were REALLY fed up with the whole thing, then you said you were just kidding! :P  :o
Oh yeah I can see you out there in the wrapture for sure! Yep, you're out there buying perfume for ladies who don't want it, ugly ties for the guys you hate, you probably bought your mom a foot massage at the local day spa! ummhummm yep, that's you mister grinchy clause! Oh, yeah and don't forget to re-wrap that 10 year old fruitcake that keeps passing between you and your Aunt Martha!! :D :D
hee hee hee You don't fool me! Here's my present to you  :-* :-* Ha! ;)
Kathy ;) 

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 02:49:58 AM »

I have no sanity and I like ugly ties.  I never get what I want for Christmas:
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/theclapper.html
Will somebody buy me one?  Please!  Just think of it as a tithe.
I want to install it in church so when people clap the lights go off and on!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:13:39 AM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

cherokee

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:08:25 AM »

And after it's all said and done,
they will ALL be chanting,
"Boy am I glad that's over".

Suzie

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »

Fester,
They'd never stop clapping! It would be a sign that God had shown up! :D

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 05:14:51 PM »

;D ;D ;D
A merry heart doeth good, like medicine!!!

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 07:14:20 PM »

Ahaha.. But make sure that they don't know you installed it.. Then they'll think it's a miracle.. And install a webcam in the Sanctuary so you can 'you tube' it. Lol

As for the 'wrapture' (lol clever btw :D):

I basically just go through the motions. Even before I learned of all the pagan influence, I was pretty much over it. It's just another day to me, but since family and friends are 'all into it', I try and put up with it...

But the one thing that I can't stand is that 'bleepin' Xmas music. Call me a Grinch if you must, but I can't stand it... Jingle Bells, Silent Night, Here Comes Santa Claus, etc, etc.  ::) ::) It's EVERYWHERE! I hear it at work, when I go shopping, and then my wife starts playing it on the Radio.. Leave me alone!!!  :'(

Anyways, have a good one!  :D

Daywalker

David

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »

I find it to be the most boring two days of the whole year.
Everywhere is closed, repeats on TV, and everyone eats as if food is
going out of fashion any day soon.
The lead up is stressful, the actual event is an anti climax,  and the aftermath is
a feeling of "well, glad thats over until next year".
I'm not a big fan of it, haven't been since my kids grew up.

musicman

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 09:18:12 PM »

Ahaha.. But make sure that they don't know you installed it.. Then they'll think it's a miracle.. And install a webcam in the Sanctuary so you can 'you tube' it. Lol

As for the 'wrapture' (lol clever btw :D):

I basically just go through the motions. Even before I learned of all the pagan influence, I was pretty much over it. It's just another day to me, but since family and friends are 'all into it', I try and put up with it...

But the one thing that I can't stand is that 'bleepin' Xmas music. Call me a Grinch if you must, but I can't stand it... Jingle Bells, Silent Night, Here Comes Santa Claus, etc, etc.  ::) ::) It's EVERYWHERE! I hear it at work, when I go shopping, and then my wife starts playing it on the Radio.. Leave me alone!!!  :'(

Anyways, have a good one!  :D

Daywalker

I love the music when it's a good transcription.  Ya'll can keep your Frank Sanatra and whatever solo transcription someone thinks is cool.  Just give me some orchestral and choir singing the classics.  On Friday I used the holiday season as an excuse to play the Nut Cracker (ouch) Suit for my students and talk about the great Tchaicovsky.  My favorite choral seasonal work is Carol of the Bells because it has good counter melody and harmony.  I also like some Hanuka music.  Man, my students sounded great Thursday at our holiday program.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:58:16 PM by musicman »

OBrenda

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 09:33:20 PM »

Hmmmm,

I love the Music, the Classic Movies,

Guess I'm of the few, I know many here do not celebrate the "wrapture".....( lol )
I understand some of the traditions are rooted in paganism.

But mostly I have only good memories of family and friends.
It's the Family/Brotherly Love that I get all "Wrapped up in".
I try and examine only my heart...which is always in need of being transformed  ;)
Brenda

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »

Brenda , I am like you. I love Music and Old Classic Movies. I enjoy time with Family. It is time we all can get together. Since I was never able to have children we always got for our neices. We have a 3 year old great grand nephew. He is coming over tomorrow to stay all night with me. He wants to decorate cookies and play. I am so excited to have him. I always wanted a son. For some reason he is really attached to me. Course, I will do about anything for him. I use to be that way with my Neices.

We all just have a nice dinner and good time with each other. Just, the little ones get a gift. Its just nice cause my Husbands work is crazy at this time of year. He will have 4 days off that he saves to re-coop. He does not worry about it. We dont decorate or anything anymore. To me anytime that we can spend with the ones we love is important. We never know what a year can bring. Other, then that we try and get together as work allows throughout the year. Just another day to be with the ones we love.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 12:56:34 AM »

Musicman, even my 8 and 11 year old grandsons love the Nutcracker Suite, I played a little snippet of a song the other day and asked them what it was and they knew immediately it was from the nutcracker! It took them a few extra seconds to remember that it was the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy! Cool, huh? I have to say that The Carol of the Bells is a beautiful piece as well! I would have loved to have heard your students play!
Nice to see your sensitive side (don't deny it!)  ;D
Kathy ;) ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.