bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: im VERY new to this...  (Read 6604 times)

lovepeace

im VERY new to this...
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:19:46 AM »

hey everyone, my name is Chanelle.
I signed up to bibletruths awhile ago, but never posted anything because i was not to sure what to post.

when i was younger i used to be very close to God. i was an altar server at church as well. i use to pray all the time, especially before i went to bed, but now i am very far away from him. i wish i was not. i wish i knew a way to become closer to him. a way that could help me get back into His life.

i was wondering...if anybody had an answer for me.

i know i am new to this, but recently i feel TOO far away from Him, and i do not feel comfortable or even happy some times.  :(

thanks for taking the time to read this...

-Chanelle

Stevernator

Re: im VERY new to this...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:14:36 AM »

Hey Chanelle,
Welcome to the forum.
I feel like that too sometimes. Have you read Ray's paper on repentance. In it he says that we should never stop repenting and asking to be delivered from sin.

Lamentations 3:40
Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD

Hosea 14:2
Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.

James 1
5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Zechariah 1:3
Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.

Steve

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:31:07 AM »

hey everyone, my name is Chanelle.
I signed up to bibletruths awhile ago, but never posted anything because i was not to sure what to post.

when i was younger i used to be very close to God. i was an altar server at church as well. i use to pray all the time, especially before i went to bed, but now i am very far away from him. i wish i was not. i wish i knew a way to become closer to him. a way that could help me get back into His life.

i was wondering...if anybody had an answer for me.

i know i am new to this, but recently i feel TOO far away from Him, and i do not feel comfortable or even happy some times.  :(

thanks for taking the time to read this...

-Chanelle

Hello Chanelle,

Perhaps these words can be of comfort to you:

Matt 23:12  And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it [hope].

Gal 5:5  For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him [Christ], which is the head of all principality and power

Hope this helps,

Marques

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:24:13 AM »

......but now i am very far away from him. i wish i was not. i wish i knew a way to become closer to him. a way that could help me get back into His life.

Hi Chanelle,

You know just by your desire to draw closer to God speaks that He is calling you to Him, if you were oblivious to this need to know, trust and obey Him then you would not be feeling as you are.

Many of the OT Prophets, men of great faith have also been in the place you presently are in even after God did great things through them previously, this is something the Lord has deemed necessary for our spiritual growth.

Here are but a few examples;

Psa 22:19  But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help
me.

Psa 35:22  This thou hast seen, O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me.

Psa 38:21  Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.

Lam 3:25  The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Peace,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »

Hi Channelle,

James 4:8  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Of course we do not choose to draw near to God, but He will move us to do so when He determines.  So as Joe was saying your desire to draw closer is His will and He is putting that desire in you to seek Him at this time.

I have found that since I have come to BT and had my eyes opened that now by reading Scripture, studying what Ray has prepared, prayer and meditation all these things draw me closer to God.  To me staying in His Word is paramount to remaining close to Him.  If a single day goes back that I do not have a chance to read the Scriptures, I really can feel that I am not quite as close to God.  So for me getting closer to God is determined by how much I put into focusing on Him in one way or another.  But as I said this desire comes from Him so I can take no credit for how much time I spend seeking Him  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 04:14:08 PM »

Hi Chanelle,

You are here because God Has Called you. Keep reading and asking God for guidance in His Word.
Whom God Call's He enables, so take heart and have patience; this is a bumpy ride sometimes.

II Corinthians 4:18:
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the
things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

george. :)

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »

Hi Chanelle,

Welcome....sounds like you're in the right place!

;D
Brenda

lovepeace

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49:51 PM »

thank u all so much for your words of wisdom...they really helped and me feel more secure in my reaching out for God.

i did not see that me just coming to this website is already God letting my know He is calling me. thank you for reminding me of that. that was the best advice i have heard in a long time.

i was grown up in a catholic church and was taught SO many different things. i read many different passages and readings people put on this website, and none of them are related or even close to what i was taught in church.

for example i was taught abortion is a sin and you will burn in hell if you receive on. another one is having sex before marriage is a sin and that you will burn in hell if you do. if you do not go to church every Sunday, then God will not love you as much as He does those who do. there are so many more i could tell you about, but it just makes me so upset and also confused. in a way, i feel like if i stop believing in these ideas i am getting farther away from God, but at the same time, the things the church teaches are just do not seem like things God would punish a person for.

Someone told me that God does not punish people. He loves everyone equally. it is very hard for me to believe with the way i was brought up. i do not want to think that i will burn in hell because i do not go to church etc. in a way, i do not believe in hell because i do not think God would want anybody to suffer in such a way, no matter what they have in life.

i enjoyed the quotes you all showed to me and they truly helped me. i just wish in a way it was easier to not think some of the things i believe are true.

thanks again and God bless,
Chanelle

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 01:51:48 PM »

Chanelle,

What set me free reading Ray's teachings on scripture is that,
Yes God Loves Eveyone.....and there is certainly Chastisement/Punishment/Consequences for Sin...
But the Sins don't send us to Hell.  Yahooo.....There is no Hell!

Thank You Ray!
Brenda

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 03:25:47 PM »

Hi Chanelle,

Let me share with you some of my favorite quotes.

"Never will i leave you; never will i forsake you." --Heb 13:5

Perhaps one of the most beautiful thoughts to ever come from God straight to us. This is by far one of the greatest verses imo.

"Come to me, all you who are weary, and burdened, and i will give you rest." -- Mt. 11:28

Nothing can seperate you from my love, Death Can't and life can't. The angels can't and the demons can't. Your fears for today, your worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep my love away. -- Personal Paraphrase of Ro. 8:38-39

There for thus says the Lord "If you return, then i will restore you-- Before me you will stand....For I am with you to save you and deliver you." --Jer. 15:19-20

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear -- Isiah verse 22

All the ends of the earth, that includes you chanelle and even your worste enemy. Thats the beauty of God, he is not bound by prejiduce or hate, racism or indifference. He is God and all loving, all powerful and capable of bringing every person, even the worste of all, to Him and not just that but having these people Want to know Him. That is our God. Amazing.

Prov. 24:16 A just man falls seven times, and rises up again

This verse on the surface may not seem like anything great. But indeed it is a most amazing thing! What it shows us is that even a Just man, someone who is right and good [because of God offcourse] will fall! Means to be insared, to collapse, to become low, etc.. They will fall chanelle! Doesn't that sound like all of us?  Don't we all fall? Yes we do! What is even more amazing about this verse is that this man [or women] falls SEVEN TIMES! WOW! That sounds like ALOT. Don't we fall ALOT? Well here is the wonderful end to this sad tale, the MAN RISES AGAIN! OMG! How amazing is that? I know i can see myself in this verse and only pray to God that i may rise again from this mess that i have fallen into!

Zec 3:3  Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Zec 3:4  And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

What is so amazzing above the above verse, is that Joshua, is clothed in FILTHY garments. Meaning he is DIRTY. Guess what though? God comes along and CHANGES HIM, not only that it is God who clothes him! This verse is amazing because it shows us that God is the one who changes us, not ourselves, not our free will, and not only that but that He will change us no matter how dirty [on the inside] we may be!! Amazing! Their is ALWAYS hope with God. ALWAYS!

I want to close with another one of my favorite passages, in this case.

Eze 21:4  Because I will cut off both righteous and wicked from you, therefore My sword shall go out of its sheath against all flesh from south to north,
Eze 21:5 that all flesh may know that I, the LORD, have drawn My sword out of its sheath; it shall not return anymore.
Eze 21:6 Sigh therefore, son of man, with a breaking heart, and sigh with bitterness before their eyes.
Eze 21:7 And it shall be when they say to you, "Why are you sighing?' that you shall answer, "Because of the news; when it comes, every heart will melt, all hands will be feeble, every spirit will faint, and all knees will be weak as water. Behold, it is coming and shall be brought to pass,' says the Lord GOD."

That infact SHALL at the end by God is a promise chanelle! God is promising us something. What is it? "every heart will melt, all hands will be feeble, every spirit will faint, and all knees will be weak as water" Why? "Because of the news; when it comes" The Good news is Jesus! The good news is that Jesus will save everyone one day! That includes you and me, no matter how bad and dirty we get, we are never to gone for God. Read what i posted above if you doubt this. We are never forsaken, never alone! We can't possibly EARN God's favor, or EARN SALVATION. It is GOD who brings us to Him, it is GOD who clothes us with new garments, it is GOD who lifts us up. It's all God! We are His creation, and He absolutely loves us, even right down to the dirty ones! Get that idea of an angry vengeful upset God who is loosing controle of His creation out of your head. THis is NOT God, this is NOT Jesus. I Promise you this. God is far greater than any of us could have ever imagined. One day, everyone will see this. And THIS chanelle, is why they will weep, this is why their hearts will melt. They will melt from God's undying love for us. This is why all knees will be weak!

Numbers 23:19 "God is NOT a man, that He should LIE [do we think God LIES when He says that He WILL save all mankind in I Tim. 2:4?];neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not DO IT? Or has He spoken [as in I Tim. 2:4 and many other places],and shall He not MAKE IT GOOD?"

1 Timothy 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth

No one, is going to hell :)

And if you feel like Micah, here's what we are told.

Mic 7:9  I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

Remember always chanelle, that when God says He will or He shall, He means it. It's a promise, and that you can take to the bank!

God bless,

Alex

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »

Alex,

Amen to All That.

george. ;D

lovepeace

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 07:21:12 PM »

Chanelle,

What set me free reading Ray's teachings on scripture is that,
Yes God Loves Eveyone.....and there is certainly Chastisement/Punishment/Consequences for Sin...
But the Sins don't send us to Hell.  Yahooo.....There is no Hell!

Thank You Ray!
Brenda

thank you so much!!!! you saying this made me feel so much better! im glad to know there is no hell!!! makes me feel better about my changing mind.

-chanelle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.