bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is God angry with Indonnesia  (Read 5178 times)

longhorn

Is God angry with Indonnesia
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:13:08 AM »

First the Tsunami, now Earthquake and a volcano about to erupt and finish the job.

eutychus

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 11:56:16 AM »

um, im pretty sure its just the natural thing for that part of terra firma

Land use:  
arable land: 11.03%
permanent crops: 7.04%
other: 81.93% (2005)  
Irrigated land:  
45,000 sq km (2003)  
((((((((((((Natural hazards:)))))))))))))  
occasional floods, severe droughts, tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, forest fires  
Environment - current issues:  
deforestation; water pollution from industrial wastes, sewage; air pollution in urban areas; smoke and haze from forest fires

Isa 5:8 Woe unto them that join house to house, [that] lay field to field, till [there be] no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth

ertsky

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:12:40 PM »

Luk 13:4  Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

eutychus

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 05:10:48 PM »

Quote from: ertsky
Luk 13:4  Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

good points.

Christ words, perfect eh ?

peace to you frank
chuckt

gmik

Is God angry
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:36:08 PM »

Ertsky, please expound on that scripture(or anyone).  I have always wondered about that, cuz the 2nd verse doesn't really answer. Kind of cryptic I've always thought.

ertsky

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 02:15:15 AM »

sometimes people think that if something "nasty" happens to someone it must be because God is punishing them for some particularly "nasty" sin.

like if a homosexual trips over and before he can get up a guy on a bike runs over his goolies, someone might say ahhhhhh divine poetic justice. (eurghhh)

Jesus is reminding us all i think, particularly those that think that way,  that unless we repent the second death awaits us all, homo and ceo, rich and poor, great and small etc etc.

as in

Act 17:29  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31  Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

so we should repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

f

rvhill

Re: Is God angry
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

Quote from: gmik
Ertsky, please expound on that scripture(or anyone).  I have always wondered about that, cuz the 2nd verse doesn't really answer. Kind of cryptic I've always thought.

It just Jesus was of saying #$^% happens.  It is one of Jesus' many Trade Marks :mrgreen:  people happen to think that Good people should be protected, by God. Jesus was just saying once again that no one is Good.

gmik

is God angry at indonesia
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 10:07:55 PM »

:idea: Making more sense.  thanks guys.

SteveB

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 11:03:01 PM »

sometimes people think that if something "nasty" happens to someone it must be because God is punishing them for some particularly "nasty" sin.

like if a homosexual trips over and before he can get up a guy on a bike runs over his goolies, someone might say ahhhhhh divine poetic justice. (eurghhh)

Jesus is reminding us all i think, particularly those that think that way, that unless we repent the second death awaits us all, homo and ceo, rich and poor, great and small etc etc.

Great Post!

God caused that earthquake in indo. and as He causes REAL earthquakes in our lives everday.

Only by the grace of God go I and thank God there is a resurection for those lost in that literal quake and the internal ones as well.

Peace...Steve

Daniel

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 11:41:43 PM »

Yeah look at what God allowed Satan to bring to bring upon Job. Gods own words concerning Job was that he was a perfect and upright man. These things coming upon Him exposed the hearts of his freinds.

Often the hearts of others are exposed during times like these. Like Jobs three freinds. None of them spoke what was right concerning God even though it contained "biblical jargon" in their speeches.

Job 42:47 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.[/u]

He didn't say anything concerning the fouth freind though :lol:

Looked as if "Job" needed prayer but Job needed to pray for "them"

What a "twist"

Daniel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.