bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The DAY(S) of the Lord?  (Read 4745 times)

josh

The DAY(S) of the Lord?
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »

In years past I have alwasy viewed the scriptures as a sequence of events over a huge timeline, some already fulfilled others happening here in the present and some still to come...

Yesterday, I posted a question concerning a prophectic statement in Amos 8:11, to determine whether it was a past, present, future, or generational occurence...

I am beginning to understand that the sum of the Word of God is applicable to every generation, and am very excited about this truth because I feel more alive in the story now that I know it ALL concerns me (and everyone else around me.)

But there is still one event I am unclear on how it could be applicable to all generations... "The Day of the Lord."

Isaiah 2:12
The LORD Almighty has A DAY in store
       for all the proud and lofty,
       for all that is exalted
       (and they will be humbled),

Isaiah 13:6
Wail, for the day of the LORD is near;
       it will come like destruction from the Almighty.

Isaiah 34:8
For the LORD has a day of vengeance,
       a year of retribution, to uphold Zion's cause.

Matthew 24:29-30

"Immediately after the distress of those days
   " 'the sun will be darkened,
      and the moon will not give its light;
   the stars will fall from the sky,
      and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

I could be way of base, and way out of context, but it seems that this is a specific event in time... if no one is yet in Heaven... if the judgement has not yet occured.... if all still wait in the grave.... when will they be released? Will it be one day or many?

I hope this question does not sound completely ignorant, it is difficult to start all over again.

Josh

orion77

The DAY(S) of the Lord?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 11:56:48 AM »

I perfectly understand, josh.  

His words are Spirit.  At the very beginning when He created the heavens and earth, the night came first, then the day.  What happens during the day?  It brings bright light that brings life to all.  We all go through the darkness first, until brought or dragged to the light (day).  That light burns the hay and stubble out of us, until the One left standing is Jesus in us.  We die daily, being crucified with Him.

"The day of the Lord", happens to us all.  Some now in each generation, the most at the great white throne judgment.  This day shall come, one way or the other, to us all.  There is no escaping the judgment of God.  This judgment is not what most christianity professes it to be.  

Gods love far surpasses human reasoning.  His will, plan, purpose and intent will be accomplished.  He is creating us in His image.

Hope this helps, there are others here who have greater knowledge than I.  

God bless,

Gary

Daniel

The DAY(S) of the Lord?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 12:49:16 PM »

Amen Josh it produces a LIVELY HOPE in you don't it? :D

That little word "day" we can so easily passover. Peter even speaks of being ignorant concerning a day and a thousand years.

Heres a few to add to the very thought you shared.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath "appointed A DAY, in the which he will "judge" the world in righteousness BY THAT MAN whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised "HIM" from the dead.

Romans 2:16 In THE DAY[/u] when God shall judge "the secrets of men" BY Jesus Christ[/b] according to my gospel.

1Thes 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of THE DAY[/u]: we are NOT of the night[/u], nor of darkness.

Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall NOT be shut at all BY DAY[/u]: for there shall be NO NIGHT THERE.

What HE OPENS NO MAN can SHUT, heaven is opened and the Gates are not shut by HIM (BY DAY). Theres a "swing on this" as an ENTRANCE is MINISTERED UNTO YOU.

Great observation :wink:

Daniel

dogcombat

The DAY(S) of the Lord?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 12:54:10 PM »

I agree Gary,

These verses from 2 Peter 3 come to mind

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The whole point of the Kingdom of God is that ALL things will be restored in God's appointed time.   Verse 8 makes you think about something.  
If 1 day with the Lord is as a thousand years, was the earth made in 6 chronological days? or 6 THOUSAND chronological years?  Verse 9 says to me that Chrisitandom's "hurry up and get saved so you'll be going to heaven" is a longstanding CROCK!  Verse 10 talks about cleansing by FIRE.  Christiandom has not one CLUE as to what role fire plays in the restoration.  

Just my 3 cents worth
Ches

Daniel

The DAY(S) of the Lord?
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 01:24:49 PM »

Thought YOU might like this Josh, seeing you are expectantly in the here and now and Him being "the day". He is the "day star" or "morning star" IF this dont get you excited nothing will :lol:

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that "loveth me": and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will MANIFEST MYSELF "TO HIM." :idea:

Rev 22:16 I Jesus[/u] have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things[/u] in the churches. I AM the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and MORNING STAR.[/u]

Rev 2 :28 And I will "GIVE HIM" the MORNING STAR.[/u] (He GIVES HIMSELF)

2Peter 1:19 We have also a MORE SURE word "of prophecy" whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, "as unto a light" that shineth in a dark place, UNTIL THE DAY dawn, and THE DAY STAR  (Morning Star) ARISE in your HEARTS:[/u]

John 16:22 but I will see you again, and YOUR HEART shall REJOICE, and YOUR JOY no man taketh from you.

Lets flip prophecy over

Mathew 2:10 WHEN they SAW THE STAR, they REJOICED with exceeding GREAT JOY.[/u]

HE Arises in ones HEART (the one the world CANNOT accept because it SEETH HIM NOT).

1Peter 1:8 Whom having "not seen" ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye REJOICE with JOY UNSPEAKABLE and FULL OF GLORY:[/u]

THE JOY OF "the LORD" is our STRENGTH "HE" is also THE END (Rev 21:6 and 22:13)

1Peter 1:9 "Receiving" THE END of your faith, EVEN the SALVATION of your souls.

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, NOW is come SALVATION, and STRENGTH, and the kingdom of our God, and the POWER of HIS CHRIST: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

There is ONE who accuseth you MOSES in whom you trust, the Law is NOT of faith, there is NO condemnation in Christ. A GOOD CONSCIENCE.

The new heaven and earth we look for is "wherein" DWELLETH "Righteousness" of which The Kingdom is of. Not of word but power.

Daniel

edited a zillion times for bad unlining  :oops:

ertsky

The DAY(S) of the Lord?
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 04:09:26 PM »

2nd Thessalonians chapter two  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.