bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 4559 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Thank You
« on: May 29, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »

Thank you for writing that -- it had particular meaning to me today.

I have known most of what you discuss in the article for some time, as it is clear in the Scripture, and plain to those who love the Lord and seek diligently.  But I never connected the Scriptural concept and instruction which you compile and arrange so well with the "perfect peace which passeth all understanding".  This peace has often eluded me, as many, and the fact that it did disturbed me for many reasons.  Through your site and others -- by the Spirit -- I now comprehend the salvation of all mankind, rejecting the antichrist brainwashing/false doctrine I thought was true since I was a child.  THIS understanding of total salvation has given me this "perfect peace which passeth all understanding", as I think on it, and on the final, permanent state of all men and God when daily events seem bad in one way or another.

However, I started a new job this week -- very stressful -- and was VERY stricken by anxiety, which almost paralyzed me on several occasions.  I prayed, thanking Jesus for the job, and the stress, and the ability just to stand, the strength to endure and do well.  This He provided, in many ways, changing the entire situation from one of panic to one of joy.

When I read your article this morning, I looked up the quote, and saw in my Bible where I had already highlighted these verses -- Phil 4:4-9.  I saw the purpose behind my anxiety -- to lead me to happiness, as a child of the Father, through reliance on Scriptural prayer.  I feel like my many-months old prayer to understand the "perfect peace which passeth all understanding" was truly answered for me this morning, in the context of my life at work this week and your article about Scriptural prayer.

Thanks Again!
    Shawn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.