bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Name it and claim it????  (Read 12290 times)

jennie

Name it and claim it????
« on: January 09, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »

Have ya'll heard this on the t.v. There are preachers that say if your faith is big enough God will bless you with material goods. I don't get it. Are we not supposed to think of others first and do for them? If you can "name it and claim it" ....here goes. Longhorn is President with Musicman the Vice and Ninny the pres. advisor and Craif "a.k.a. Barney Fife will be the diplomatic ambassador to lighten everyone up with humor so we won't have wars, my husband will have a job. we won't be sinking with our debts right now, the country is no longer in recession and every person has all there needs met! Now , if it doesn't happen ya'll will know I don't have enough faith. It is hard to hear that stuff when life is kicking you down you know? That is why I changed the channel. Much love to all, Jennie

Carlos31

Re: Name it and claim it????
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:00:07 PM »

whether you have faith or not, does not mean you will get materials, but a man that has materials is blessed by God and SHOULD thank him.

If you don't you should still thank him for what you have, health, life, and other stuff.

Just yesterday there was an earthquake here and 4 persons died.

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »

Jennie,
I know exactly what you're saying. The name-it-and-claim-it folks have some screws loose to say the least! Oh so I guess if you've got money problems and your husband lost his job and your kids are sick, it's all because sister, YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FAITH! I could borrow some nice words from Longhorn and Musicman, but I am a lady so I won't!! ;D That is so much BULL!!
oooh, cool I always wanted to be the presidential adviser!!  :o Heehee! :D Yep, I'm feeling all political right now!! 8)

Carlos, I'm so sorry for those who died in the earthquake.
I can tell you if I had a lot of wealth I'd be thankful! I'm thankful for everyday I wake up alive!! For every time I open my eyes and can see, Ray said in one of his studies that he goes to sleep every night thanking God for all his blessings. When I heard that I said I'm going to do that, too! I thank God everyday that he healed my grandson of his brain tumor! If you think there is anything we should be thankful for in this life just wake up and look at your little 2 year old grandson with a scar going down the back of his head and a little eye that slightly crosses, and a little leg that's weaker than the other one then my friend you tell someone to be thankful for what God gives you! You'll be too busy falling down on your face daily crying to God in thankfulness for every moment you have, because God gives it and He can take it away! :'( I can hear them now with their phony tears "Oh, Praise the Lord my child was sick and I just didn't have the faith to see him healed! So I started planting 'Faith seeds' and with in a week my boy was healed and the Lord blessed me with so much money I was able to buy a new Mercedes!"
Whew! I feel better now! Sorry Carlos I wasn't  meaning to yell at YOU, it's those dimwits the name it claim it people! OH! They need a reality check! :P
Kathy :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 04:14:05 PM »

I once was in the name it claim it movement.
I never was so physically without, sometimes even having food was a treat.
Yet these preachers would say give according to your need, If I had not given to the church I would have had food.
All I can say now after this deceitful practice is COME OUT don't wait until your flat on your face.
I lost a lot of finances during this more than 20 years, but am so grateful God showed me the truth.
The *Name it claim it* is such Liars.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Carlos31

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 05:41:37 PM »

::)

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »

What is name it and claim it???

Eileen

Jackie Lee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:17:44 PM »

Give and it will be given.
They are taking a verse and using it to say the more you give the more you recieve.
That is how It was in the pentacostal church I was in, it never worked like that for me I just got poorer and poorer.
The church was using this to say we will have, the more you give the more you get.
Give out of your need.
I finally realized this was spiritual.

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 07:27:44 PM »

Also, Ray did a great bible study from June 2008 about this same heretical practice: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Marques

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 11:03:58 PM »

Hey Eileen,

I have friends who are still in this movement.
It all boils down to you wanting something and claiming it before its yours.
If you don't get it then your convinced by your pastor that you do not have enough faith to receive it.
So how do you solve the problem? Give more tithes and offering!!
Watch out when they actually get what they wanted, the boasting never ends!

"Name it claim it"
"Believe it receive it"

This little formula has people walking around thinking there entitled to things that do not belong to them.
its a very deceiving heretical practice and all materialistic!

This section of I Corinthians comes to mind:

1Co 4:6  Friends, I have used Apollos and myself as examples to teach you the meaning of the saying, "Follow the rules." I want you to stop saying that one of us is better than the other.
1Co 4:7  What is so special about you? What do you have that you were not given? And if it was given to you, how can you brag?
1Co 4:8  Are you already satisfied? Are you now rich? Have you become kings while we are still nobodies? I wish you were kings. Then we could have a share in your kingdom.

Contemporary English Version

Rays Audio on Sowing Spiritual Seed is very good!!
You should listen when you can Eileen
Hopes this helps!

Antaiwan

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 12:34:15 AM »

Thanks Antaiwan.  That really cleared it up for me.  Sounds like "the power of positive thinking" as if I could think things into being or happening.  I am glad I was never introduced to that "movement".  It's amazing that people could actually buy into that and in spite of scripture to boot.

Thank you God for showing me the way.

Eileen

Sorin

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 12:49:31 AM »

So God's like a genie? Excellent!

-Sarcasm

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 12:56:35 AM »

Yeah, God's their Genie! Ha! Some churches are more subtle with it. They just tell you to plant seeds of faith and God will grow you a miracle or God will bless you in some way. It makes you almost afraid NOT to pay tithes when you are into it. It's a very controlling mentality they have.
Makes you sick and nervous until you know what the scam is!

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 01:08:30 AM »

Amen, Dennis! God is the One who gives us gifts FREELY without any help from us! ;D

Antaiwan, don't forget this one..Blab it and grab it! That little short preacher from Louisiana white haired guy, can't think of his name, the one who loves to buy cars? BIG "blab it and grab it" guy! I know some people who used to be in his church, they said "Oh he gives away a LOT of money every year!"...whatever! :P
Kathy ;)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 01:21:39 AM »

Hi Ninny
Jessie Duplantis I believe, he was the one that went to heaven and had Abraham and Moses for a neighbor. HAHA
Honestly it is hard to imagine that people fall for the name it claim it blab it grab it, but I did for a time desperate people do desperate things.
It is really sad for me to think about, because my 2 girls grew up in that, so it is hard for one daughter to trust now,  the other is a converted Catholic.
 I feel pretty sad about it all.

EKnight

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 01:22:19 AM »

Do these ministers actually speak those words aloud? "blab it, grab it" and "name it claim it" "believe it receive it"???  Seriously?  :-\  ???

Eileen

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 03:54:55 AM »

whether you have faith or not, does not mean you will get materials, but a man that has materials is blessed by God and SHOULD thank him.

If you don't you should still thank him for what you have, health, life, and other stuff.

Just yesterday there was an earthquake here and 4 persons died.

hi carlos,
i was reading about the earthquake in costa rica on the internet news and thought about you. i said a prayer for your safety.

claudia

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »

Do these ministers actually speak those words aloud? "blab it, grab it" and "name it claim it" "believe it receive it"???  Seriously?  :-\  ???

Eileen

Yes they do, though I never heard anyone say blab it grab it?
I have heard name it claim it and believe it receive it many times! There are also songs with this phrase in it.
The scriptures they use to justify this practice are:

Mar 11:23  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mar 11:24  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

They believe it is by their faith that these things can happen and not by the faith of Christ.
Jesus also says that by prayer only can these things be and he gave the example of how we should pray.
Its not rubbing a lamp and God pops out and grants you any wish you desire.

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eileen,
I came out of the baptist church and this practice is the norm. It is really deep with them. All this carry's over to the Word of Faith Movement also. I would just say stay away from anyone practicing this at its core its superstition.
They believe anything you say out of your mouth will manifest itself into physical things.
Its really ridiculous :P

Hope this helps you
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

EKnight

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 02:24:18 AM »

Antaiwan,

Just one more question.  How does this "name it claim it" thing translate into tithing?  I mean regarding the scripture you quoted.  I don't see how they use that to get you to tithe.  Sounds like all one would have to do is pray for it and believe it so why tithe?

Eileen

Robin

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 06:29:14 AM »

A long time ago the 700 club was telling everyone that God could deliver them from smoking. They told the listeners to show their faith by sending them the money they would normally spend on cigarettes. If they did that they had enough faith to be healed of smoking. You would claim your healing by sending them the money.

Others said the more money you sent the more God would multiply it and give it back to you. The more you gave the wealthier you would become.

They all twist scripture to back it up.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.