bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some prayer for my love ones.  (Read 13517 times)

Marlene

Need some prayer for my love ones.
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:31:48 AM »

Hello, My Sister who is paralyzed on her left side from a stroke has an infection. She fell the other night. She is not able to hold food down and her blood pressure is very low and she is weak. I would like you to pray for her. My Mother who lives with me is 88 and is very upset over this. Now, for the rest my Mother has to deal with. Jan. 8th I am to have cervical spine surgery. I have a huge rupture and some other ruptures. I have spinal cord compression and have been in great deal of pain. My Mother is beside herself. I know she wants me to get out of pain but she is afraid she may loose us both. I feel so bad for her. I know, everything is in Gods will. Its just very hard on someone 88 years old.

I  need to have the surgery or I could very well end up with permament damage.  I would appreciate your prayers and pray that God keeps her calm. This is a hard trial we are going through.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

Re: Need some prayer for my love ones.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 09:34:55 AM »

Marlene I will be praying for you and your family. Stay strong!
Kathy :-*

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 11:14:26 AM »

You got it Marlene, stay strong in Him,
Brenda

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »

I will be praying Marlene, for you and your family.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

Hi Marlene,

Your family are in my prayers as well.  Please take comfort in knowing that the Lord is our refuge during difficult times.  Continue to cling to Him.

René

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 01:41:27 PM »

Marlene,

It is Always in GOD'S Control. My Prayers are said for you and sister and mom.
Stay strong in The Faith and Grace Of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

george. :) :-* :)

iris

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »

Marlene, prayers going out for you and your family.

Iris

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »

Thanks everyone for your prayers. They are keeping my sister again tonight. Blood Pressure is starting to come up some. She still cannot keep anything down. She has a very bad heart, but I don't think it is acting up.

I am like Brenda. I do not like being put to sleep. Not that I have any control asleep or awake. I am taking care of myself and eating healthy. So, I don't think my diabetes will be a factor. Just, when you are having the spine messed up kind of scary. Not, sure how much I will be able to get on after the 8th, but I know you will all be praying. As, soon as I can I will try and let you all know how I am doing. I will also keep you updated about my sister she is one who always looked out for others instead of herself. Now, she has to be waited on. She hates it. LOL

I value all of your prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 12:54:19 AM »

hi marlene,
i too will lift you, your sister, your momma, and your husband up in specific petition to our God and Father, in the name of our Brother and Savior Jesus Christ. take comfort in knowing that God is with you awake or asleep, and His plan for you, and your family members is for your best, because, as you are very well aware, He loves you with a love that passes understanding. i pray also for your recovery period, as well as that of your sister. stay strong in your faith and in the knowledge that your spiritual family is praying for you.

love in Him,
claudia

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 05:30:18 AM »

Dear Marlene, how difficult but I pray all of you will come through this healthier and happier. I pray your mother's fear to be gone and your dear sister a quick recovery. Your spine trouble has to be taken care of and I pray for all the doctors and you that everything goes well.

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »

Thanks Claudia and Judith and All: My sister is doing much better today. Her care was not very good. If, they would have kept her on fluids and the right anti-biotics she would not have been in there so long. At  the hospital she is in the Hospitalist was not very good. My neice who works for the hospital is writing a letter. The er doctor had her on fluids and antibiotics and the Hospitalist took her off.  Her meidcal doctor called in and got that worked out. Her blood pressure is better and she is not vomiting now. She called my mom and gave her the good news this morning.

I am so happy to have Brothers and Sisters in Christ who pray and leave me such kind messages. I love all of you.

I am not looking forward to the surgery, but if it can help some of the pain I will be very happy. Of course, it is not a surgery anyone would like to have, but you have to do what you have to do. LOL. I am use to pain, it is the unknown I don't like. I had a serious illness 2 years ago and God showed me who was in control. He still is and I have to remind my self of that.

In His Love,
Marlene

buckhunter

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 01:59:25 AM »

Hello Marlene-- As soon as I read your posting I offered up a prayer on you and your families behalf. I know it is difficult but rejoice that you are accounted worthy to suffer. I hope everything goes well. I have been under general anesthesia twice and what I tell people (that ask) is that I felt like I did before I was born--I had NO consciousness whatsoever-no time passing,no dreams, no anything!

Jim (new member)

judith collier

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 02:41:15 AM »

More prayer for you marlene and your upcoming operation, Glad to hear your sister is doing a bit better and God give your mother peace. I really feel for you, I know about pain in the spine and those darn nerve endings. Oh God, I pray you are flexible and without pain in the future. I pray a better outcome than you ever expected. Love all of you so much already!!!!

child in the making

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 06:05:31 PM »

More prayers for you and yours Marlene

The Comforter be with you

dd

smeacham

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 06:21:01 PM »

Psalm 23:4 "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Dear Heavenly Father, my Sister Marlene and her mother are struggling with fear of what they do not know.  Of course, You know all, and You love them more than any of us can imagine.  Please allow Your Word to comfort and strengthen them.  May Your Spirit reassure them of Your Presence, and confirm that You are there to deliver them.  Because You are with them, they need not be afraid.

Marlene

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:17:26 PM »

Steve and All, First thanks for your prayers. Steve, your message hit right to my heart. Today, I am sure it was My Heavenly Father speaking. He showed me that I have fear. I fear for My Mother, but I also have some fear for myself. I know, that no matter what would happen God would be with my Mother. It is hard on her as she is 88 and lives with us. She believes in him, but has a hard time with the truths I have been led to.

It is sin for me to fear God. He brought me here in a time of life, after a fall. I thought I desearved Hell. However, I know he corrects those he loves.  Two years ago I faced death with a sever blood stream infection. Being, a diabetic could have been ha very bad time for me. But, even with the high fevers and having to wait 48 hours to find the right medication for it he gave me peace that he was in control. I still did not know what the out come would be. Most would have been in a coma they told me latter. I believe he used that time for correction and to show me he is in control. He led me to Ray's website a few months latter and I know because I obeyed his correction he brought me through truths.

Steve you are so right. He is in control and is with us every where.  I am so blessed to know truths this time around. Now, I just rest in his hands and know that he will do what is best for me. His will not mine. Thank, for your comforting words.

Thanks to everyone for your comfort and love,

In His Love,
Marlene

Jackie Lee

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 12:41:45 AM »

This request for prayer thread is so uplifting, Praying for all here.

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »

Hello, Wanted to tell you all Thank You before I leave for my surgery. Last, night My Sisters-In-Law called me and told me wanted I needed was good prayers going up for me from good people. She is still in the church. I told her I had lots of prayers going up to me. To me you have all been a comfort. I just know you really pray and its not just lip service. I value all of you and will be looking forward to being on the board with you all again.

My Mom and Husband are doing Good. I actually slept last night. I have never been one to be able to do that so well. Woke up to snow. But, I want this over with. Roads should be clear by time we leave. Surgery at 11:00.

Love To All,
Marlene

Jackie Lee

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 06:58:13 PM »

I just recieved a message from Marlene niece, She got through the surgery fine and will be going home later today.
Marlene hurry back I miss you already. :D

smeacham

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 07:02:44 PM »

That's great news!  I've been concerned for two days waiting to hear the news.  Praise God!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.