bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gospel To the Gentiles and World  (Read 4565 times)

aqrinc

Gospel To the Gentiles and World
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:05:06 PM »

Hoping this selection of Scriptures will be helpful to anyone that reads; for me each verse
adds to my understanding of and Love For Our Saviour And Lord Jesus Christ. Please add
any Scripture that fits or gives more light if you wish.

The answer to every question:
Matthew 6:33:
But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Lord Of All:
Matthew 20:15:
Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Is your eye envious, because I am good?

Saviour Of All Flesh:
Luke:3: 4-6
4-As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, The voice of one crying in the wilderness,
Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
5-Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be
made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
6-And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Gospel Of The Kingdom:
Luke:4: 17-21
17-And there was given to him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book,
he found the place where it was written,
18-The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;
he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight
to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
19-To preach the year of the Lord's favour.

20-And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the attendant, and sat down. And the eyes of all
those who were in the synagogue were fastened upon him.
21And he said to them, Today is this scripture fulfilled in your hearing.

Bachelor party: :'(  ;D
Luke:5: 33-35
33-And they said to him, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the
disciples of the Pharisees; but yours eat and drink?
34-And he said to them, Can you make the wedding guests fast, while the bridegroom is with them?
35-But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then they shall
fast in those days.

Types and Shadows vs Substance:
Luke:5: 36-39
36-And he also spoke a parable to them; No man puts a piece of a new garment upon an old garment; if he does,
then the new garment is torn, and the piece that was taken out of the new garment does not match the old.
37-And no man puts new wine into old wineskins; if he does the new wine will burst the skins, and be spilled,
and the skins will be ruined.
38-But new wine must be put into new skins; then both are preserved.

39-And no man having drunk old wine desires the new: for he says, The old is better.

Carnal understanding vs Spiritual Sight:
Luke: 6: 39-42
39-And he spoke a parable to them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40-The disciple is not above his teacher: but every one who is fully trained shall be like his teacher.
41-And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the beam that is in
your own eye?
42-Or how can you say to your brother, Brother, let me pull out the speck that is in your eye, when you
do not even see the beam that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the beam out of your own
eye, and then you shall see clearly to pull out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

Know the words vs Know and Do What The Lord Say's:
Luke: 6: 46-49
46-And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47-Whosoever comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you to whom he is like:
48-he is like a man who built a house and dug deep and laid the foundation upon rock; and when the flood
arose, the river beat vehemently upon that house and could not shake it, for it was founded upon rock.
49-But he that hears and does not do is like a man that built a house upon the earth without a foundation
against which the river beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.:

Our Teacher and Righteous Judge:
John:16: 7-13
7-Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away,
the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8-And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment:
9-of sin, because they do not believe in me;
10-of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11-of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12-I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
]13-Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall not
speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak, and he will cause you to
know the things which are to come. 

george. :)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:09:30 PM by aqr »

mharrell08

Re: Gospel To the Gentiles and World
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:15 PM »

Great thread George...these are just some that came to mind; don't have a particular title for them:

1 Tim 1:15-16
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1 Cor 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Eph 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

1 John 3:1-3
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Thanks,

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »

Marques,

Types and Shadows vs Substance:
Luke:5: 36-39
36-And he also spoke a parable to them; No man puts a piece of a new garment upon an old garment; if he does,
then the new garment is torn, and the piece that was taken out of the new garment does not match the old.
37-And no man puts new wine into old wineskins; if he does the new wine will burst the skins, and be spilled,
and the skins will be ruined.
38-But new wine must be put into new skins; then both are preserved.
39-And no man having drunk old wine desires the new: for he says, The old is better.

As it was in the time Jesus Christ Was Here In The Flesh, the old physical religious practices
were fervently worshipped by the Religious Leaders and their followers. (Old wine)

They were even ready to graft on any new thing but under no circumstance would they
leave the old wine (types and shadows) behind.

This parable is telling us in part that mixing old wine (types and shadows) with new wine
(The Gospel Of The Kingdom) would burst the old wineskins (physical works) because the
physical (types and shadows) cannot contain The Spiritual ( Infinitely greater Substance).

In the same way the old man (carnal mind/heart) cannot contain but an earnest new wine
(Of The Spirit) and it is not mixed (since the carnal mind/heart is enmity against God).

Piece of new garment on an old garment. (Same Analogy).

That is my current partial understanding of this (Parable).

This though is exactly what the entirety of Christendom does today with one exception;
they are back to old wine old wineskins perfectly mixed with paganism.

george. :)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:55:55 PM by aqr »

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:05:41 AM »

Judgment by Fire
1Co 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Nice thread George
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

To add just a few of the hundreds of messages to the Gentiles in the OT. It shows that God'
Always Had Both Jew and Gentile in His Plans from The beginning and; was almost Always
addressing both in Scripture.

Esther 8:8:
Write you also for the Jews, as it likes you, in the king's name, and seal it with the king's ring:
for the writing which is written in the king's name, and sealed with the king's ring, may no man
reverse.

Isaiah 11:10:
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people;
to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 42:1:
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; my elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit
on him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 66:12:
For thus said the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the
Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall you suck, you shall be borne on her sides, and be
dandled on her knees.

Isaiah 66:19:
And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them to the nations,
to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that
have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among
the Gentiles.

Jeremiah 16: 19-21
19-O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles
shall come to you from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited
lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

20-Shall a man make gods to himself, and they are no gods?

21-Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know my hand
and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD.

Malachi 1:11:
For from the rising of the sun even to the going down of the same my name shall be great among
the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered to my name, and a pure offering: for my
name shall be great among the heathen, said the LORD of hosts.

george. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.