bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Leavened/Unleavened  (Read 12211 times)

EKnight

Leavened/Unleavened
« on: January 10, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »

Could someone explain to me the significance of leavened/unleavened bread?

Eileen

aqrinc

Re: Leavened/Unleavened
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 01:03:07 AM »

Hi Eileen,

I have been getting a better understanding of this question in the last few days. This is
what i understand so far, as used in The Scriptures, dual types:

Exodus 12:15:
Seven days shall you eat unleavened bread; even the first day you shall put away leaven
out of your houses: for whoever eats leavened bread from the first day until the seventh
day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.

Signifying separation from Egypt (physical); separation from all Egyptian Idol Worship (Spiritual)

Luke 12:1:
In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people,
so that they stepped one on another, he began to say to his disciples first of all, Beware
you of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

The corrupting of the Gospel Of The Kingdom by the pharisees (physical),
The corruption Of the Gospel Of The kingdom through the Age by the pharisaic Church (Spiritual).

Matthew 13:33:
Another story he gave to them: The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took,
and put in three measures of meal, till it was all leavened.

In Matthews the opposite; leaven in a Good way; A little leaven (Gospel of the Kingdom) Leavens The Whole Lump.

george. :)

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »

Luke 12:1:
In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people,
so that they stepped one on another, he began to say to his disciples first of all, Beware
you of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

The corrupting of the Gospel Of The Kingdom by the pharisees (physical),
The corruption Of the Gospel Of The kingdom through the Age by the pharisaic Church (Spiritual).

Another story he gave to them: The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took,

In Matthews the opposite; leaven in a Good way; A little leaven (Gospel of the Kingdom) Leavens The Whole Lump.

Hmmmm, sounds a little like you reap what you sow?  For example, if I am infectious, that is, I can effect people around me, either with good or bad.  That is the leaven.   ??? ??? ???

Eileen

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 01:41:21 AM »

Currently, i am able to understand this much; if someone else has more understanding we
will see and learn more. Meanwhile i will keep on reading the Scriptures, listening to and
reading Ray's lessons and Pray for the ability to understand and communicate God's Word
when called upon. Here are 3 more Scriptures that address that question.

Remember Ray's teaching on the parables;

Mark 4:13:
And he said to them, Know you not this parable? and how then will you know all parables?

Matthew 16:6:
And Jesus said to them, Take care to have nothing to do with the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Matthew 16:11:
How is it that you do not see that I was not talking to you about bread, but about keeping away from the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees?

Matthew 16:12:
Then they saw that it was not the leaven of bread which he had in mind, but the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 01:50:46 AM by aqr »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »

Jesus did not tolerate hypocrites and He rebuked hypocrisy and He exposed double minded, two faced dishonesty.

Arc

Kat

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »

Hi Eileen,

Hmmmm, sounds a little like you reap what you sow?  For example, if I am infectious, that is, I can effect people around me, either with good or bad.  That is the leaven.

I think where leaven is concerned it is 'infectious.'

Gal 5:9  A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

But is Scripture it usually is connected with being 'puffed up' in a negative sense.

Hab 2:4  "Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Col 2:18  Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

1Co 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles--that a man has his father's wife!
1Co 5:2  And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you.

1Co 5:6  Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
v. 7  Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.

1Ti 3:6  He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Co 13:4  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;

Just a few Scriptures for you to consider on this matter.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »

Ray's whole premise of his teachings is that the Bible is a parable ....so duh folks.... the kingdom is like.....

three measures of meal
mixed with leaven

Jesus said I am the Light   I am the Bread    I am Truth

Light dispels Darkness  Truth dispels Error   Bread feeds and Nourishes dispels hunger or want

Since you asked about bread lets look at what the scripture shows us
Note Matthew and Luke tell us but Mark makes no mention of this parable

Mat 13:33  Another simile spake he to them: `The reign of the heavens is like to leaven, which a woman having taken, hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.'

Luk 13:21  It is like leaven, which a woman, having taken, did hide in three measures of meal , till that all was leavened.'

In the OT
When the Lord and Angels appeared to Abraham before Sodom was destroyed

Gen 18:6  And Abraham hasteth towards the tent, unto Sarah, and saith, `Hasten three measures of flour-meal, knead, and make cakes;'

Noticed hastened...no time like when Israel left Egypt they were told to prepare their bread

Exo 12:11  `And thus ye do eat it: your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand, and ye have eaten it in haste; it is Jehovah's passover,   so now you see Sarah was serving the heavenlies...what else would they eat?

Leaven causes fermentation..a type of decomposition

There are three crops harvested...three feast :   barley  wheat and grapes
When leaven is added to these three ....fermentation occurs

Wait a second   ???  ...barley does not ferment ....leaven has no effect

The few loaves of barley the boy had...the few and the many   Only John mentions the type of bread  in the miracles

Joh 6:9  There is one little lad here who hath five barley loaves, and two fishes, but these--what are they to so many?
Joh 6:13  they gathered together, therefore, and filled twelve hand-baskets with broken pieces, from the five barley loaves that were over to those having eaten]

The barley represents his elect....they were given grace..five, and will be broken into 12..number of foundation

(Mar 13:22)  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Even is is was possible to deceive (leaven) but it is not because God has sealed these

In Egypt during the exodus the barley was smitten so the passover bread they were making was wheat
(Exo 9:31)  And the flax and the barley have been smitten, for the barley is budding, and the flax forming flowers,
(Exo 9:32)  and the wheat and the rye have not been smitten, for they are late.

God was not going to let them eat leavened bread  The bread they ate therefore HAD TO BE UNLEAVEN...in order for them to be delivered

Oh there are so many witnesses in the scriptures when like Ray says you read ALL the words, here is one in Elisha that I like

(2Ki 4:38)  And Elisha hath turned back to Gilgal, and the famine is in the land, and the sons of the prophets are sitting before him, and he saith to his young man, `Set on the great pot, and boil pottage for the sons of the prophets.'

(2Ki 4:39)  And one goeth out unto the field to gather herbs, and findeth a vine of the field, and gathereth of it gourds of the field--the fulness of his garment--and cometh in and splitteth them  into the pot of pottage, for they knew  them not;

(2Ki 4:40)  and they pour out for the men to eat, and it cometh to pass at their eating of the pottage, that they have cried out, and say, `Death is in the pot, O man of God!' and they have not been able to eat.

(2Ki 4:41)  And he saith, `Then bring ye meal;' and he casteth into the pot, and saith, `Pour out for the people, and they eat;' and there was no evil thing in the pot.

(2Ki 4:42)  And a man hath come from Baal-Shalishah, and bringeth in to the man of God bread of first-fruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of grain in its husk, and he saith, `Give to the people, and they eat.'

the meal and bread represent the truth of God and dispels the “death in the pot”. This “meal”, no doubt, typically refers to the restoration of the truth concerning the life and earthly pathway of Jesus, which has been lost to sight more or less since the orthodox church established herself. The WOMAN has PUT the Leven in the three measures of the world.

The story of Ruth is a shadow of the marriage feast of the bride and Christ ..it all occurs in the barley harvest

(Ruth 3:2)  and now, is not Boaz of our acquaintance, with whose young women thou hast been? lo, he is winnowing the threshing-floor of barley tonight,
(Rth 3:15)  And he saith, `Give the covering which is on thee, and keep hold on it;' and she keepeth hold on it, and he measureth six measures of barley, and layeth it on her; and he goeth into the city.
(Rth 3:17)  And she saith, `These six measures of barley he hath given to me, for he said, Thou dost not go in empty unto thy mother-in-law.'
(Rth 3:18)  And she saith, `Sit still, my daughter, till thou dost know how the matter falleth, for the man doth not rest except he hath completed the matter today.'

Now to tie it all together

The first lesson in the Bible,  is that “the evening and the morning were the first day”. The Hebrew root of the “evening” means “mixture” or “mingling together”, while that of the “morning” means “separation” or “distinguishing between

So the putting away of “leaven” (our thoughts, which are not God’s thoughts) means the receiving of His thoughts – for if you put away darkness, you cannot help but have light

The lesson this teaches is that those who are content with “mixture” of truth and error, are as certain to go on into darkness, as evening is to develop into night.

Those who come out of Babylon are like the dawn-light of the morning go on to the brightness of high noon -he is the Way to the Father . 

So therfore let us be those who refuse mixture, “leaven” and darkness and remember that “he that is spiritual discerneth all things” (1 Cor. 2;15) and also that “in Him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1;5)

Leaven cause the the material to expand rise. and change nature
  sounds a lot like ...attempt to resurrect by self

It is God that will resurrect not man

God does not want his Bread / Word corrupted

Eileen I am not sure what exactly you are looking for but I can tell you that there are many levels of spiritual meanings about leaven and that I have only touched on a few.

beloved

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:06:19 PM by Beloved »

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »

Wow! And here I was thinking that Kat's explanation was pretty spot on with the "puffed up" idea! Who knew there were so many more applications of the leaven! Cool! ;D
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »

Hi Beloved,

Thanks for the clarification, the below quote Mat 13:33 is likening the Kingdom Of Heaven to the world (everyone)
all mixed together because of the leaven.

I hope that now i understand this parable and many of the other parables of (The Kingdom Of The Heavens).

AKJV
47-Again, the kingdom of heaven is like to a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48-Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49-So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50-And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Rotherham
47-Again, the kingdom of the heavens is like unto, a large drag-net, cast into the sea and gathering of every kind,—
48-which, when it was filled, they dragged up on the beach, and, sitting down, collected the good into vessels, but, the worthless, forth they cast.
49-So, will it be in the conclusion of the age: The messengers will come forth, and separate the wicked from among the righteous;
50-and will cast them into the furnace of fire: there, will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 06:16:43 PM »

Yes George

Jesus said if you understand one paprable you can understand all...Ray is constantly trying to explain this to his readers ....it is about the few and the many...but the word examines it from different perspectives sometimes

Mat 16:11  How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

He Himself emphasized that understanding the bread would be difficult, and did you catch...that the leaven comes from the religious pharassees and the saducees who represented those who became totally wordly. Those that the father of Lies feeds. 

Here he tells them
Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »

Yes beloved,

Right between the eyes (of understanding), once they are opened.

mharrell08

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »

Email reply from Ray regarding the parables (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2322.0.html):

Dear Paul:

There are many lessons that can be gleened from the parables, but as I covered in one

of our Bible Conferences, they are also all the same in certain ways.

The parable of the wheat and the tares shows us two aspects of humanity. Those who

have value and those who are not useful.  This is also the case with the dragnet. Good

fish and bad fish--keep the good throw away the bad. Etc.

And so the parables represent the good and the bad. Sometimes they emphasize the good

and sometimes they emphasize the bad, sometimes they just mention both, and sometimes there

is only one thing mentioned that REPRESENTS BOTH. This is the case with the leaven: if good,

it will leaven a whole lump to be used for something very holy and good as in Lev. 23:17, but it

can also be bad leaven used to leaven a whole lump for bad as in I Cor. 5:6

God be with you,

Ray

Leaven can be used or symbolize good or bad...not only one or the other.

Lev 23:17  Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD

1 Cor 5:6-8  Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth

Late modification:

Here is an excerpt from 'The Sermon on the Mount is for You' (http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D3.htm):

Here, being baptized (immersed) in fire [pur] is as important and beneficial as being baptized with God's Holy Spirit.

"Whose fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His [threshing] floor, and gather His wheat [wheat is good] into the garner, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Matt. 3:12).

Chaff is the bracts enclosing the good, mature wheat, which is removed during threshing-it has no value as food, and so is burned like the wood, hay, and stubble of I Cor. 3:12. The Elect are composed of both the valuable wheat and the worthless chaff, but we are not the tares. Notice that the chaff is "burned up... with unquenchable fire." If this "unquenchable fire" "burns up" the chaff, surely it cannot be eternal. Unquenchable has nothing to do with eternal. Unquenchable fires is Scriptures that are not allowed to be quenched before they are allowed to burn themselves out.

Winnowing Wheat

"He will gather His wheat... but He will burn up the chaff" (Matt. 3:12).

We are the wheat of Jesus' parable, and we have unwanted chaff surrounding our lives. Jesus is not likening some people to wheat and others to chaff. The wheat is not one group and the chaff another, but rather the unwanted chaff belongs to the desired wheat. The wheat is the baby and the chaff is the bath water. We do not throw away the baby with the bath water, but we do throw away the dirty bath water (in this analogy the bath water represents chaff which is burned in fire).

Thanks,

Marques
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:09:53 PM by mharrell08 »

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 08:50:10 PM »

Marques,

Thanks, all the parables concerning the (Kingdom Of The Heavens) in their own way, say the same thing.

Thanks for bringing up LOF 16 D3, i will go back and read that now. Yesterday was for LOF 16 Part E.

EKnight

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 08:58:28 PM »

And so the parables represent the good and the bad. Sometimes they emphasize the good

and sometimes they emphasize the bad, sometimes they just mention both, and sometimes there

is only one thing mentioned that REPRESENTS BOTH. This is the case with the leaven: if good,

it will leaven a whole lump to be used for something very holy and good as in Lev. 23:17, but it

can also be bad leaven used to leaven a whole lump for bad as in I Cor. 5:6

God be with you,

Ray[/color]

Leaven can be used or symbolize good or bad...not only one or the other.

Thanks,

Marques

Isn't that what I said with:

Hmmmm, sounds a little like you reap what you sow?  For example, if I am infectious, that is, I can effect people around me, either with good or bad.  That is the leaven.   ??? ???

Eileen

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 10:46:55 PM »

Yes marques

Like Ray teaches, the parables are multi-dimensional, the sum of the word is true

Lev 23:17  Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD

Notice that the meal with the leaven shall be passed through the fire...the wheat will be sanctified through the LOF

Now Go back to lev 23:13
(Lev 23:13)  and the, meal-offering thereof shall be two-tenth parts of fine meal overflowed with oil, as an altar-flame unto Yahweh a satisfying odour,-and, the drink-offering thereof, shall be mine, the fourth of a hin.

This verse is talking about the barley offering....no leaven but the baking is a sweet savor...it is fine, broken and pulverized

The Scritpures set forth the three main feast days of Israel: Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles. Each of these called for temple ceremonies involving a different product of the harvest: barley, wheat, and grapes.

The first two are grain; the last is a fruit. These are harvest festivals at the three times in the year when all males were to stand before the presence (“face”) of God. These three festivals are prophetic of the “harvest of souls,” where the divine command goes forth for men to stand before God.

After they left Egypt the feasts were set on the calandar which started with the opening of the barley ears.
The wheat ripened later around the time of Pentecost. Just as barley was offered to God on the first day of the week after Passover, the wheat offered on Pentecost seven weeks later. This is made clear in Exodus 34:22, which reads,

Ex 34: 22 And you shall celebrate the Feast of Weeks, that is, the first fruits of the wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the turn of the year.

The grapes ripened at the end of the growing season, in late summer. The grapes were harvested and thrown into the winepresses to be trodden down, and the juice was collected. On each of the seven days of the feast of Tabernacles a pitcher of grape juice from this harvest was poured out before the Lord as a drink offering in the temple (Lev. 23:27).

Those who also belong to Christ, the Church in general, who are represented by the wheat in the fevstival will inherit the second resurrection.

These are portrayed in temple ceremony where the two loaves offered to God were first baked with leaven (Lev. 23:17). While leaven signifies sin (Exodus 12:15; Mark 8:15)the oil with the barley signifies the Holy Spirit

Barley is winnowed (Ruth 3:2); wheat is threshed (1 Chron. 21:20); and grapes are trodden under foot (Amos 9:13). Different methods are used for each, because one cannot remove chaff from wheat by winnowing. Neither can one thresh grapes. Neither does one thresh barley.

Now the chaff from barley grain comes off easily by using the wind (or a fan whenever there is not enough wind). This speaks of the elect, whose “chaff” (i.e, flesh nature of the body) falls off moret easily during life by the working of the “wind” (Spirit). They will qualify for life in the first resurrection (Rev. 20:4-6).

The wheat (Church) takes more labor, for the chaff falls off only by threshing. These 'believers' qualify for life in the general resurrection (Rev. 20:11-15).

You also mentioned Mat 3:12  ...but did you notice the words

Mat 3:12  Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Notice the word fan...that sounds like winnowing not threshing and the word wheat can be specific for wheat or general for any grain.   

G4621  σῖτος  sitos  Thayer Definition:  1) wheat, grain
Part of Speech: noun masculine
G4425 πτύον  ptuon  Thayer Definition:  1) a winnowing shovel
Part of Speech: noun neuter

The only one who sows is God and HE certainly will reap all of His creatures

There is no Good in man that he can infect anyone with The only thing that man is ever capable of was aptly nailed by Job

Job 4:8  Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.

Like Ray says..we are truely sinning machines

I cut some of this material this out of an old paper in a file in my documents on the feasts and it had no reference, it comes from the Jubille Book by Steven jone that I read many years in the past
beloved
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:01:29 AM by Beloved »

daywalker

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12:52 AM »

Wow, awesome stuff Beloved! I think this passage of Scripture fits well with your post:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
  Wherefore COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM, AND BE YE SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18, King James

Daywalker.

Ray's whole premise of his teachings is that the Bible is a parable ....so duh folks.... the kingdom is like.....

three measures of meal
mixed with leaven

Jesus said I am the Light   I am the Bread    I am Truth

Light dispels Darkness  Truth dispels Error   Bread feeds and Nourishes dispels hunger or want

Since you asked about bread lets look at what the scripture shows us
Note Matthew and Luke tell us but Mark makes no mention of this parable

Mat 13:33  Another simile spake he to them: `The reign of the heavens is like to leaven, which a woman having taken, hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.'

Luk 13:21  It is like leaven, which a woman, having taken, did hide in three measures of meal , till that all was leavened.'

In the OT
When the Lord and Angels appeared to Abraham before Sodom was destroyed

Gen 18:6  And Abraham hasteth towards the tent, unto Sarah, and saith, `Hasten three measures of flour-meal, knead, and make cakes;'

Noticed hastened...no time like when Israel left Egypt they were told to prepare their bread

Exo 12:11  `And thus ye do eat it: your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand, and ye have eaten it in haste; it is Jehovah's passover,   so now you see Sarah was serving the heavenlies...what else would they eat?

Leaven causes fermentation..a type of decomposition

There are three crops harvested...three feast :   barley  wheat and grapes
When leaven is added to these three ....fermentation occurs

Wait a second   ???  ...barley does not ferment ....leaven has no effect

The few loaves of barley the boy had...the few and the many   Only John mentions the type of bread  in the miracles

Joh 6:9  There is one little lad here who hath five barley loaves, and two fishes, but these--what are they to so many?
Joh 6:13  they gathered together, therefore, and filled twelve hand-baskets with broken pieces, from the five barley loaves that were over to those having eaten]

The barley represents his elect....they were given grace..five, and will be broken into 12..number of foundation

(Mar 13:22)  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Even is is was possible to deceive (leaven) but it is not because God has sealed these

In Egypt during the exodus the barley was smitten so the passover bread they were making was wheat
(Exo 9:31)  And the flax and the barley have been smitten, for the barley is budding, and the flax forming flowers,
(Exo 9:32)  and the wheat and the rye have not been smitten, for they are late.

God was not going to let them eat leavened bread  The bread they ate therefore HAD TO BE UNLEAVEN...in order for them to be delivered

Oh there are so many witnesses in the scriptures when like Ray says you read ALL the words, here is one in Elisha that I like

(2Ki 4:38)  And Elisha hath turned back to Gilgal, and the famine is in the land, and the sons of the prophets are sitting before him, and he saith to his young man, `Set on the great pot, and boil pottage for the sons of the prophets.'

(2Ki 4:39)  And one goeth out unto the field to gather herbs, and findeth a vine of the field, and gathereth of it gourds of the field--the fulness of his garment--and cometh in and splitteth them  into the pot of pottage, for they knew  them not;

(2Ki 4:40)  and they pour out for the men to eat, and it cometh to pass at their eating of the pottage, that they have cried out, and say, `Death is in the pot, O man of God!' and they have not been able to eat.

(2Ki 4:41)  And he saith, `Then bring ye meal;' and he casteth into the pot, and saith, `Pour out for the people, and they eat;' and there was no evil thing in the pot.

(2Ki 4:42)  And a man hath come from Baal-Shalishah, and bringeth in to the man of God bread of first-fruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of grain in its husk, and he saith, `Give to the people, and they eat.'

the meal and bread represent the truth of God and dispels the “death in the pot”. This “meal”, no doubt, typically refers to the restoration of the truth concerning the life and earthly pathway of Jesus, which has been lost to sight more or less since the orthodox church established herself. The WOMAN has PUT the Leven in the three measures of the world.

The story of Ruth is a shadow of the marriage feast of the bride and Christ ..it all occurs in the barley harvest

(Ruth 3:2)  and now, is not Boaz of our acquaintance, with whose young women thou hast been? lo, he is winnowing the threshing-floor of barley tonight,
(Rth 3:15)  And he saith, `Give the covering which is on thee, and keep hold on it;' and she keepeth hold on it, and he measureth six measures of barley, and layeth it on her; and he goeth into the city.
(Rth 3:17)  And she saith, `These six measures of barley he hath given to me, for he said, Thou dost not go in empty unto thy mother-in-law.'
(Rth 3:18)  And she saith, `Sit still, my daughter, till thou dost know how the matter falleth, for the man doth not rest except he hath completed the matter today.'

Now to tie it all together

The first lesson in the Bible,  is that “the evening and the morning were the first day”. The Hebrew root of the “evening” means “mixture” or “mingling together”, while that of the “morning” means “separation” or “distinguishing between

So the putting away of “leaven” (our thoughts, which are not God’s thoughts) means the receiving of His thoughts – for if you put away darkness, you cannot help but have light

The lesson this teaches is that those who are content with “mixture” of truth and error, are as certain to go on into darkness, as evening is to develop into night.

Those who come out of Babylon are like the dawn-light of the morning go on to the brightness of high noon -he is the Way to the Father . 

So therfore let us be those who refuse mixture, “leaven” and darkness and remember that “he that is spiritual discerneth all things” (1 Cor. 2;15) and also that “in Him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1;5)

Leaven cause the the material to expand rise. and change nature
  sounds a lot like ...attempt to resurrect by self

It is God that will resurrect not man

God does not want his Bread / Word corrupted

Eileen I am not sure what exactly you are looking for but I can tell you that there are many levels of spiritual meanings about leaven and that I have only touched on a few.

beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 02:31:03 AM »

The Scritpures set forth the three main feast days of Israel: Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles. Each of these called for temple ceremonies involving a different product of the harvest: barley, wheat, and grapes.

The first two are grain; the last is a fruit. These are harvest festivals at the three times in the year when all males were to stand before the presence (“face”) of God. These three festivals are prophetic of the “harvest of souls,” where the divine command goes forth for men to stand before God.

I am in agreement with your comments here of how the 3 feasts symbolize the harvest of souls...but here is where I am somewhat confused comparing what you wrote to the LOF #4

Those who also belong to Christ, the Church in general, who are represented by the wheat in the fevstival will inherit the second resurrection.

These are portrayed in temple ceremony where the two loaves offered to God were first baked with leaven (Lev. 23:17). While leaven signifies sin (Exodus 12:15; Mark 8:15)the oil with the barley signifies the Holy Spirit

Barley is winnowed (Ruth 3:2); wheat is threshed (1 Chron. 21:20); and grapes are trodden under foot (Amos 9:13). Different methods are used for each, because one cannot remove chaff from wheat by winnowing. Neither can one thresh grapes. Neither does one thresh barley.

Now the chaff from barley grain comes off easily by using the wind (or a fan whenever there is not enough wind). This speaks of the elect, whose “chaff” (i.e, flesh nature of the body) falls off moret easily during life by the working of the “wind” (Spirit). They will qualify for life in the first resurrection (Rev. 20:4-6).

The wheat (Church) takes more labor, for the chaff falls off only by threshing. These 'believers' qualify for life in the general resurrection (Rev. 20:11-15).

Compared to LOF #4 (http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html):

In ancient Israel there were three times in the year when all men were to appear before God:

1. THE WAVE SHEAF (Feast of Unleavened Bread and Passover): "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf OF the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest ... And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the FIRST year for a burnt offering unto the Lord" (Lev. 23:10-12).

COMMENT: This wave sheaf of the very first of the firstfruits is a type of our Lord Who was the perfect Lamb without blemish offered in the Spring on Passover. "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the FIRSTFRUIT of them that sleep" (I Cor. 15:20). Jesus is not the entire firstfruits but rather "the firstfruit OF them that sleep." He is the firstfruit OF the firstfruit or more precisely the "wave sheaf OF the firstfruits." Firstfruit is a term that pertains to agriculture and harvesting. It was never a theological term until introduced into the New Testament with regards to a small number who would be saved prior to a much larger number to be saved later.

2. THE FIRSTFRUITS (Feast of Weeks): "All the best of the oil , and all the best of the wine, and of the wheat, the FIRSTFRUITS of them which they shall offer unto the Lord, them have I given thee ... And whatsoever is FIRST RIPE in the land which they shall bring unto the Lord, shall be thine..." (Num. 18:12 & 13). "And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O Lord, has given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the Lord thy God" (Deut. 26:10).

COMMENT: The type in the New Testament of this Old Testament symbol is the Believer. Notice what James tells us, "Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of FIRSTFRUITS of His creatures" (James 1:18). Now a very important point: How far down the road in prophecy can we go until we reach the end of the firstfruits? In Rev. 7:4-8 we read of the sealing of the 144,000. These are a different group from the great innumerable multitude, which no man could number, from every nation and tongue spoken of beginning in verse 9.

In Chapter 14:1 & 4 we are told specifically who these 144,000 are: "And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand [notice that the innumerable multitudes from all nations is not mentioned here] ... These are they which were not defiled with women, for they are virgins [as in the Bride of Christ]. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, BEING THE FIRSTFRUITS unto God and to the Lamb" (Rev. 14:1 & 4). So every believer from the Apostles to the 144,000 just prior to the return of Jesus Christ to establish His reign on the earth, is called and likened to FIRSTFRUITS! So what does this have to do with the lake of fire? EVERYTHING! Everyone saved before the Day of Judging is likened to firstfruits, so there will be no more firstfruits after the white throne judgment.

Paul tells us in Rom. 8:23, "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the FIRSTFRUITS of the Spirit..." Nowhere do we read of the "LASTFRUITS," but whenever something is FIRST we also know there is something to follow. Nor are there any references to any "ONLYFRUITS." The firstfruits are clearly not the ONLY fruits! Follow this very closely now, for you are in for a big shock when you understand the type in the fall festival of Tabernacles—the great fall harvest.

3. THE END-OF-THE-YEAR FEAST OF INGATHERING (Feast of Tabernacles): "And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou has sown in the field and the FEAST OF INGATHERING, which is in the END OF THE YEAR, when you have gathered in thy labours out of the field" (Ex. 23:16).

"Thou shall observe the FEAST OF TABERNACLES seven [number of perfection] days, after that you have gathered in your corn and your wine: And you shall REJOICE IN YOUR FEAST, you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, the stranger, and the widow, that are within your gates [that’s just about EVERYONE, wouldn’t you say?]. Seven days [here’s that perfect number again] shall you keep A SOLEMN FEAST [a very important feast to God] unto the LORD your God in the place which the Lord shall choose: because the Lord thy God shall bless you in all your increase, and in all the works of your hands, therefore you shalt surely REJOICE" (Deut. 16:13-15). Here truly was a festival in which EVERYONE, every single person in all Israel, and also did you notice, "the STRANGER" who was NOT an Israelite could really REJOICE! THIS FESTIVAL WAS THE HAPPIEST TIME OF THE YEAR! Do we think it will have no fulfillment in God’s grand plan of salvation?

"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, the fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the FEAST OF TABERNACLES for seven days unto the LORD. On the first day shall be an holy convocation: you shall do no servile work therein. Seven days you shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the EIGHTH DAY shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by FIRE unto the LORD: it is a SOLEMN assembly; and you shall do no servile work therein" (Lev. 23:34-36). Why is the profound and marvelous truth of this festival not taught in its proper chronological order by the prophets of Christendom? How is it even possible to avoid seeing the powerful and glorious consummation of God’s salvation in this Fall Harvest Festival? Why is the truth of this GREAT FEAST being hidden from the eyes of the world? What is it that they are trying to hide from us? God’s Word will show us.

1. The wave sheaf, which uses barley, represents Christ...the firstfruit of the firstfruit. But you stated above that it represents the elect.
2. The first fruits represent the elect/chosen and are of wheat. But you stated above that it represents the church who will be in the 2nd resurrection.
3. The chaff (flesh) spoken of on the wheat in Matt. 3:12 is said to be burned [judgment through fire] not winnowed or threshed.

Here is another excerpt from the LOF #4:

First comes the wave sheaf, the very first of the firstfruits, on Passover, during the feast of unleavened bread. This represents CHRIST, the very first (wave sheaf) OF the firstfruit, our Passover sacrificed for us.

Second was the Feast of Weeks when the firstfruit of the land was harvested. This represents US, the FIRSTFRUIT to enter God’s Kingdom. James says WE are the firstfruit of God (James 1:18).

Third came the great Fall harvest, the Feast of Tabernacles, a much much larger gathering, where ALL THE FALL HARVEST was gathered in! What does this Feast picture? This was the time of true REJOICING FOR EVERYONE. Absolutely EVERYONE. No one was left out of this great and final festival of the year:

As well as LOF 16-D3 (http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D3.htm):

Here, being baptized (immersed) in fire [pur] is as important and beneficial as being baptized with God's Holy Spirit.

"Whose fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His [threshing] floor, and gather His wheat [wheat is good] into the garner, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Matt. 3:12).

Chaff is the bracts enclosing the good, mature wheat, which is removed during threshing-it has no value as food, and so is burned like the wood, hay, and stubble of I Cor. 3:12. The Elect are composed of both the valuable wheat and the worthless chaff, but we are not the tares. Notice that the chaff is "burned up... with unquenchable fire." If this "unquenchable fire" "burns up" the chaff, surely it cannot be eternal. Unquenchable has nothing to do with eternal. Unquenchable fires is Scriptures that are not allowed to be quenched before they are allowed to burn themselves out.

Winnowing Wheat

"He will gather His wheat... but He will burn up the chaff" (Matt. 3:12).

We are the wheat of Jesus' parable, and we have unwanted chaff surrounding our lives. Jesus is not likening some people to wheat and others to chaff. The wheat is not one group and the chaff another, but rather the unwanted chaff belongs to the desired wheat. The wheat is the baby and the chaff is the bath water. We do not throw away the baby with the bath water, but we do throw away the dirty bath water (in this analogy the bath water represents chaff which is burned in fire).

Sorry to have such a long post, but Ray teaches it better than I can explain it.

Marques

Beloved

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 03:21:33 AM »

Yes I can see the confusion

the wheat and the chaff metafor is correct...this is on the individual level,

The three feasts is talking about the grains/fruit on the higher level.

It is a little like the use of the numbers 10 and 1000

The scriptures can speak on multiple levels, in the physical you are an individual, a member of a country and a member the human race.

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

(Each person is going to be in a group, and the all of the different ages are going to procede also in an order

Luke 13:30  And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last).

1Co 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The way I read this is with a comma, Christ, firstfuits an after that they that are Christs at his coming  The verse before talks about all and the verse that follows  goes on to judgement of all and submitting it to the father.

regarding firstfruits , the elect are called this

Rev 14:4  These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb
Jas 1:18  Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Right now the elect who are alive have

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

I also agree that Christ is also represented in the Old testament...This is on a still higher level, He is the Passover, the Wave sheaf and Tabernacle . I will have to develop this later. I have to go bed and get up and go to work in four hours.

I do not think we are seeing things that differently, it is just a different perspective.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 12:54:05 AM »

Hi Rodger,

That is really the whole story isn't it, ??? separating from (me, my, i); and focus on
contending for The Faith once delivered to the saints.

Jeremiah 11: 6-9
6-Then the LORD said to me, Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah, and in the
streets of Jerusalem, saying, Hear you the words of this covenant, and do them.

7-For I earnestly protested to your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the
land of Egypt, even to this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice.

8-Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear, but walked every one in the imagination of
their evil heart: therefore I will bring on them all the words of this covenant, which I
commanded them to do: but they did them not.

9-And the LORD said to me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among
the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Jude 1:3:
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write to you of the common salvation, it was needful
for me to write to you, and exhort you that you should earnestly contend for the faith
which was once delivered to the saints.

Falconn003

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 01:55:24 AM »

Hi Rodger,

That is really the whole story isn't it, ??? separating from (me, my, i); and focus on
contending for The Faith once delivered to the saints.

Jeremiah 11: 6-9
6-Then the LORD said to me, Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah, and in the
streets of Jerusalem, saying, Hear you the words of this covenant, and do them.

7-For I earnestly protested to your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the
land of Egypt, even to this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice.

8-Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear, but walked every one in the imagination of
their evil heart: therefore I will bring on them all the words of this covenant, which I
commanded them to do: but they did them not.

9-And the LORD said to me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among
the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Jude 1:3:
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write to you of the common salvation, it was needful
for me to write to you, and exhort you that you should earnestly contend for the faith
which was once delivered to the saints.

Spot on George with the Scriptures.

Simply separating Spiritualy, the me from the I Am...... :)

Rodger
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:00:41 AM by Falconn003 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.