bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epitome of despising the word of God  (Read 5807 times)

EKnight

Epitome of despising the word of God
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »

I was thinking about something that happened a few years ago.  I work/worked at bank and at the time I was opening accounts etc.  I had a customer who opened up a checking account and wanted to order new checks. I gave her the book of checks from which to choose a design.  She chose checks with "inspirational sayings". 

When she received the checks she came back to me and told me that these were not the checks she ordered.  These checks had scripture quotes and that is not what she wanted. I showed her that those were the checks that she ordered and she said "there is no way I can keep these checks,  I could NEVER send checks like this to people I know."  She was truly appalled at the thought of using checks that had scripture written on them.  So appalled, that she told me to shred them and she ordered new ones.  I did not reimburse her the cost of the first set.  Can you imagine throwing away $25.00 because you couldn't bring yourself to pass along the word of God?  Now that's truly despising the word of God.

I was unnerved by this event then but it is much more disconcerting today.  ???

Eileen

musicman

Re: Epitome of despising the word of God
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 11:21:08 PM »

I would have told her to shred them if she felt like it.  I definitely wouldn't have done it my self.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:41:43 PM »

I would love to have scriptures on my checks.
That would be a neat way to encourage reading scriptures, Kinda like potato chips can't stop at one.

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 12:24:21 AM »

Well Musicman, as the "banker" I was obligated to shred them for the security of the customer.  And unfortunately if I want to keep my job, the customer is always right.  Which is BS but I gotta go with the flow.  I did try to convince her to keep them but believe me, she wanted no part of it.  I was truly shocked.  I had never before encountered anyone so opposed to the word of God. 

People like her make me so grateful to know the truth.  So I guess she was a blessing or at least a cause for humbling.

Eileen

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 12:30:41 AM »

Eileen,

Which is why this Scripture is so important for humanity:

Isaiah 26:9:
My soul longeth for thee in the night, And my spirit within me seeketh thee in the morning;
For when thy judgments are in the earth, The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

george. ;D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 01:26:35 AM »

i find it ironic how your customer wanted checks with "inspirational sayings" on them, but, NOT scripture quotes. i would have been curious, just for the heck of it, to find out what she would have described as "inspirational sayings". seems just another example of how most of humankind loves wordly wisdom (and its' inspirational sayings) as opposed to the wisdom of God. oh well, one day all will know the wisdom of God.

claudia

WhoAmI

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 03:09:18 AM »

I remember when I was a kid thinking if the house got on fire I would do everything in my power to rescue my Bible. Now? I know it's paper and ink and there is no need to do such a thing. The Word of God is not paper and ink. The scriptures are not magic words or sacred superstitious quotes. If I burn all my Bibles up, the Word can still be obtained. The Word is not a quoted chapter and verse of ancient times. The Word is alive.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 03:34:26 AM »

To keep perspective, at the time Jesus Christ said these words; there was no New Testament Writings.
Almost 2000 years ago and Just as Alive Now as Then.

Emphatic Diaglott

John 5:39:
You search the writings, because you think in them life age-lasting to have; and they are those testifying concerning me;

John 6:63:
It is the Spirit that gives life. The flesh does not profit, nothing! The words which I speak to you are spirit and are life.

Emphasized Bible by Rotherham

John 5:39:
Ye search the Scriptures, because, ye, think, by them, to have, life age-abiding; and, those Scriptures , are they which bear witness concerning me:

John 6:63:
The spirit, it is, that giveth life,—the flesh, profiteth, nothing: The declarations which, I, have spoken unto you, are, spirit, and, are, life.

george. :)

WhoAmI

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »

^roger that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.