bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hubble Space Telescope Photos  (Read 4894 times)

Amrhrasach

Hubble Space Telescope Photos
« on: December 30, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »

I hesitate(d) to post this as it may not be as inspiring to some as it was me.

Listening to the 2nd audio of the 2008 conference spurred me to go over to the Hubble site for some deep space images.

Looking (actually staring) at each photo and drinking in the majesty of each made me feel small and frail.  They reminded me that life is such a nano-moment in time. 

Just by these few photo’s I was overwhelmed at the magnitude, wisdom and thoroughness of God.  By this display of wonder and beauty we are shown his intensity.

And we COMPARE to this display of magnificence?

The real beauty is to know that God will grow his family.   There are people that we love.  Isn't it great that none will be lost?  God is love.

*v*v*v

Job 35:5  Observe the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds, they are higher than
you.

Job 11:7  Can you find out God by searching? Or can you find out the end of the
Almighty?

Psa 139:6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is set on high; I am not able to
reach it.  Psa 139:7  Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your
face?  Psa 139:8  If I go up to Heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold,
You are there!

Pro 30:4  Who has gone up to Heaven, and come down? Who has gathered the wind in
His fists? Who has bound the waters in His garments? Who has made all the ends of the
earth to rise? What is His name, and what is His Son's name? Surely you know.

1Co 3:16  Do you not know that you are a sanctuary of God, and the Spirit of God dwells
in you?

Luk 12:6  Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten
before God?  Luk 12:7  But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not
therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Co 3:18  Let no one deceive himself. If anyone thinks to be wise among you in this age,
let him become foolish, that he may become wise.

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen.
Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2004/07/

Gary

mharrell08

Re: Hubble Space Telescope Photos
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »

Amen Gary and thanks for this post.  :)

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »

Gary,

Such a great post, i have a few Scriptures that really ties right in with them. God Is really doing
this and much more for us, at least that is my understanding; that is why this question comes up.

Job 7:17:
What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?

Psalms 8:4:
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Psalms 144:3:
LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!

Hebrews 2:6:
But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

george. ;D :o ;D

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:07:48 AM »

Gary  this makes me think  that the God who made all of this came and die for me that i might know Him and the power of His resurrection. His love is truly great.  peggy

Amrhrasach

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 11:33:11 AM »

Thank you Marques, George and Peggy for your comments.

I’m glad someone other than me found the photo’s as awe-inspiring as I.    Those photo’s, along with scripture and Ray’s teachings really do help ground us in truth of who God really is.  And if you’re anything like me when trying to wrap your mind around the sheer magnitude of God, the mind can’t comprehend or concentrate on the matter but for a few seconds.   It’s just too much.   We know oh so little.  But not for always………

Hence: Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Gary

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 11:55:35 AM »

WOW.....WOW.......WOW......... :o   ;D

Longhorn

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 07:37:54 PM »

Be very careful with all this space stuff, it can give your'e butt a headache....... trust me.

Longhorn

David

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 03:55:31 PM »

There's a lengthly documentry about the hubble space telescope and the data recieved from it on video google. Viewing the wonders of Gods universe from this tiny planet hits home what an unfathomable, unsearchable, awe inspiring God we serve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.