bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 6363 times)

Samson

Basketball
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:39:49 AM »

For you Football Lovers,

Okay, you still have the Playoffs and eventually the Superbowl, but
                                 it's now the time to start hearing from you Forum members who love
                                 Basketball. When growing up and eventually playing on my High School
                                 team, it was the only sport where I was willing to sit on the bench, just
                                 to be part of the team, I was the tenth man, a scrub, that's what they
                                 called us, the ones who didn't play too often, but I loved the game.

If you have a favorite or preferred team, let me have it. My favorite team
                                 is the New York Knicks, no powerhouse for sure, no Patrick Ewing, no Walt
                                 Frazier or Charles Oakley or my favorite Knick of all time, Bernard King, but
                                 there seems to be some improvement over last year. Our Arch Rivals, the
                                 Boston Celtics are unbeatable, so far.

So, you Football Lovers, it's time for the real Sport to be recognized-BASKETBALL.

Kind Regards, Samson,  ;)

mharrell08

Re: Basketball
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

As I am an Atlanta Falcons fan for football, I am likewise an Atlanta Hawks fan in the NBA. They've really improved the last few years and took the eventual champs, the Celtics, to the last game of the series.

I also love the college basketball tournament...no team in particular, but love the games and drama.  :)

Marques

musicman

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »

Go Heat!!  Get that eighth playoff spot.  YOU CAN DO IT!!

Samson

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »

As I am an Atlanta Falcons fan for football, I am likewise an Atlanta Hawks fan in the NBA. They've really improved the last few years and took the eventual champs, the Celtics, to the last game of the series.

I also love the college basketball tournament...no team in particular, but love the games and drama.  :)

Marques

Yes Marques,

That was a good Playoff series, one of the best last year, the Hawks almost pulled it off.
                      When I was younger, the Atlanta Hawks had Walt Bellamy(Bells), Pete Maravich(Pistol Pete)
                      and Lou Hudson. Everytime Walt Bellamy scored, they would ring a bell and Pete Maravich was
                      one of the best dribbler I ever witnessed. He might have been better suited for the Harlem
                      Globetrotters.

Thanks for the comment, Samson.

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »

Our Arch Rivals, the Boston Celtics are unbeatable, so farOh Really ??? :o

Someone needs to tell the LA Lakers (New Champs 09) and Lowly GS Warriors about the above statement.

george. ;D ;D

For you Football Lovers,

If you have a favorite or preferred team, let me have it. My favorite team
                                 is the New York Knicks, no powerhouse for sure, no Patrick Ewing, no Walt
                                 Frazier or Charles Oakley or my favorite Knick of all time, Bernard King, but
                                 there seems to be some improvement over last year. Our Arch Rivals, the
                                 Boston Celtics are unbeatable, so far.

So, you Football Lovers, it's time for the real Sport to be recognized-BASKETBALL.

Kind Regards, Samson,  ;)

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 03:32:58 PM »

C'mon George,

That was just a recent Low, after a string of many wins, twenty something, maybe
                     the Celtics will make the grave mistake of signing Stephon Marbury, after he's bought
                     out, if he's bought out. maybe his history of negativity will spread like gangrene, doubt
                     if the Celtics could be that dumb, can only hope.

Aside from Rondo, the Celtics are getting old(Garnett, Ray Allen & Pierce), but I do
                     admire Ray Allen, he's in excellent physical condition for 36 or 37 years old.

;D Kind Regards, Samson.

P.S. Hey George, at least I don't have to tolerate that former General Manager
                         with the Cigar puffing mouth(Red Auerbach), a Knick enemy for sure,  ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »

Samson,

So true, every time i hear that commentator Heinsohn i see little green gobules rolling on the floor.
Celtics are a great franchise but some of their fans and tv personalities are very boorish.

Guess many non laker fans say the same about my team and supporters. Hope the Knick's get
something ;) for stephon or at least don't try to give him to The Lakers. :-X

george. ;D

Samson

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 02:30:03 PM »

Hey George,

I think you might be on to something regarding your Boston Celtics. They have
                 lost 7 of the last nine, of course they are 29 wins and 9 losses. Apparently they
                 won't break the Chicago Bulls regular season Won loss record, from back in the
                 Michael Jordan days.

I didn't expect too much interest in the Topic of Basketball as Football is the
                 preferred interest of the Major Sports amongst most Americans. My Dad rarely
                 allows me to mention Basketball, his mindset is Football.

In general, my interest in Sports has diminished over the years, don't know too
                 many good role models for recommendation, if any at all. One that comes to mine,
                 at least in the sense that he carries himself Professionally and that's David Lee
                 of the Knicks, he works hard to get rebounds, shoots a high field goal percentage
                 and displays a hard work ethic. When Knicks management is approached regarding
                 possible trades with other teams; the name of David Lee always comes up, as to
                 whether or not he's available. I wouldn't trade him, unless it involves Lebron James
                 or Kobe Bryant.

Kind Regards, Samson.

musicman

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »

I live in Wade County. 

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 09:56:11 PM »

Hi Samson,

Nope not my Celtics, they are starting to show their age already. You do not
get Kobe until he is ready to retire. Now Lebron may be your coming Superstar.
Athletes are role models as much as humans are not sinners, none for me. The
ability to do what they do is not of themselves but a gift, so I give them their
space to be human (prone to falls).

george. :)

kweli

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »

The last time I saw a full basketball game was when Allen Iverson almost jumped over Shaq to do a lay up, and eventually won the MVP that season. Since then, I no longer enjoy the sport. I think there are too many stars but not enough quality. Take Jordan and Lebron. Jordan won games, Lebron wins endorsements. On the courts, we dont want to see endorsements.

That was the longer version of saying I'm into streetball. You've got to appreciate what those guys can do with the ball. I used to be a point guard so I know how hard it is to make it look easy.

Samson

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »

The last time I saw a full basketball game was when Allen Iverson almost jumped over Shaq to do a lay up, and eventually won the MVP that season. Since then, I no longer enjoy the sport. I think there are too many stars but not enough quality. Take Jordan and Lebron. Jordan won games, Lebron wins endorsements. On the courts, we dont want to see endorsements.

That was the longer version of saying I'm into streetball. You've got to appreciate what those guys can do with the ball. I used to be a point guard so I know how hard it is to make it look easy.

So True, Kweli,

I agree with you, as alluded to in my last Post, my interest in Professional Sports has
                      diminished. Guys like David Lee of the Knicks and Curt Warner(Football) of the Arizona
                      Cardinals stand out as possible exceptions. There are others, but I don't know for sure,
                      don't keep up with it as much as I used to in the past.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.