bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church today...  (Read 25333 times)

aqrinc

Re: Church today...
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

Amen, Phil3:10,

It Is (He Jesus Christ) in Us Doing The Works (Spiritual Conversion); not us doing works (physical things)
in order to please Him.

Rotherham: Romans 8:28:

We know, further, that, unto them who love God, God causeth all things to work together
for good,—unto them who, according to purpose, are such as he hath called;

george. :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

PRAISE be to GOD ALMIGHTY!!! i have become completely sated sitting here dining at this awesome table of scrumptious Spiritual food which is laid out in these posts. my spirit sings as i read His Truths sounding out like a bell ringing for all who He has given ears to hear and eyes to see.

thanks be to God. for He gives the increase.

claudia

judith collier

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »

CJWood, you said something that helped me more than the others. It is like dining here, we are partaking of the life and death of Christ or one could say the body and blood. I do hate to get that mind set though that so very much suffering is NECCESSARY. Didn't Jesus say "what you believe in your heart, then so it will be" I do not want to attract more suffering than is predestined for me because I think I have to suffer to gain Christ.

mharrell08

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »

CJWood, you said something that helped me more than the others. It is like dining here, we are partaking of the life and death of Christ or one could say the body and blood. I do hate to get that mind set though that so very much suffering is NECCESSARY. Didn't Jesus say "what you believe in your heart, then so it will be" I do not want to attract more suffering than is predestined for me because I think I have to suffer to gain Christ.

Hello Judith,

No need to worry about that last point for no one can attract more or less that what they are predestined to receive.

Acts 9:15-16  But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

1 Tim 1:15-16  This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Acts 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Rom 8:28-30  Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose  that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also

Gal 6:5  For every man shall bear his own burden.

James 1:2-4  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

As Paul suffered many for Christ's sake and was for a pattern to all who are called and chosen, we too must suffer much for His name's sake. But these trials and tribulations cannot compare to the wonderful rewards and spiritual gifts in store for us all.

Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Marques

Linny

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »

Yes Judith,
As Marques posted, Heb 12:11  "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."

I have to say that we have been through the most horrific trials this year and I count them all a blessing. They weren't enjoyable at the time but to come out victoriously in Christ and with greater faith and courage and patience, all I can say is, "Aaaahhhhhh."

I wouldn't change a thing! I wouldn't take away a second of my tribulation. I wouldn't trade anything for the knowledge and truth and faith that I have been blessed with through it.

I count it a blessing !

Blessings, Lin

judith collier

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 01:15:33 AM »

Thanks guys, it's just been several days with a lot of pain and feel like I can't take anymore. Nothing deathly serious just such difficulty walking and doing the things I have to do. Once in a great while inflammation flares up and so I guess it is time for prednisone which I hate to take, trying to weather it out. All will be o.k. eventually here. Thanks

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »

Dear Friend Judith,

I can relate to your gnawing pain.

I am scheduled for knee replacement surgery next Friday, not looking forward to it.
However, the surgeon says stop all arthritis medication a week before surgery except for what I have given you for pain.  (it's tylenol with a little codeine)  So, I had to stop Prednisone which has worked pretty well.

Now my knee is swollen every day can't walk on it and I can't sleep more than a couple of hours.

So, I guess the fear of surgery is less than the desire to have it over with a.s.a.p.     >:(

However, Jesus and many others to a lesser degree suffered for much longer and not for their faith but just because of circumstances.  Jesus knew why he suffered, it was for us.  Now we are learning to suffer for someone else too.

I know that your personal circumstances lead to suffering for someone else close to you and so I think that I can understand just a little of what you are going through. 

It isnt' easy and it won't get any better most of the time, but if it has purpose then maybe it is like carrying a baby to full term and then having a long term delivery.  Once the baby is here, only the joy of a new life remains in our minds in most cases.  We are similar in that we will be the NEW LIFE and will never again have to suffer physically in the same sense that we do in this life.  I think it is a worthwhile goal and I tell myself that it is good because it gives me a better, more realistic understanding of what others have suffered.
How could I understand otherwise?

Love and a big hug for you and yours.
Indiana Bob

judith collier

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »

Marques. Linny, Bob, you guys got this suffering thing down really good. I have always practiced living in the present, I guess it's time to think more of eternity and this life does go by fast. I think I focus on the problems more than I do on God and this is my own doing. I have my mental priorities wrong. Will remember everything you said. I did notice last night after spending many hours here and reading that really confusing Revelations that I feel somewhat better today, my focus was on God not me, it must have helped. Prayers are with you Bob for your knees surgery, so when I am in pain I will pray and remember you too. Thanks to all for bearing with me and your patience, (such a sign of God's love)

Marlene

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »

Hello, I would like to add a thought. I suffer some days lightly and some imensley. But, over a time of years of this almost daily, I find that it is what keeps me so close to God. My staying close to God and dependent on him. This gives him all the glory. I cannot glory in myself. I never thought I would ever get to that point. But, now I thank him for all things. I even thank him when I fall. I believe, also that this builds up our trust in him.  Not every one suffers physcial pain, there are many ways of suffering. He knows what to use to keep us where he wants us.

I wish you well Bob on your knees surgery and will keep you in my prayers. I also, will keep you in my prayers Judith.

In His Love,
Marlene

Phil3:10

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »

Judith Collier and Indiana Bob,
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. No suffering is fun but most of us are blessed beyond belief. All we need do is just look around and see the sufferings of so many others.  I am coming off shoulder surgery and it was not so bad. However, the rehab is a real pain and is going to last for awhile.
CHRIST did ask us to share in the fellowship of HIS suffering and HIS suffering should make each of us feel blessed beyond belief. My constant  prayer is that HE will not bring more suffering but as I continue to age I am afraid more suffering is ahead. I have not yet learned how to rejoice in suffering but pray that our LORD will prepare me for same.
I do pray that I might have the pleasure of suffering for HIS names sake. Of course, my fleshly side prays that it is not to painful. We all live in the present when we should all look to the future and the relief from all suffering.
In HIM,
Phil3:10
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.