bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Giant of a man  (Read 5043 times)

Kat

A Giant of a man
« on: January 01, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »

Rick sent me this video of Nick Vujicic.  He is a great inspiration on how to overcome physical limitations.  Kind of helps you put things in perspective, when we want to start complaning about how bad we have it.  Thanks Rick very moving story.

http://www.4marks.com/videos/details.html?video_id=723

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

Re: A Giant of a man
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »

You hit on a subject dear to my heart. This guy was blessed to be born in this generation, in the past the world may have reacted differently. In the past people with severe disabilties were shamefully treated.

It brings about the verse

Joh 9:2  And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind

Joh 9:3  Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Most people when they see people with formible disabilities ...see into a mirror and see in themselves their own lack of courage and hope if placed in that same circumstance. Nick Vujicic challenges your heart and makes you grateful for what you do have, and repentful of any thoughts of pity. 

I do not know his medical history but I suspect Thalidamide like durg that impaired limb development.  This is not hereditary and he could father normal children. 

It is wonderful when you realize that God can be Glorified in these individuals.

I do not know if he is in babylon, it appears that he has a ministry, but I will certainly pray that God will drag him out...

beloved

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »

Kat,
Thank you for posting that it is amazing! You definitely take a step back and see that God is control. Beautiful!
Kathy :D

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »

Kat that is awesome. It sure does make you think , when you want to have a pity party. I have a friend and a sister who is paralyzed. They are always so up beat. I love to be around them. My friend who is paralyzed goes to the church I use to attend. She called with some questions about Tithe and Hell today. That shocked me. So, I gave her Ray's website.  She has so many questions that she feels the church will not answer. So, we will see if God opens her eyes and she learns to find scriptures that Ray presents that should get her the truth.

In His Love,
Marlene

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 11:11:36 AM »

Wow God Bless Him and You Kat for sharing that!
 :)
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 11:27:16 AM »

Thankyou Kat,

Thankyou for sharing that Video with us, very inspiring. With so much negativity
                     all around us and before us, this presents a positive note to reflect on to start
                     year 2009. I enjoy and value the use of my four Limbs, yet this man appears to
                     have more joy in Life than most. We benefit from being made aware of Life Stories
                     like this one.  :)

Kind Regards, Samson.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:39:48 PM »

Thank's for the video. I don't know if i was the only one who cried but for some reason i did. I think it just made me so ashamed of myself.

God bless,

Alex

child in the making

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »

Thank you Kat

Verrrry humbling.

dd

smeacham

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 12:35:17 PM »

I've seen other videos of this guy, before, but watching him can't help but put a smile on my face.  Thank you.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »

I went to middle school with a kid that didn't have arms or legs.
He was in one of my classes.
He wrote cursive writing with his mouth and it was beautiful!!
Very humbling indeed
My handwriting was a mess
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.