bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Composers-One for you Musicman!  (Read 11477 times)

Ninny

The Great Composers-One for you Musicman!
« on: January 02, 2009, 10:40:33 AM »

I have been listening to a cd I got in the mail several months ago. It was a free sample of "The Great Composers" This one is Mozart.
My 2 year old grandson used to listen to this when he napped at my house when the cd got to the second piece on the cd his eyes would fill with tears and he would cry. I knew the first selection on the cd was The Marriage of Figaro, but didn't know what the second one was, never bothered to look! :-\

This was back before he had the brain tumor removed. After the tumor I decided that somehow that one song made his head hurt or something... ???

I just put that cd on my laptop and listened to it, the second piece is a very moving piece called Clarinet Concerto in B Flat Major. I don't know much about classical music, but wow! That piece of music is very moving! I looked for it on You Tube to share with all of you, but there is no quality rendition of it there, that I could find. I thought maybe Musicman may know where there is a link so you can listen to it. I know Musicman appreciates the great composers so how about it? Musicman can you comment or can you find us a good link where everyone can listen? ???
Hope you get to listen to this!
In Love,
Kathy ;)

musicman

Re: The Great Composers-One for you Musicman!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »

That concerto is a standard.  It's OK.  Mozart is great and is the foundation for my favorites who came later.  If you want to hear something great though, check out Mozart's Requiem.  Now, obviously His Requiem was not intended to be written for him but he died right before he completed it.  It became his Requiem.  There are excerpts of it played in the movie "Amadeus" (no, Salieri did not kill Mozart).  Anyway, I have performed this work three times and I believe it is Mozart's greatest work.

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »

This is not Mozart but still it is a great rendition

Talk about Music being prayer like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW630zFA93Y&feature=related

beloved

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 08:00:02 PM »

Thanks Beloved that is really beautiful!
Musicman, I didn't know that it was a standard! :D It is very nice, though I will listen to Requiem. There is one on this cd called Requiem aeternam, is that it? I said I don't know a lot about classical music although I do love most of it. Thanks for that info. I'd love to hear you play someday. :D
I thought that concerto might be something commonly played because there were some people playing it on YouTube.
I think we all need to listen to these beautiful pieces it just gives us a lot of appreciation for the finer things, you know? :D
Hugs!
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »

Just so you all know, i have to watch Little Einsteins when my 3 year old Granddaughter is here.
So i now can actually talk classical music since the entire show is interlaced with just that.

george. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »

Yes, George I know where you're coming from! My 2 yr old grandson loves Little Einsteins, too! Yeah, they do use classical music and also feature the great artists as well. Ha! What you learn as a grandparent! ;D Hey, go to grandparents.com they give you lots of cool ideas on how to enrich your life as a grandparent!  :D
Kathy :D

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »

Mozart's Clarinet Concerto is in A major!

The Adagio is simply wonderful! The other two movements are great too, but they aren't "moving" :D Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgmorK61YQ

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

musicman

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

Actually, it turns out that Mozart wrote three clarinet concertos.  The third one is the one that I'm familiar with and is in B Flat Major.  I knew it had to be because I've heard it played in that key and I have perfect pitch.

WhoAmI

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »

What do you call a man who runs a lawn mower over pictures?

MOZART!!!  :P

musicman

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »

Lame!!

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 07:28:43 PM »

Sick!!  :o

;D

eggi

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »

Actually, it turns out that Mozart wrote three clarinet concertos.  The third one is the one that I'm familiar with and is in B Flat Major.  I knew it had to be because I've heard it played in that key and I have perfect pitch.

Interesting, do you have any information about these? I couldn't find them in the works list.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

musicman

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 08:23:15 PM »

I was thinking of transpostions.  Originally his only clarinet concerto was written in A Major which would be a better key for orchestras.  The B Flat version is for the B Flat clarinet.  Now that I think about it, I know that I have heard it in both keys. 

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »

Wow! You guys are so...cool! I only know when I really like something! You guys understand WHY you like it! :o I wish I knew more about it! Now Eirik, I listened to the link you posted--very beautiful! I would listen to that while going to sleep or just relaxing!
Musicman, the Requiem? Yes! I do love it! I think you have said which instrument you play, but do you play the clarinet? You have perfect pitch..Does that work for singing as well as listening? I have heard a few people sing who have perfect pitch. (I told you I don't know a lot about music!) ;)

Eirik, do you play an instrument? I envy the more musically inclined! :P
Kathy :'(

musicman

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »

Actually, I play the trombone and euphonium.  Perfect pitch just means that if I hear a pitch I can usually tell which note it is without relying on relative pitch.  Relative pitch is when someone hears one pitch, is told what it is, and then can name another pitch that they hear relative to it.  Perfect pitch is genetic but must be developed over time.  It in no way means that the person with it is always able to sing or play an instrument with perfect intonation.  There are many obsticals to doing this.  The advantage to having perfect pitch is looking at a melody and knowing exactly what it sounds like.  Basically though, it just means that if someone plays any note on a piano I can turn around and play the same one without being told which one it was.  But I'm definatelly not a singer. 

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 09:42:52 PM »

Oh, I see! I get it!  I hate being musically challenged! I love music! I do remember you play the trombone now that you mentioned it...what is a euphonium ??? Never heard of that! You see I grew up with country music. I never heard no instrument called euphonium. I'm not a country music lover today! I did like Buck Owens when I was younger!! ;D ::)

Kathy ;)

eggi

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 04:48:41 AM »

Wow! You guys are so...cool! I only know when I really like something! You guys understand WHY you like it! :o I wish I knew more about it! Now Eirik, I listened to the link you posted--very beautiful! I would listen to that while going to sleep or just relaxing!
Musicman, the Requiem? Yes! I do love it! I think you have said which instrument you play, but do you play the clarinet? You have perfect pitch..Does that work for singing as well as listening? I have heard a few people sing who have perfect pitch. (I told you I don't know a lot about music!) ;)

Eirik, do you play an instrument? I envy the more musically inclined! :P
Kathy :'(
Kathy, I play the piano/keyboard as well as guitar and some trumpet. I even played the tuba in a band for a year, but that wasn't very fun... Music is an incredible thing. Talking about the Requiem, the text goes Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine / Grant them eternal rest, Lord. Sounds pretty much like the 'frozen Han Solo' that Ray mentioned. But to the increase of His government there shall be no end! GOD BLESS YOU! Eirik
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:52:27 AM by eggi »

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 10:28:01 AM »

Eirik,
 ;D ;D ;D :D (I play the radio!)  :D
AMEN!
Kathy ;)

musicman

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »

Oh, I see! I get it!  I hate being musically challenged! I love music! I do remember you play the trombone now that you mentioned it...what is a euphonium ??? Never heard of that! You see I grew up with country music. I never heard no instrument called euphonium. I'm not a country music lover today! I did like Buck Owens when I was younger!! ;D ::)

Kathy ;)

It's often AKA the baritone horn.  That's not exactly what it is but, hey.  It's a smaller version of the tuba and is a popular band intrument but rarely used in orchestras.  It is used in some orchestral works though.  It is used for tenor tuba parts.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »

If anyone is interested in hearing a euphonium being played (quite well) click here:

http://www.euphonium.net/home.php?newsID=46

Peace,

Joe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.