bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent Prayer Needed  (Read 3766 times)

FudgeNut

Urgent Prayer Needed
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:24:46 PM »

Hi I am new to this also new to the Site.  My head is throbbing from all the Truth.  I guess what we really need is prayer.  My wife died 5 years ago May 31st and left me raising our two boys 16 & 11. I had a business that we had to close last month because we are wiped out finances now being sued by many.  All I wanted to do was provide for my boys.  We are surrounded by the evil world(drugs booze and adult entertainment)
and the christiandom world not many that show the love of Christ.  I think if I look close enough I can even see claw marks of satan.  I was encouraged by GOD is in control of everything, but it would help to know what he wants me to do next, Thats where Prayer comes in I need to know what he wants me to do to fulfill his will in our lives.  Thank You for being here.

shibboleth

Urgent Prayer Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:44 PM »

I can see you have been through much fire in the past 5 years. Raising children is never easy and without a spouse can seem even harder. I will pray god gives you His presence and peace while you go through these hard times.

Let us know how things turn out. People on this forum are a caring bunch. We all have been through hard times and can relate to difficult life experiences.

May god give you his peace which passes all understanding. May you faith be strenghtened in your trials and tribulations.

Debra

Beloved

regarding prayer request
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 02:38:49 AM »

I can relate with your problems. It is hard to appreciate that what is happening is God’s Will when your life seems to be falling apart.

One year ago I found myself  totally out of money ( I was unemployed for quite  some time and could not understand my state). I literally was down to a few hundred dollars.  My lease was ending and I had no place to go. I had no family to help me out.  I also had a few medical problems and no medical insurance.

I too had just had my eyes opened to God’s truth. Because of his revelation, I realized that had to put my profession on God’s altar and accept the fact that I would accept what God was going to provide even if that meant the worse scenario. It was extremely stressful.

Every day I was exhausted trying to find a job. I had applied to so many positions where I was more than qualified and did not get any of them. Every night I had to deal with immense fear.  Then I talked with a friend and he told me God has no Plan B and to stop trying on my own and TRUST Him only.

This was very hard because as a physician I was used to taking control and had been providing for myself all of my life (or at least I had thought I was).

When Katrina hit I was in the process of packing and feeling very overwhelmed but I decided to volunteer my services. During that time a job presented it self when I was not looking for it.   It wasn’t anything special but it certainly was a great blessing.  God provide many other little blessings.

Now I am seeing that possessions, titles and fame are all meaningless. I am now getting rid of all of the excesses and downsizing my life.  I want to be ready for God when He shows me the next step.

The one thing about being down at the bottom is that there is little that can be taken from you. I do not want to give any financial advice because I do not know your situation. I am not sure of what your specific needs are right now. One thing that is very different in your situation is having two children to support. Having two children makes your plight even more difficult but at their ages they will want to help you.

My favorite scripture after the fact is:

(Psa 68:19 KJV+)  Blessed1288 be the Lord,136 who daily3117, 3117 loadeth6006 us with benefits, even the God410 of our salvation.3444 Selah.5542

Now I see that God loads us daily with things meant for our salvation. The loads are not always the “benefits� that the carnal christians tend to always rely on. Selah means “ think about this� (it is the reason for the pause in the singing)

Take this time to immerse yourself in His Word. He does have things to show you.

(Pro 25:2 CLV)  It is the glory of Elohim to conceal a matter, And the glory of kings to investigate a matter."

I pray : Light my candle while I read, to keep my heart from going blind. Enlarge my vision to behold the wonders has wrought from old.

For me the Bible has  become more and more crystal clear than I ever imagined.

Beloved

gmik

urgent prayer needed
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 08:49:33 PM »

Welcome Fudgenut.  You and your situation will be on my heart in my prayers.

Beloved, thank you for sharing.

I have yet to see God not  take care of His own.  Fudgenut read all you can on Ray's site (if you haven't already).  Know that the trying of your faith brings patience and every good thing.

orion77

Urgent Prayer Needed
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:46:46 AM »

Fudgenut and Beloved, welcome to the forum.

We all full well understand what you are talking about.  God is working a great and mighty work in you.  Hang tough and endure is easier said than done, but the rewards far outweigh the difficulites.

Beloved, what you said is beautiful, I can't add anymore to that.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.