bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Christmas" Story  (Read 4297 times)

gmik

The "Christmas" Story
« on: December 25, 2008, 01:54:41 AM »

Can someone direct me to a place (if any) where Ray discusses the events of the birth of Jesus??  You know about the manger, angels singing in the sky, etc...that kind of thing.  Is it pretty straightforward or is there more to it..Thanks in advance if you can find anything.

Jackie Lee

Re: The "Christmas" Story
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 02:04:58 AM »

You know the story Jesus was born on christmas day and Mary rode a donkey to Bethlehem to give birth in a stable or was it a barn?
I think manger was mentioned though, Lol honestly about 99% is made up.
I haven't found Rays teachings on this though. :D

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 03:36:44 AM »

I was just joking.
I hope I wasn't offensive
 I haven't found anything Ray spoke of the birth Of Jesus.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

Hi Gena,

I only found a couple of mentions of this.  Here are the excerpts.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=5312.0 -----------------

Examples of worship:
We know this is an example of worship because it says so.

Mat 2:1  Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men came from the east to Jerusalem,
v. 2  saying, Where is He who is born king of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east and have come to worship Him.

Here’s where the magi are coming to Him and how did they worship Him?  Well they obviously bowed, they got down on their knees, they gave gifts to Him and they acknowledged that this was the promised Messiah and this was worship.  I mean the child was not even old enough to acknowledge what they were doing, he wasn’t a baby in a manger, though he’s only about 2 years old when they came to the house.  We know this because Herod wanted to kill everybody 2 years and under, to make sure he got the right child.  He wanted to make sure he killed this one.  Now a 2 year old does not understand, I mean he’s just an infant.  But it was an example of worship. 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.msg38212.html#msg38212 ----

"Let this mind be in you, which was [is] also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant [slave], and WAS made in the likeness of men"(Phil. 2:5-7).

Now here we learn a little more of what this is about.  When it says “mind” it is the disposition of God Himself.  Where it says “equal with God” it is the same amount or degree and so on. 

“Being in the form of God…”  is being inherently in the form of God.  Inherently, that’s an interesting word, it means possessed at birth or the inborn, right.  I thought now that is interesting, that before He became man, He was by birth - inborn. 

Strong’s uses the word, He existed as a 'innate.'  Existent as an innate birth, a right by birth.  That is what it means, a right by or through birth.  Jesus Christ was BORN.  To which of the angels did He ever say, you are My son I have begotten you... as a little boy in a manger?  He was His Son, from the beginning.  The whole idea of Jesus Christ, was to be a Son, ‘from the beginning.’
-----------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few different versions of the angels announcing to the shepherds the birth of Jesus Christ.  I thought this was interesting.

Luke 2:8-14
(NKJV)
Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night.  And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.  Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.  For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"

Luke 2:8-14
(CLV)
And shepherds were in the same district in the field fold, and maintaining watches at night over their flock."
And lo! a messenger of the Lord stood by them, and the glory of God shines about them, and they were afraid with a great fear."
And the messenger said to them, "Fear not, for lo! I am bringing you an evangel of great joy which will be for the entire people, for today was brought forth to you a Saviour, Who is Christ, the Lord, in the city of David. And this is the sign to you: you will be finding a Babe, swaddled and lying in a manger."
And suddenly with the messenger there came to be a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying, Glory to God among the Highest! And on earth peace, Among men, delight!"

(Rotherham)
And there were, shepherds, in the same country, dwelling in the fields, and keeping the watches of the night over their flock.
And, a messenger of the Lord, stood over them, and, a glory of the Lord, shone round about them; and they feared, a great fear.
And the messenger said unto them—Be not afraid! For lo! I bring you good tidings of a great joy, the which shall be for all the people: That there hath been born unto you, this day, a saviour,—Who is Christ the Lord—in the city of David!
And, this, to you is, a sign: Ye shall find a babe, wrapped in swaddling clothes, and lying in a manger.
And, suddenly, there came to be, with the messenger, the throng of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying— Glory, in the highest, unto God! And, on earth, peace, among men of goodwill.

(YLT)
And there were shepherds in the same region, lodging in the field, and keeping the night-watches over their flock,
And lo, a messenger of the Lord stood over them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they feared a great fear.
And the messenger said to them, `Fear not, for lo, I bring you good news of great joy, that shall be to all the people--because there was born to you to-day a Saviour--who is Christ the Lord--in the city of David, and this is to you the sign: Ye shall find a babe wrapped up, lying in the manger.'
And suddenly there came with the messenger a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, `Glory in the highest to God, and upon earth peace, among men--good will.'

(RSV)
And in that region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear.
And the angel said to them, "Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all the people; for to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
And this will be a sign for you: you will find a babe wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger."
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom he is pleased!"

(CEV)
That night in the fields near Bethlehem some shepherds were guarding their sheep.
All at once an angel came down to them from the Lord, and the brightness of the Lord's glory flashed around them. The shepherds were frightened.
But the angel said, "Don't be afraid! I have good news for you, which will make everyone happy.
This very day in King David's hometown a Savior was born for you. He is Christ the Lord.
You will know who he is, because you will find him dressed in baby clothes and lying on a bed of hay."
Suddenly many other angels came down from heaven and joined in praising God. They said:  "Praise God in heaven! Peace on earth to everyone who pleases God."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 10:38:19 PM »

Thanks Kat for checking it out for me.

Dear Jackie, please don't worry!  You said nothing that was offensive to me!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.