bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Josephus and History  (Read 4367 times)

aqrinc

Josephus and History
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:08:12 AM »

Just a little bit of history that Ray has talked about in one of his Studies. Does anyone have
more information or light to add to this.
???

The Antiquities of the Jews/Book 18/Chapter 3/Section 3:

3. Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.

george. ??? :)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Josephus and History
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:43:30 AM »

Hey George,
Not sure what your asking?
What study did Ray talk about this?
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

musicman

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:19:27 PM »

He spoke about it in the last Nashvile study.

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »

Isn't that a sort of secular corroberation(sp) that the Biblical story was true??

winner08

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »

This post brought back to a time when I was discussing Jesus and I was told if it were not for the bible we would never had heard of Jesus. I just couldn't believe that Jesus Christ would only be known through the Bible. I thought that Jesus would be told of through many of works. many books, Just like the great leaders of the ancient times. books upon books. documents upon documents. Then this one person pointed out Josephus and the Jewish wars. Then that was it. I could not find any other writtens about Jesus. A great man. the Son of God. There has to be more. Or is there??

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »

Remember that a lot of history is locked up at the vatican, much was burned at the
Glastonbury Abbey and Library of Alexandria fires. However i do have several other works
that write about Jesus and his Uncle Joseph of Aramethea (minister of mines for Rome).

The Study of English, Celtic, Irish and much of Europes history leads one to find interesting
connections. A lot of the information recently produced is not necessarily accurate but there
ia abundant non biblical sources of Jesus in History available. If you decide to take on this
study be prepared for lots of work, suppositions, outright lies and real historical gems.

george. :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.