bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritual songs  (Read 4726 times)

stephen

Spiritual songs
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:03:42 AM »

I'm looking for some clarification on the phrase "spiritual songs" as it appears in;

Eph 5:19  speaking one to another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;

Col 3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts unto God.

Thanks

Stephen

stephen

Re: Spiritual songs
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:24:07 PM »

Thanks for your response Roger. In the traditional church I come from we were taught that 1 Corinthians 14:15 refers to singing or praying in tongues, which contradicts the teaching of Ray. I've always had problems with the modern day Christian gibberish and cant see how that in any way can be  "sign" to unbelievers and agree with Ray that tongues must surely refer to a language of the day. What then does singing or praying in the spirit refer to.

God Bless

Stephen

legoman

Re: Spiritual songs
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:17:34 AM »

Matthew 19:24
"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God
."

A person can also be rich in traditions, history, ideals, carnality.......etc.

Wow, good insight Rodger.  I never considered this meaning of "rich" before.

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.