bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tabernacle and the Cross  (Read 8485 times)

deftarchangel

The Tabernacle and the Cross
« on: January 08, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »

I have another question (I seem to be full of ‘em these days  ;D).  I didn’t know which forum to post this in, and so my apologies if I chose the wrong one.  A friend of mine (who had actually been the one to introduce me to the truths of the salvation of all and such) had mentioned to me once that the tabernacle (that carried the Ark of the Covenant, and had the Holy of Holies etc.) that Moses and his followers carried around with them during their time after they left Egypt, had an interesting characteristic.  According to the dimensions and descriptions of the tabernacle outlined in Leviticus (?), if one were to take an aerial or topographical view of the tabernacle, one would find that it was actually in the shape of a cross!  :o  I found that to be amazing, though not all that surprising, given the way God works and how He arranges so many things to match up with other things.  But I tried to find verification of this on the net, and there were too many results to sift through.  I was wondering if anyone out there has ever heard of this fact, and could indeed verify it.  I could be wrong, in that I’m remembering the wrong book of the Old Testament, or the wrong structure (ie., he may have said the Temple in Jerusalem, which I think is the same thing....or perhaps not, or perhaps some other tabernacle....if there was one.....as you can tell, I'm rubbish when it comes to history! ???  :-\).  I’d have to ask my friend again to verify, but I thought I’d throw this out there, on the off chance that someone else may have heard of this and could verify, just to satisfy my curiousity about it.  :)

Anyways, thanks for your time.

Rob ^i^ 

smeacham

Re: The Tabernacle and the Cross
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 03:52:14 PM »

That's not the only place a cross shows up...

Alfred Edersheim states that the high priest, inside the temple, poured oil on the weekly shewbread loaves in the shape of a cross. He also says that the cross was the sign the high priest made at the altar with the wave offerings.  I think it's based on Ezekiel 9:4, but I can't follow up, since I'm at work.

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:48:36 PM »

It seems to me that there have been many post lately about a lot of the physical aspects in the bible.

There is a website that shows how all the tribes of Judah are lined up around the ark /tabernacle tent...in the wilderness and their arrangement is shaped like the Cross....so what?.

Joh 4:23 But there cometh an hour, and, now, is,-when, the real worshippers, shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for, even the Father, is seeking, such as these, as his worshippers.

It seems that many are like those in babylon looking for signs and wonders. These things do not help ones faith, they tantalize the mind.

I no longer care in most of these things  why should I care if the priest waved in the sign of the cross or in circles or zig zagged.....it is all physical

We need to stop looking  at "things" and trying to try to find God... in them     

rather we need to

Be Looking at God.....and finding all things.... in Him

Psa 25:4  Show me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

Beloved

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:21:13 PM »

Wow! Beloved, that's good, straight talk! Your usual way of putting it! :o
Good advice! :D
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »

As far as symbols go; they are only good for pointing to someplace you do not yet know
how to find. Once you find it, the symbol is no longer needed because you have found
what it was pointing to. These Scriptures are here to remind us of what we are to do
and also not to do; if we are to continue into the strait Gate.

Exodus 32:8:
They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them
a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be your
gods, O Israel, which have brought you up out of the land of Egypt.

Numbers 22:23:
And the as s saw the angel of the Lord waiting in the road with his sword in his hand; and turning
from the road, the as s went into the field; and Balaam gave the as s blows, to get her back on
to the road.

Deuteronomy 9:12:
And the Lord said to me, Get up now, and go down quickly from this place; for the people you
have taken out of Egypt have given themselves over to evil; they have quickly been turned from
the way in which I gave them orders to go; they have made themselves a metal image.

Deuteronomy 31:29:
For I am certain that after my death you will give yourselves up to sin, wandering from the way
which I have given you; and evil will overtake you in the end, because you will do evil in the eyes
of the Lord, moving him to wrath by the work of your hands.

I Samuel 12:20:
Then Samuel said to the people, Have no fear: truly you have done evil, but do not be turned
away from the Lord; be his servants with all your heart;

I Samuel 12:21:
And do not go from the right way turning to those false gods in which there is no profit and no
salvation, for they are false.

Matthew 7:13:
Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:

Hebrews 12:1:
For this reason, as we are circled by so great a cloud of witnesses, putting off every weight, and
the sin into which we come so readily, let us keep on running in the way which is marked out for us,

george. :)

smeacham

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 12:43:45 AM »

As far as symbols go; they are only good for pointing to someplace you do not yet know
how to find. Once you find it, the symbol is no longer needed because you have found
what it was pointing to. These Scriptures are here to remind us of what we are to do

...snip...

In the case of the cross, you may be right.  But, with all humility and respect, I can't agree that all Old Testament symbols are good for nothing once you find what it points to, because the don't only point, they illuminate.

I know that the Tabernacle and the Festivals (which Ray has written about) are filled with all kinds of light, when one looks long and hard enough.  In fact, that light wouldn't be seen until the object the symbol points to is known, but once it's known, the symbols can reveal all kinds of details and wonderful delights that wouldn't be seen otherwise.

Nonetheless, we must all insist on letting Ray be the one to reveal these to Bible-Truths.com, not us on the forums.  George gave plenty of scriptures above that show what can happen when this is done carelessly.  Ray is many (good) things, but not careless.

Steve

deftarchangel

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 02:02:30 AM »

Thanks for the answers and advice.  I’d just like to point out, however, that in no way was I trying to imply that any answers to my question would make or break my faith in God or the Scriptures.  I was not in any way (at least in my mind) seeking after signs and wonders.  It was simply a “fun fact” of the Old Testament that someone had pointed out to me once, and was merely a minor curiosity that I was mildly intrigued by since it yet again confirmed the Scriptures for me (much like the folded napkin did in John 20:7).  It was not something that was of paramount importance or something that I was compulsively obsessed with, and I apologize for any confusion.

Anyways, I will take all answers and advice with thanksgiving, love and peace, and will now move on.   :)

Kind regards,

Rob

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 11:09:02 AM »

Rob you wrote
Thanks for the answers and advice.  I’d just like to point out, however, that in no way was I trying to imply that any answers to my question would make or break my faith in God or the Scriptures

I was not implying that you were doing this just noting a tendency. Many people are given the revelations of universal salvation and no hell but still cling to these things.
Do you realize how many things in nature look like a cross...the dogwod flower, lamnin certain mountain ranges...the babyloneans are seeing some of these but they are using them as "hooks" to tantalize and get you to donate or buy their books and listen to their false teaching that they have been mixed in.

I guess what I was trying to remind myself an all of us is that these things are shadows of the real thing. We are to be the light....if you are looking at the shadow your back is away from the light...I want to face The Light...The Light will show me all the "things"  I am constantly amazed by things I have been shone but more so about the fact that God is showing someone like me all these things.

beloved

deftarchangel

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 03:15:47 PM »

No worries.  Thanks for clearing that up.   :D

Rob

E. Woods

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 05:50:57 PM »

Thanks for the answers and advice.  I’d just like to point out, however, that in no way was I trying to imply that any answers to my question would make or break my faith in God or the Scriptures.  I was not in any way (at least in my mind) seeking after signs and wonders.  It was simply a “fun fact” of the Old Testament that someone had pointed out to me once, and was merely a minor curiosity that I was mildly intrigued by since it yet again confirmed the Scriptures for me (much like the folded napkin did in John 20:7).  It was not something that was of paramount importance or something that I was compulsively obsessed with, and I apologize for any confusion.

Anyways, I will take all answers and advice with thanksgiving, love and peace, and will now move on.   :)

Kind regards,

Rob

Hello Rob
I hope it didn't get to you to bad about some of the answers you got.
It seems to me that there is a few people that want to make themselves feel great and make you feel
as though you have less knowledge than they have.
a poor example of christian love.  bunch of Pharisees.  Hang in there,   Earl

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 02:59:21 AM »

Hi Steve,

Sorry it took so long to answer; :-[ my point is that we are in the race to finish.
The symbols are there to teach us where from, and how to, or not to do, so
we don't repeat the mistakes of Israel (carnal). We instead are to rest in The
Finished Works of Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ; and press on towards The
Prize (Drawing Ever Closer to God) as He Enables us.

We now have The Earnest of The Spirit to Guide and Teach and Correct and
Educate us into The Truths about The Kingdom Of The Heavens. The Things
that were never revealed to The Prophets and those of old; we have been
shown.

I could go on for a month on this but that was my main reason for that post
to answer those questions with those Scriptures. Now for a few Scriptures on
where our focus should be.

Just my understanding at this point.

I Corinthians 9:24:
Know ye not that, they who, in a racecourse, run, all, indeed, run,—but, one, receiveth the prize?
So, be running, that ye may lay hold.

II Corinthians 3: 6-11
6-who also made us qualified helpers of a new covenant, not of a document, but of a Spirit, for the
document kills but the Spirit makes alive.

7-But if the administration of death in writings engraved on stones occurred in glory, so that the sons
of Israel could not gaze upon the face of Moses because of the fading glory of his countenance,

8-how will the administration of the Spirit not be more in glory?

9-For if the administration of condemnation has glory, the administration of righteousness excels much more in glory.

10-For also that which has been glorified, has not been glorified in this regard, because of the glory that transcends.

11For if that which is abolished was through glory, much more that which remains is in glory.

Philippians 3:14:
I press forward toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I Peter 5:10:
Now the God of all grace, the One calling you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, you having suffered a little,
He Himself will perfect, confirm, strengthen, establish you .

...snip...

In the case of the cross, you may be right.  But, with all humility and respect, I can't agree that all Old Testament symbols are good for nothing once you find what it points to, because the don't only point, they illuminate.

I know that the Tabernacle and the Festivals (which Ray has written about) are filled with all kinds of light, when one looks long and hard enough.  In fact, that light wouldn't be seen until the object the symbol points to is known, but once it's known, the symbols can reveal all kinds of details and wonderful delights that wouldn't be seen otherwise.

Nonetheless, we must all insist on letting Ray be the one to reveal these to Bible-Truths.com, not us on the forums.  George gave plenty of scriptures above that show what can happen when this is done carelessly.  Ray is many (good) things, but not careless.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.