bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, I am a pastor!  (Read 8237 times)

emkayfey

Help, I am a pastor!
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:43:54 AM »

Hi all, I'm not really new to the site as I've been registered many months back, but since coming across bibletruths.com happenings of seismic proportions have been going on in my life.

I am a pastor leading a branch of a big church here in Europe, coming across Ray's site, I know I cannot continue as normalsince, I began preaching things I learnt after studying them in my bible. The assistant Pastor had since left. I took it upon myself to write to the head office to tell them that Tithing was wrong, Trinity doctrine is not biblical etc etc (I timidly left out saying that their doctrine on hell and ultimate salvation was also unbiblical). I expected the church to call me for a discussion so that I can go with Ray's writing and my bible...They never call me for conference. They asked me to relinquish all the church's item in my possession and no longer a pastor of (their) church since I no longer believe what they believe.

Thank God I have my day job and have not relied on a penny from the ministry. It is a trying time for me and my family as we have always been members of a church (So called). I'm happy my wife is with me on this and another family from the church.

I enthusiasticall shared some of these teaching with friends and family, and it's like hitting a brickwall, somenever got back to me, I began to wonder, why isn't anybody seeing what I'm seeing...Am I okay, or are they?

The question now is, because the family from the church who wants to know more of this teachings loves me and the message I now preach (from bibletruths.com of course), Do I allow them to leave the congreation with me and start a bible study fellowship, but I'm concerned I will still have to behave like their pastor as they do not really study the bible by themselves. Or do I just call it a day and study privately with my family and like minded people?

I crave for prayers and advice at this time, I went to sleep 2 am last night praying God to lead and show me what to do, nothing yet but I know God also speaks through His people.

Thank you all very much.

Stevernator

Re: Help, I am a pastor!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:30:54 AM »

Hello,
I think its great that you went with your convictions. It also seems great that you have the opportunity to minister to a family.

Here are some verses
1 cor 2:24
Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

1 Peter 5:3
Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.

So I don't see why you worry that you would behave as a pastor. It seems to me like it is a high calling from God and not a title bestowed by men. As the apostle Paul the purpose is not for having dominion but being helpers of their joy.

Sincerely,
Steve

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

emkayfey

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 11:35:17 AM »

Thank you very much...One thing I was sure of was that it was never going to be business as usual. Will continue in this narrow path. Thanks again.

Hello,
I think its great that you went with your convictions. It also seems great that you have the opportunity to minister to a family.

Here are some verses
1 cor 2:24
Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

1 Peter 5:3
Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.

So I don't see why you worry that you would behave as a pastor. It seems to me like it is a high calling from God and not a title bestowed by men. As the apostle Paul the purpose is not for having dominion but being helpers of their joy.

Sincerely,
Steve

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 12:11:31 PM »

Welcome Emkayfey

It is certainly a hard thing to come out of Babylon, and as a pastor it must have been harder.  This made me think about Nicodemus, the poor guy came at night to learn and his life must have bee very uncomfortable in the physical for him after The Resurrection, but oh the spiritual joy he must of had in that upper room.

God is Sovereign and we must obey and Follow.

Glad you are here on the forum, we have many guests but there are few that will be here at UK times to converse with you, some us here in the US who also get up at weird hours to read and share..

beloved
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:08:49 PM by Beloved »

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 12:32:33 PM »

Hi emkayfey,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Well I must say that it is rare indeed for God to draw a pastor out of the church.  You will have many adjustments to make I'm sure and be assured God will guide you in the way to go.

John 16:13  When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

There is no need to worry about how you will handle this or that, take one day at a time and let God work things out as He surely will.

Mat 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
v. 34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

You are among friends here, we are a great support to one another.  So come here as often as need be to seek fellowship with those of like mind.

Here are links to the different boards to help you familiarize yourself with what we have here.

Check out the forum rules, it will help you understand how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

General discussion board, this is to ask questions and discuss what is presented at the Bible-truths.com site.

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Off Topic board, this is to discuss things that do not directly relate to BT, you will find a good bit of humor here.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

child boards
Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship board, this is mostly for personal posts.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and other stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

smeacham

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »

Wow, emkayfey.  I'm proud of you.  I can also relate to your situation and concern.  Every time I start to post on this site, I'm barraged by interruptions every 30 seconds, it seems, but I'll do my best...

Most important, my advice to you...Seek God's will, as you are doing.  You did the right thing.  You are doing the right thing.  You will do the right thing, because God is sovereign and in control.  Perhaps you can find peace in this.

As for me, I was an elder in Calvary Chapel.  I had not yet found Bible-Truths.com, but God was showing me the Truth about Jesus' parables.  One Sunday, while the pastor was away at a conference, I preached about the sower and the seed.  God's Spirit moved in the congregation, leaving some in tears, and many amazed.  I had no negative reaction from the congregation, though.  The pastor listened to the recording when he returned, and called me in for a 2 hour conference.  I wasn't an elder when I walked out, which really hurt at the time.

All in all, I've had four families from 3 churches ask/recommend that I start a fellowship, or even a full-fledged church.  My wife also encourages it.  I, like you, have resisted.  What if I teach them something wrong, I worry. The full responsibilities (Ezekiel 34:2-6) are absolutely daunting, too.  As long as I feel I'm still relearning the basics, I cannot with a good conscience do it.  I suspect that there will come a day when God calls me to teach again, but today is not that day.

God bless you,
Steve

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »

Emkayfey and Steve, I had read Rays teachings for about a year before joining the forum. I joined in Sept of 2008. In the short time in here I have seen the move of the Holy Spirit in the minds and hearts of many people coming out of Babylon. There are many who understand way more then I do and can provide the scriptures to help you.

I left my church of many years because of Tithe , Trinity , Hell being the worst thing I ever believed. When, I left my church of many years my Husband , Mother and I  started going to another church We stayed several months. The preacher there was very kind and seemed so different. One day he was to preach on tithe and right before that he turned his body to face the wall. He said,"God I hate to do this". But , then he turned around and preached it.

Also, it is an organized church a Weselyan I guess they emailed him and told them they had to watch what they preached. He told us someday that he might be asked to leave or taken out in hand cuffs. Different, times I had asked him to read books for me. He was always kind about it. But, I saw that he was not a young man any more and that he had family. Its the only job he had. I know that I was not equiped to stand up against him, so I never presented this way of believe to him. I often wondered should I have asked him to look at it. We were not members there and not going there long.

What, you did to leave your ministry was very brave.  Steve also, is brave. After, knowing the truth I just could not stay a member of Babylonschurches.

I still keep that man in my prayers, because I had never seen a man like him in any churches I had been in. Only, time will tell. I believe God called me out and he could call him also. 

I will keep both you men in my prayers. It is humbling to see two men so involved in churches who do not want to teach. I am sure you both are going to be blessed with  a cup of overflowing spiritual blessings.

In His Love,
Marlene

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 02:25:35 PM »

All in all, I've had four families from 3 churches ask/recommend that I start a fellowship, or even a full-fledged church.  My wife also encourages it.  I, like you, have resisted.  What if I teach them something wrong, I worry. The full responsibilities (Ezekiel 34:2-6) are absolutely daunting, too.  As long as I feel I'm still relearning the basics, I cannot with a good conscience do it.  I suspect that there will come a day when God calls me to teach again, but today is not that day.

Steve that is one of the most spiritually mature posts I've seen in awhile.

Craig

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 05:09:49 PM »

dear emmanuel & steve,
reading your 1st post emmanuel, and then steve's post reply, i am joyous to see God is confirming that bible-truths and this forum are His. you both also confirm that God has a plan above and beyond anything we can ask or think. between calling pastors, elders, and all the rest of us workers, as well as His beginning the opening up of the scriptures to ray smith, and using dennis to bring it to the masses via the internet, it is apparent that He is our True Master and His hand is working. He is even beginning to work through some of our forum members who have almost completely translated all of ray's lof series into spanish, which prayerfully can be made available once the confirmation of the authenticity of the translations are done. what an awesome opportunity our God is making available through ray's unique receptive heart for the Truths and those "behind the scenes" of this website. if one sits long enough and just meditates on what is transpiring through the opportunity He has graced each of us with, it brings a perfect peace that only He can provide.

i will keep you both in prayer petitions to our God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ that he will guide each of you on the path that He has planned for you.

love in Him,
claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »

Hi Emkayfey and Steve,

It is good that you heed the Word of The Lord and take action; these Scriptures should lighten your burden now.

I Kings 19:10:
And he said, I have been very zealous for Jehovah the God of Hosts. For the sons of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, thrown down Your altars, and have slain Your prophets with the sword. And I, I alone, am left. And they seek to take my life away.

I Kings 19:18:
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth which has not kissed him.

John 7:17:
If any man is willing to do his will, he shall know of the teaching, whether it is of God, or whether I speak from myself.

Romans 11:4:
But what said the answer of God to him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

II Corinthians 6:16:
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God said: "I will dwell among them, and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

James 4:4:
Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever desires to be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Revelation of John 10:7:
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he will begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He has declared to His servants the prophets.  

Revelation of John 18:2:
And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great has fallen, has fallen! And it has become the dwelling-place of demons, and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a cage of every unclean bird which has been hated,

Revelation of John 18:4:
And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you may not be partakers of her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues.

george. :)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »

What a great testimony of the work of God.  Wonderful to hear.

You are right to be concerned about the tremendous consequences of being a teacher.  Some of us are concerned about posting messages on a message board.   :D  Consider this, though.  It was the foolishness of your preaching that God used to draw this other family.  Though you rightly don't want them to consider you as 'pastor', and you rightly want to seek a fuller and higher understanding before seeking the Lord's will as to how, when and WHY you should minister, you have with you young fellow-believers.  I pray you keep fellowship with them, even if you must constantly humble yourself in that relationship.  You might find that in a gut-level, experiential growing in Grace and Wisdom, that they surpass you eventually having less theological baggage to cast off.

Anyway.  God bless you on this journey.  The Lord will show you how much you must suffer for His Name's sake. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Linny

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 01:19:34 AM »

emkayfey!

WOW! A Pastor! How cool is that! You are a rarity my friend and so welcome here. ;D

You are right to question going straight back into ministry with this new information. This family who also seem to have eyes to see and ears to hear, I would personally welcome to learn with you and even come together if that is their desire and yours.

But if it were me, I would not wish to be their pastor any longer but just a fellow student! Too much responsibility.

Kat is right, one day at a time. God has a plan and He will make it clear to you as He knows exactly what you are to do and when... ;)

Blessings, Lin

emkayfey

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »

I thank you all for your responses and especially Steve (we seem to be coming from same direction) and all of you who have encouraged me, I really appreciate your encouragement. In one of the posted advise, someone said 'Take it one day at a time' thanks for this simple words and I'm happier because of it.

I have read and re read Ray's teaching over about six months before posting,  I am one of those people that don't venerate people unecessarily, but on coming to bibletruths.com, I was reading jaw dropping truths backed up by scripture, I was left defenseless and I knew I either change or live a lie, I changed.

Thank you all, I will continue to study with the family who left with me, and in good time introduce them to bibletruths.com. Once again, thank you all, you made me feel really welcomed.

Emmanuel

Triton

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 11:17:39 AM »

Amazing and wonderful!

"happenings of seismic proportions" - this just made me smile. I was thinking the same a few days back.

Welcome!

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »

Welcome to the forum Emmanuel.

I am delighted to hear you have been encouraged by the comments made to you.  I am encouraged by the testimony of change you have shared with us. :)

Rene'

Samson

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:53:05 AM »

All in all, I've had four families from 3 churches ask/recommend that I start a fellowship, or even a full-fledged church.  My wife also encourages it.  I, like you, have resisted.  What if I teach them something wrong, I worry. The full responsibilities (Ezekiel 34:2-6) are absolutely daunting, too.  As long as I feel I'm still relearning the basics, I cannot with a good conscience do it.  I suspect that there will come a day when God calls me to teach again, but today is not that day.

Steve that is one of the most spiritually mature posts I've seen in awhile.

Craig

Welcome Steve,

I concur with the above, it's a weighty responsibility to teach others the meaning
                        of the Scriptures. A heavily accountable activity to say the least. I'm naturally
                        drawn to humble minded people, especially the older I get and you are displaying
                        this quality.

He who humbles himself will be exalted; you have put Truth first and your desire
                        to teach second. Amen !

I understand about the desire to teach, always had and have that, too, but when
                        conveying any of these Truths to others outside the Forum, I keep it simple and
                        direct them here. So many people I want to write from the past. Try to focus to
                        on one point of major importance, like just the word " Eternal " and how it shouldn't
                        be in Scripture or the fallacy of " Free Will " and wait for a response before adding
                        more information.

Glad your here, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.