bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5466 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: May 29, 2006, 07:35:26 PM »

Those who believe in tithing to support the ministry refer to I Cor 9. While
Paul supported himself by tentmaking, he appears to be saying that those who preach the gospel should be supportedby those they preach to. I'm not sure I believe in a paid minsitry. Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks
Ruth

Dear Ruth:

I can say this untill I am blue in the face:  "Tithing has absolutely NOTHING to do with money, or paying bills, or supporting a ministry, etc."  Tithing was farmers and herdsmen of  Israel under the OLD covenant giving a tenth of their herds and farm produce to the tribe of Levi only, at the Taberncle/Temple only.  Nothing else is "tithing."  NOTHING ELSE IS TITHING.  Tithing has NOTHING to do with money.  I don't know what else I can say.

If people want to give money to a church, that is their business, but that is NOT TITHING.  Tithing has NOTHING to do with money.  When I pay my utility bill, that is NOT TITHING.  When a church pays its utility bill, THAT IS NOT TITHING. Teaching Christians that there is a LAW requiring them to give ten percent of their salaries to some man or some church is a "damnable heresy" (II Pet. 2:1-2).

God be with you,

Ray
Living from the gospel has nothing to do with tithing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.