bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leviathan and Behemoth  (Read 15369 times)

Falconn003

Re: Leviathan and Behemoth
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »

well if George's post does not hit pay dirt with some readers we can always discuss the SIGNIFICANCE of dinosuars in Scriptures for Our Spiritual GROWTH........

would dinosuars be a better topic to dwell upon our Spirits.

What good comes from knowing a big terrible lizard existed 10000000000 yrs ago have to do with the Trurh of the Word of God of our Salvation.   

What significant role do dinsuars play in the Lake of Fire.... remembering ALL is ONE.

How are the dinosaurs crucial to Our Spiritual Knowledge ??

Are these legitimate questions off of Ray's study ??

We must wait til Ray writes another article explaining such.  and thus i wait.

on the other hand should Leviathan and Behemoth be attributes of something God is conveying to our Spirits, one can go one and do a self study with the Holy Spirit and keep it to themselves or at least til you open your own Forum and website.

Ninny

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 06:28:34 PM »

George, I was on my way to the grocery store just now and thinking about this topic and another topic at the same time when it came to me that knowing you from what I read from you, that I should reconsider your topic as it is not your character to take things lightly or just in passing.
 Just because one is not interested in another mans interest, doesn't mean its not important.
 I get home from the store and see your recent reply. Thanks for the reminder George.

Roy

Roy, you are right about George! He can be as lighthearted as the next guy but he takes scripture SERIOUSLY! I'm beginning to wonder about this Behemoth/ leviathan thing and hmmm, maybe we should think about it a little more. and IF we should find something or realize something we will see what God directs for it to do!

Rodger, do you think George is trying to "teach" here or what were you referring to in your post?
on the other hand should Leviathan and Behemoth be attributes of something God is conveying to our Spirits, one can go one and do a self study with the Holy Spirit and keep it to themselves or at least til you open your own Forum and website.

Just wondering...
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »

Roy, Rodger Mark, Kathy,

Roy: You are seeing beyond the obvious now. That is so true and i find it out over and over on this BT forum daily. Sometimes for days i ignore a post, thinking it is of no interest to me, then for some reason i click on it and Bam, there is something i have been searching for since first ignoring the post. What can i say to that but, it does not have to interest me for GOD To Use it to Teach me something.

1Co 2: 10-13 (Weymouth NT)
10  For us, however, God has drawn aside the veil through the teaching of the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, including the depths of the divine nature.
11  For, among human beings, who knows a man's inner thoughts except the man's own spirit within him? In the same way, also, only God's Spirit is acquainted with God's inner thoughts.
12  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which comes forth from God, that we may know the blessings that have been so freely given to us by God.
13  Of these we speak--not in language which man's wisdom teaches us, but in that which the Spirit teaches--adapting, as we do, spiritual words to spiritual truths.

Rodger: I appreciate your help in many things where i was only seeing a part of The Scriptures (the obvious). Let me reiterate, if this was just to push a subject forward, my Witness Is GOD and He Will Make me answer (like Job) that is a fearful thing if i am lying. Please know that:

Heb 10: 31-37 (KJV)
31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
32  But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
33  Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.
34  For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
35  Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37  For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

Mark: You are right, if it comes from mainstream Religion it is mostly wrong; but to be plausible there also must be some truth mixed in. (a little leaven, leavens the whole lump). Remember The Scriptures are there for us to pick and choose what we like? NO, GOD Forbid it.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (KJV)
16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Kathy: There was a time i could not be caught dead, talking about GOD, Love, Spiritual Things or spend all my waking hours thinking and yearning for the things of GOD. Funny thing is it feels weird when i realize that for many days the carnal things that were so important are just useless and a total waste of precious Scripture Time.

Mat 6: 27-34 (Weymouth NT)
27  Which of you by being over-anxious can add a single foot to his height?
28  And why be anxious about clothing? Learn a lesson from the wild lilies. Watch their growth. They neither toil nor spin,
29  and yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his magnificence could array himself like one of these.

30  And if God so clothes the wild herbage which to-day flourishes and to-morrow is thrown into the oven, is it not much more certain that He will clothe you, you men of little faith?
31  Do not be over-anxious, therefore, asking 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32  For all these are questions that Gentiles are always asking; but your Heavenly Father knows that you need these things--all of them.

33  But make His Kingdom and righteousness your chief aim, and then these things shall all be given you in addition.
34  Do not be over-anxious, therefore, about to-morrow, for to-morrow will bring its own cares. Enough for each day are its own troubles.

george ;D.

Falconn003

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 10:42:39 PM »

George, I was on my way to the grocery store just now and thinking about this topic and another topic at the same time when it came to me that knowing you from what I read from you, that I should reconsider your topic as it is not your character to take things lightly or just in passing.
 Just because one is not interested in another mans interest, doesn't mean its not important.
 I get home from the store and see your recent reply. Thanks for the reminder George.

Roy

Roy, you are right about George! He can be as lighthearted as the next guy but he takes scripture SERIOUSLY! I'm beginning to wonder about this Behemoth/ leviathan thing and hmmm, maybe we should think about it a little more. and IF we should find something or realize something we will see what God directs for it to do!

Rodger, do you think George is trying to "teach" here or what were you referring to in your post?

Just wondering...
Kathy :)

Funny .... the word teach was not even mentioned in my post, but since you brought it up.  ;)

My post is a reflection to everything in general, all is ONE. And not towards just George persay, I am sure George knows me very well i would not stoop so low.  ;D

If there is any sort of teaching going on, it would be the HOLY SPIRIT doing the teaching, all is ONE.

It is always the Holy Spirit doing the teaching and none else. All is ONE SPIRIT.

I can not explain that any more specificaly, as it would then be i the one in the shadow of teaching that upsets many a member here. so i say no more.  ;)

Falconn003

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 10:44:36 PM »

Roy, Rodger Mark, Kathy,

Roy: You are seeing beyond the obvious now. That is so true and i find it out over and over on this BT forum daily. Sometimes for days i ignore a post, thinking it is of no interest to me, then for some reason i click on it and Bam, there is something i have been searching for since first ignoring the post. What can i say to that but, it does not have to interest me for GOD To Use it to Teach me something.

1Co 2: 10-13 (Weymouth NT)
10  For us, however, God has drawn aside the veil through the teaching of the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, including the depths of the divine nature.
11  For, among human beings, who knows a man's inner thoughts except the man's own spirit within him? In the same way, also, only God's Spirit is acquainted with God's inner thoughts.
12  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which comes forth from God, that we may know the blessings that have been so freely given to us by God.
13  Of these we speak--not in language which man's wisdom teaches us, but in that which the Spirit teaches--adapting, as we do, spiritual words to spiritual truths.

Rodger: I appreciate your help in many things where i was only seeing a part of The Scriptures (the obvious). Let me reiterate, if this was just to push a subject forward, my Witness Is GOD and He Will Make me answer (like Job) that is a fearful thing if i am lying. Please know that:

Heb 10: 31-37 (KJV)
31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
32  But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
33  Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.
34  For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
35  Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37  For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

Mark: You are right, if it comes from mainstream Religion it is mostly wrong; but to be plausible there also must be some truth mixed in. (a little leaven, leavens the whole lump). Remember The Scriptures are there for us to pick and choose what we like? NO, GOD Forbid it.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (KJV)
16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Kathy: There was a time i could not be caught dead, talking about GOD, Love, Spiritual Things or spend all my waking hours thinking and yearning for the things of GOD. Funny thing is it feels weird when i realize that for many days the carnal things that were so important are just useless and a total waste of precious Scripture Time.

Mat 6: 27-34 (Weymouth NT)
27  Which of you by being over-anxious can add a single foot to his height?
28  And why be anxious about clothing? Learn a lesson from the wild lilies. Watch their growth. They neither toil nor spin,
29  and yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his magnificence could array himself like one of these.

30  And if God so clothes the wild herbage which to-day flourishes and to-morrow is thrown into the oven, is it not much more certain that He will clothe you, you men of little faith?
31  Do not be over-anxious, therefore, asking 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32  For all these are questions that Gentiles are always asking; but your Heavenly Father knows that you need these things--all of them.

33  But make His Kingdom and righteousness your chief aim, and then these things shall all be given you in addition.
34  Do not be over-anxious, therefore, about to-morrow, for to-morrow will bring its own cares. Enough for each day are its own troubles.

george ;D.

AMEN to that bro....

And to think we once were at odds with one another, how wonderful the Spirit of Fellowship can become if it is let grown.  ;)

unfortunately we can only bless one another here, of  our own endeavors/persuits in Spiritual Growth. Amen
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:47:19 PM by Drakkar »

mharrell08

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 10:09:16 AM »

OK, now someone reveil what these two things represent.  I'm waiting. 

So again what is the point of this thread??
Where is it going?
Are you leaving others to make assumptions on the usefulness of this knowledge?

Antaiwan

I don't think these 2 men's questions are implying that this subject is unimportant to them...if it was, I don't think they would have taken the time to ask. But what good is a discussion if questions are not answered or at least attempted to be answered?

From what I've seen implied by some members from these 2 recent threads on 'Leviathan' is that this symbol is to be Satan...but some members have implied (and outright said) that 'behemoth' is also a symbol of Satan.

Is it either or? Both? Neither?

Is this different than what the scriptures have taught us about Satan [that Satan is a serpent/snake/dragon...Rev 12, Rev 20, 2 Cor 11:3, Job 26:13, Isa 27:1, etc]? (Can all be read starting here: http://bible-truths.com/ [LOF #2, 9, & 10 specifically)

Does it explain more? How so?

These questions are not to belittle this subject, but to try to get a discussion to expand upon them. There doesn't seem to be any direction and God is not the author of confusion, so I would like to know where this is going as well. This is not meant to offend anyone but to establish some sort of direction and not rampant speculation...because previous discussion on this subject have gone that path.

Thanks,

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 05:15:12 PM »

Sorry Rodger, I wasn't trying to upset you and I know you didn't use the word "teach" I was just wondering if you were implying that. I guess I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Didn't mean to sound ugly.
Kathy :D :-[

odinpop

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 07:38:15 PM »

Could the Behemoth signifiy Babylon or the worlds spiritual leaders? Here is why I ask. If you replace some of the words in Job 40:15 with common excepted spiritual equivelants It kind of sheds some new light.

I have attempted to do that below maybe some of the more spiritually mature can correct and add to what I started.

Job 40:15  Behold now behemoth (Large beast or large mass of man), which I made with thee; he eateth grass (Consumes those of little strength; those to whom God's doctrine and speech come.) as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail (tail is false prophets and doctrines). like a cedar (Cedar-Men that are elevated, either by their own imaginations or by God).: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. (Brass and iron - Twin metals of revolution against God, and those who corrupt God's word) He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword (word) to approach unto him. Surely the mountains (Kingdoms) bring him forth food( tithes and offering), where all the beasts of the field (Men of the world) play. He lieth under the shady trees (tree’s signify man’s life… shade is the lack of light/partial darkenss.), in the covert of the reed, and fens. The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Behold, he drinketh up a river (Masses of people), and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.He taketh it with his eyes(spiritual understanding and knowledge,): his nose pierceth through snares.

I am not great with this stuff but maybe others can build of of it.

Brad
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.