bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer talk from India.  (Read 5124 times)

winner08

Computer talk from India.
« on: December 21, 2008, 08:12:28 PM »

Man oh man I just spent the last two hrs. on the phone with the dell people in India. My computer went bonkers. We tired everything to fix it but at the end all we could do is start all over from the beginning. Now my computer is back to factory image. Just like I took it out the box. I lost everything that was on my computer.  Time to start over. Guess what the first web site I put back in my short cuts. That's right  L Ray Smith Anyway I just wanted to say hello and if one has to call the computer people try not to do what I did and start all over. We did try every other option but nothing work I could not get my computer to work. It was kind of interesting talking with this man in India. Doing the time in between rebooting and waiting on the systems to come up we talk quit a bit. This man loves cricket, and told me all about it. It is their past time. He knew nothing about football (not soccer) American football. He has never seen it on TV and had no idea what's it about. So I tried to explain it to him. I don't believe he got it. He tried to explain cricket to me and of course I was clueless.

Darren

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Computer talk from India.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »

That's why I backup EVERYTHING twice! I've had too many crashes in the last 25 years.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:26:11 AM »

I'm clueless on American football AND cricket AND rugby. I haven't got TV, so I can't watch it either. I used to be a die hard fan of soccer (or football as we call it here). Played it myself, which was a lot of fun. I liked it until things began to get "serious". Then it was all about winning matches, didn't matter if you had fun doing it!

Maybe I'll get to play some soccer in the Christmas vacation. With the weather we are having here now, I doubt that the Christmas will be white in the low areas - that's why I'm off to the mountains today. Cold weather and lots of snow awaits!

God bless you,
Eirik

PS. A colleague of mine said backup is for wimps - until the day that his hard drive crashed.  ;)
I have to agree with Dennis, backup is important.  ;D
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »

Hi Darren!
I can identify with calling the repair guys! I had to completely start over, two years ago. The Dell guy couldn't find out where the virus was! I didn't lose much except some pictures that I hadn't backed up.

About six months ago it happened again, but they found the problem and fixed it. It is interesting talking to those guys in India. We have two desktops and one laptop so the guy told me we need to get an external hardrive to back up the three computers, haven't gotten it yet, but I will. I am smarter now and I do back up stuff on my memory stick and I back up all my pictures on cd.
Have to love computers! :D
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 06:06:57 PM »

Darren,

Having had a computer repair business for the past 25 years, i will echo Dennis, Eirik and Kathy.
Back up daily and weekly; with the price of storage today just get a 1TB external drive, set it to
do automatic backups. Along with that have the best antivirus and spyware programs installed
and updated on your computer.

It will save you a lot of:  >:( :-[ :'( ??? :o :-X :(

george. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 06:49:46 PM »

George,
I have Avast on my laptop, plus SUPERantispyware professional.
On the desktops we have PCcillan and SUPERantispyware, and Spybot Search and Destroy. Does that sound ok? The Dell guy said it doesn't hurt to have more than one antispyware program. Well, ya get a little skiddish after awhile! :P
I think everything is good so far! ???
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »

Hi kathy,

Looks like you are well innoculated at this point, backup, update your
AV regularly set your programs to automatic scans and stay away from
longhorns farm. No telling what he has that may have mutated into a killer
virus :o. OOPs that was a slip animal virus does not affect computers,
well who knows ???.

george. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 02:59:24 AM »

George, I think I have been infected already by longhorn! My computer laughs out loud everytime I read his posts! (oh maybe that's ME laughing out loud!) hee hee! ;D :o
Thanks for the advice! :D
Hugs,
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 04:28:22 AM »

Kathy,

Pour a little turpentine on the keyboard whenever it laughs again, it is messed up already anyway.
make sure you have a new keyboard standing by LOL. :o All because of that darn space chicken. ::)

george. ;D ;D ??? ::) :P :-* :-*

gmik

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 01:54:23 PM »

I am going out on a limb here.....how does one back up stuff??  I guess I haven't done it before.  Now I am afraid all my stuff will get lost.  I didn't have that worry before! Help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 23 queries.