bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer needed!  (Read 9166 times)

Heidi

Prayer needed!
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:07:29 AM »

My beloved family in the Lord.....I praise God that He finds me worthy in that I am going through a real time of trial and tribulation at the moment.  I have not been able to come to the forum because things have been extremely upside down in my household.....it is now 3am NZ time and I find myself yet again not able to sleep!.

We found out that my oldest daughter is addicted to the highly dangerous drug "P"...she has been using it now for about 7 months.....the arguments and stress involved since finding out she is using it has been very exhausting and then there is also having to look after my husband and him having had his surgery......

I find myself being spiritually, emotionally and physically tired.....I know that God has preordained all this to happen....but why, what am I to overcome in this situation?  How can I be there for my daughter?  Do I need to exercise tough love?  I don't know.....it is all pretty screwed up at the moment.

Please pray for my daughter......

Love and longing
Heidi

Beloved

Re: Prayer needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:15:57 AM »

Jeusus himself said ....When two or more are gathered in His Name....

well all of us the forum who are of one like mind , will join you in prayers during this tribulation. We will pray that God will give you and your family and daughter strength to endure.

beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »

Jeusus himself said ....When two or more are gathered in His Name....

well all of us the forum who are of one like mind , will join you in prayers during this tribulation. We will pray that God will give you and your family and daughter strength to endure.

beloved

Same here Heidi...you and your family are in our prayers. These tribulations we face are never joyous, but will produce the perfect spiritual fruit in you. Try to stay strong and keep the faith.

Marques

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:33:39 AM »

I thank you both Beloved and Marques for your kind words and prayers....."when two or more are gathered in His Name....
well all of us the forum who are of one like mind "

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:01:22 PM »

Heidi,

Prayers have been and will be said for you and your family in need.

I Kings 8:30:
Give ear to the prayers of your servant, and the prayers of your people Israel, when they make
their prayers, turning to this place; give ear in heaven your living-place, and hearing, have mercy.

george. :)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »

I find myself being spiritually, emotionally and physically tired.....I know that God has preordained all this to happen....but why, what am I to overcome in this situation?  How can I be there for my daughter?  Do I need to exercise tough love?  I don't know.....it is all pretty screwed up at the moment.

Please pray for my daughter......

Love and longing
Heidi

Heidi,

My heart and my prayers go out to you and your family.  This is a very painful trial you are in the mist of, but the Lord will not fail you.  Continue to pray for strength and wisdom to endure whatever happens next.  I can honestly say that I have grown the most spiritually after enduring my most painful trials.

René

smeacham

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:32 PM »

Heidi,

A prayer for you, and some scriptures to cling to...

Dear Heavenly Father, my Sister Heidi feels very weak and tired.  Her daughter is in trouble, and this comes so soon after her previous trials.  She doesn't feel the strength to go on, or know what You want her to do now.  But You, Lord, are her strength and know all things.  Please show Heidi that it is times like this that she doesn't need to be strong, because You are with her.  Please show her that she is strongest when she is on her knees.  Let Your power work through her to resolve this situation according to Your perfect will, Father.  As You guide her steps, please let her feel Your Spirit in her inner being, and know the love of Christ and feel Your fullness within her.  Let her know that she will not misstep and that she need not worry about doing the wrong thing, because You are in control.

I also ask that you give the same comfort and assurance to her husband and others that love and worry about the daughter.  Nobody is strong enough for trials like this by themselves.

Finally, Lord, let your will be done in the life of Heidi's daughter.  I trust that Your purpose in this is righteous and will be accomplished.  You know my heart and why I'm asking.  May it be Your will that the emptiness that she is trying to fill with drugs now will be filled with something much better, later.

Amen

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Ephesians 3:14-19 - For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Robin

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 05:28:21 AM »

I will pray for your family and your daughter Heidi.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 05:40:50 AM »

We all need one anothers intercessions prayers for God to give us the blessing of His Mercy and Pity and Encouragement. After all, God did send and angel to comfort and strengthen His own Son and we too need no less for our personal trials, disappointments and sufferings we are appointed to experience.

I have prayed for you Heidi. Please pray also for me and my family as we too are experiencing deep tribulations and trials which by contrast are unable to cancel or destroy the fact that we are not forsaken or abandoned and never shall be. I think you too can draw comfort in knowing that this is true for you too and for your daughter. us all too who may or may not be expressing personal trials and sufferings if you have not done so and if you have, please keep your prayers going up to our Father and wonderful Creator Jesus Christ.

Thank you my sister in trials

Arc

Heidi

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 07:47:12 AM »

I Kings 8:30:
Give ear to the prayers of your servant, and the prayers of your people Israel, when they make
their prayers, turning to this place; give ear in heaven your living-place, and hearing, have mercy.

George...thank you for this verse.....to me it is an intersessor's prayer....and the prayers of your people Israel...what a wonderful God we serve in that we can ask of Him to give ear to our prayers....I am humbled.

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 07:49:10 AM »

.....I can honestly say that I have grown the most spiritually after enduring my most painful trials.

Thank you Rene.....you have given me something to look forward too.....spiritual growth :)

Heidi

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Ephesians 3:14-19 - For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Steve.... :'(....thank you my brother in Christ

Heidi

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »

We all need one anothers intercessions prayers for God to give us the blessing of His Mercy and Pity and Encouragement. After all, God did send and angel to comfort and strengthen His own Son and we too need no less for our personal trials, disappointments and sufferings we are appointed to experience.

I have prayed for you Heidi. Please pray also for me and my family as we too are experiencing deep tribulations and trials which by contrast are unable to cancel or destroy the fact that we are not forsaken or abandoned and never shall be. I think you too can draw comfort in knowing that this is true for you too and for your daughter. us all too who may or may not be expressing personal trials and sufferings if you have not done so and if you have, please keep your prayers going up to our Father and wonderful Creator Jesus Christ.

Thank you my sister in trials

Arc

I too will pray for you and your family and it comforting to know that I am not forsaken or abandoned and never shall be.  Halleluyah.

Samson

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »

Hello Heidi,

Sorry to hear about your Tribulations, my prayers are extended in behalf of
                your Family. It's most difficult when faced with two or more Trials at once.
                On one hand, you have your Husbands Surgery and subsequent recovery
                and on the other hand, your Daughters drug problem, it can make one feel
                like a rubberband pulled in different directions.

I don't want to sound too ignorant, but What is the Drug P, never heard of it.

May God watch over you and direct your steps and choices while
                                dealing with this Trial.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Linny

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »

Heidi,
It hurts so much when you are in the midst of it but be mindful of this...

Act 14:22
(CEV)  They encouraged the followers and begged them to remain faithful. They told
them, "We have to suffer a lot before we can get into God's kingdom."

Rom 5:3  But that's not all! We gladly suffer, because we know that suffering helps us to endure.
Rom 5:4  And endurance builds character, which gives us a hope
Rom 5:5  that will never disappoint us

1Pe 1:6
(ASV)  Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, ye have been put to grief in manifold trials,

1Pe 1:7

(CEV)  Your faith will be like gold that has been tested in a fire. And these trials will prove that your faith is worth much more than gold that can be destroyed. They will show that you will be given praise and honor and glory when Jesus Christ returns.

My trials which I used to be so confused about, are what brought me to the place I am today. God needs to grow my faith and He uses trials to do it.
We come out victoriously when we give our pain and our trials back to Him.

Mat 11:28  If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29  Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest.
Mat 11:30  This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.

It is a tough process but I don't think any of us here will get to the place He wants us without it.
I now truly count myself blessed for my trials which give me a hope no one can take away from me and more faith than I ever had before.

Joh 16:33
(CEV)  I have told you this, so that you might have peace in your hearts because of me. While you are in the world, you will have to suffer. But cheer up! I have defeated the world.

You and your precious daughter are in my prayers for a victorious ending to your trial!

Bless You!
Lin

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »

My prayers are definitely with you and your family.
Hugs,
Kathy :'(

judith collier

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 06:14:51 PM »

Heidi and Arcturus, you will always be victorious for God is quite able. I remember raising 4 very lively children and all that went with it and their carnality. Do not let fear enter, catch it quickly with God's word even if you have to say it a 100 times a day and take one day at a time because you will need patience. Don't make yourself sick by not sleeping, when things were really bad here and I couldn't sleep the doctor gave me meds. It helped immensly. Many years later (now) I look back and wonder why I ever worried because we came through everything and God blessed. Was it easy, NO? It's horrible going through, I had 4 teenagers at once. They all turned out o.k. and doing well but if I told you what some of them did it would make your hair stand on end. I prayed for them continually and at times I wanted to give up but don't!! I promise if you hang in there and let us all pray eventually all will be well. Judith

Jackie Lee

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 10:59:31 PM »

Heidi am praying for you and your family.

Heidi

Re: Prayer ne.eded!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.....to update on the situation. 

My daughter has finally admitted that she is drug dependent but not willing to give it up.....as a consequence she is now moving out of the house.....my heart is breaking as a mother, but I know also that she needs to go.  I pray that Abba will protect her and that once she is sitting in between the pigs that she will realise what she has at home.

It has been extremely stressful hear at home......God has been good to me in that through this ordeal I have only been able to give Him praise.  May all this be to the glory of His kingdom and glorify His name.

Again....thank you all for your prayers.

Love
Heidi
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:11:05 AM by Heidi »

smeacham

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 12:55:31 PM »

Heidi,

Let's just say that I had a similar experience with my oldest daughter.  She did return home after about a month, and our relationship is significantly improved.  God can and will still work in your situation.

Steve
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.