bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Music and Dancing  (Read 23975 times)

Ninny

Re: Music and Dancing
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

oooh, Patrick, I never heard of those bands! :(

Musicman, I'm so glad God watches out for you! He made you a real mellow fellow, didn't he? ;D :o heh, heh, heh! :D
Kathy  ;)

Kat

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 09:43:24 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Slipknot is my daughter's favorite band, she even has their S symbol tattoo on her back   ???  ::)   I'm not to fond of them myself though.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 09:45:22 PM »

Patrick,

If i had a clue maybe you should be shunned; but i don't have a clue so no shunning.
Maybe i should ask Ray for the loan of his Round tu wit and check again. ??? :o ;D

george. ???

Quote from: jennie
I have just as much rock, heavy metal as anything else. So as someone said earlier..." I will just keep rocking with my bad self"!

Austrian Death Machine, Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet For My Valentine, Texas Hippie Coalition, SlipKnot, etc..
Let the shunning begin. :)

Samson

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 10:45:14 PM »

My Opinion, Only.

They strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel. They overlook the far weightier
                         matters of the Law, like Justice and Mercy. For me it basically boils down to this,
                         why critique and concern ourselves with every detail of ones Entertainment, including
                         ones choice of music when our former denominations of Christendom, especially the
                         Legalistic ones, like my former affiliation, when the important teachings of these groups
                         are Blasphemous to God, especially Eternal Punishment, of one variety or another.

I've been around those " Perfectionist " type people, they were usually more interested
                         in portraying an image, as if their Salvation and others depended on it.

Actually, Rock Music is my favorite category of music, my selection of individual songs
                         has probably improved in it's quality since joining Bible-Truths. I suppose God has
                         caused me to move in that direction, not because any exertion of pressure from
                         those overly righteous legalistic minds. I remember sending a Music Video of the
                         Song, The Way by Fastball and the individual receiving the Video thought it too
                         sexually suggestive because the Woman was Dancing, she was fully clothed, mind you.
                         Instead of taking offense, I acquiesced to their wishes determined to refrain from
                         presenting them with anything they might find offensive, even though it wasn't
                         to me. I honored their conscience and showed agape this way, even though in the
                         back of my mind I felt they were being intentionally righteous overmuch. Keep in mind,
                         I've known these individuals for 15 years.

IMOHP, Kind Regards, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »

Samson, have you ever sucked a gnat down your throat? :o  :P :D Nasty little creatures! :P
Round here in the summer you don't want to be walking around outside with your mouth open! ;D
I can understand that "straining at a gnat" thing! ;)

I have never swallowed a camel that I know of ! ;D

Hey, I understand that analogy!

People telling you that God will burn you in hell forever, and yet look at you as if you had lost your marbles when you suggest that one day everyone will be saved!  8)
hmmmmm...
Kathy :D

Mbwa

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 11:44:38 PM »

Wow!  Thank you so much for all your help, people!  So rock isn't as bad as they say, eh?  Well, just to prove to myself that music is not an obsession, I'm not going to listen to my mp3 player for a week.  Yeah, music is nice, but there are more important things in life.  Just one question for George (aqr), though:

"Patrick,

If i had a clue maybe you should be shunned; but i don't have a clue so no shunning.
Maybe i should ask Ray for the loan of his Round tu wit and check again. Huh Shocked Grin

george. Huh"

What did you mean by this?  "If I had a clue, maybe you should be shunned."  Are you saying that rock music is bad, or am I just not fully assimilated to the humor of the board? :)  Best regards under God,

Mbwa

Ninny

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 11:49:29 PM »

Let me answer for George... :D
He was definitely trying to be funny! He was just kidding! ;)
Humor, hahahaha! ;D ::)
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 01:31:10 AM »

That was pure :o and simple ::) humor; ;D thanks for my strong defense kathy. :-*

Mbwa, Someday when you are listening to Ray on Audio 8) you will hear that joke. ;D

george. :P

aqrinc

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 01:34:57 AM »

Btw,

Who took my darn  i mean my last marbles ??? I know i put them by Ninny's last post. :o

Go figure. ::)

george. ;D :-*

Mbwa

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 08:28:02 AM »

Okay.  You had me worried there for a sec. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »

George,
 I last saw your marbles rolling down the street! ;D
 You must believe that one day God will save everyone!! :o
Kathy ;)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Slipknot is my daughter's favorite band, she even has their S symbol tattoo on her back   ???  ::)   I'm not to fond of them myself though.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

No tattoo's here.
I'm a fan of Joey Jordison, the drummer for SlipKnot. The guy is amazing!
All of the bands I listed, with the exception of Austrian Death Machine, have outstanding drummers. And, being a drummer myself, that's what I pick up on. They are good to listen to when exercising, IMO.
Austrian Death Machine is a band that incorporates Arnold Schwarzenegger movie lines into their songs; their not really a serious band, but fun to hear.

Vangie

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »

Patrick-That is just SOOO funny--I googled Austrian Death Machine.  Still laughing at Who is your daddy and what does he do?   Get to the choppa.

Thanks so much for the tip!  I like that speed metal music every now and then, and what a plus--the lyrics are funny!  I'm gonna have fun this Friday at 5:00pm with the intercom at work.  Much better than the "bang on these drums all day" song.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:33:22 PM by Vangie »

aqrinc

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »

kathy,

So that is what happened, i was wondering why they are round marbles; ??? all the stuff in the
bathroom is flat and square. ;D I have not been able to get a game when i bring out those flat
marbles. ???

On that belief Save All thing; yup that i do, got some good words that say so. ;D 8)

Patrick,

I can tell drummer stories that will either curl or straighten your hair, but the kids are here so nope. :o

george. ;D

George,
 I last saw your marbles rolling down the street! ;D
 You must believe that one day God will save everyone!! :o
Kathy ;)

Ninny

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 10:42:41 PM »

George,
You're so weird! :D I don't even want to know about flat marbles OR drummers!!
 ;D ;D ;D ::)
Kathy ;)

cjwood

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 02:53:39 AM »

Did ya'll see that movie Talledega Nights where they were fixin' to bless the food and talking about what they liked to picture Jesus being? One of the guys said he liked to picture Jesus singing lead for Skynard with the angel band playing too! It was so funny! We buck dance here but we do all other kinds too. I have just as much rock, heavy metal as anything else. So as someone said earlier..." I will just keep rocking with my bad self"!

ok, i might be a little slow here, but what exactly is "buck dancing". do you do it buck naked?

claudia

cjwood

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 02:56:49 AM »

Quote from: jennie
I have just as much rock, heavy metal as anything else. So as someone said earlier..." I will just keep rocking with my bad self"!

Austrian Death Machine, Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet For My Valentine, Texas Hippie Coalition, SlipKnot, etc..
Let the shunning begin. :)

patrick,
i would have never guessed you to be a heavy metal fan man. rock yes, but heavy metal, never. nothing against heavy metal at all, just didn't figure it was you. you sly dog you.

claudia

cjwood

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 03:03:50 AM »

Btw,

Who took my darn  i mean my last marbles ??? I know i put them by Ninny's last post. :o

Go figure. ::)

george. ;D :-*

i promise george, i didn't take your marbles  ;D i lost mine too  :o or actually i seem to be loosing them, one marble at a time.  you're so so silly jorge  ::)

all in His love,
claudia

cjwood

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 03:06:35 AM »

Hi Patrick,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

No tattoo's here.
I'm a fan of Joey Jordison, the drummer for SlipKnot. The guy is amazing!
All of the bands I listed, with the exception of Austrian Death Machine, have outstanding drummers. And, being a drummer myself, that's what I pick up on. They are good to listen to when exercising, IMO.
Austrian Death Machine is a band that incorporates Arnold Schwarzenegger movie lines into their songs; their not really a serious band, but fun to hear.

hi again patrick,
man, there was so much we didn't talk about when we sat next to each other at the conference! heavy metal AND you are a drummer!!! i've always loved listening to the drum beats. i went to see "stomp" one year here in austin. it was absolutely awesome. do you know what "stomp" is?

claudia

Patrick

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »

Claudia, it's my dad and Bob Wills fault. Yes, that Bob Wills (Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys); they were close friends. My brother and I disliked that music so much; a friend turned us on to a new band named The Guess Who (American Woman-No Sugar Tonight) and I never looked back.
I've been playing the drums since 1973.
Never heard of Stomp.

George, I have some stories also, but I keep them between God and myself.  ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.