bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The tetragrammaton?  (Read 5935 times)

AK4

The tetragrammaton?
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:56:51 AM »

Ive been reading up on a bunch of different stuff lately on Judaism and the pharisees and i am being blown away by some of the things that are kept hidden and secret about that religion and its people and its mysticisms and soceries etc etc.  Even who are those out there today who claim they are jews are not really them.

I thought free will was the strongest delusion out there, actually i think it still is, but when doing my readings on judaism and who are really the jews/pharisees and their teachings, this is definitely #2!!--man we all have been force fed by them and those who are steeped and caught into this delusion (and thats virtually the whole world!!) about who and what judaism and the jews are!  Even our govt is caught in this web of deception.

Anyway now i am at the tetragrammaton.  Ive read a couple of things on how the "jews" inserted this into scripture and changed it to further their pagan ways and hide the true name of God.  Here is one link by i think its the bareans--

http://www.love-the-truth.net/tetragrammaton.html

Has anyone else heard or read anything on this?

Thanks Anthony

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The tetragrammaton?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »

You have to question a site that promotes the earth does not move.

http://sites.google.com/site/earthdeception/

Dennis

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »

And http://www.moonmovie.com/

You cannot trust anything they say because they are so goofy on other subjects.

AK4

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:43:15 PM »

Yes i agree, but as i been researching judaism i have found many pagan things the Israelites and "jews" brought and put into the bible or scriptures.  Many of the things they did back in those days are still being done now.

As for the tetragrammatton YHWH this is what http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tetragrammaton has to said about this

TETRAGRAMMATON

–noun the Hebrew word for God, consisting of the four letters yod, he, vav, and he, transliterated consonantally usually as YHVH, now pronounced as Adonai or Elohim in substitution for the original pronunciation forbidden since the 2nd or 3rd century b.c.

Compare Yahweh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1350–1400
; ME < Gk tetragrámmaton, n. use of neut. of tetragrámmatos having four letters, equiv. to tetra- tetra- + grammat- (s. of grámma) letter + -os adj. suffix

That origin is suspcious to me and with everything i been reading up on the history of those who call themselves the jews now.  This guy here http://jesus-messiah.com/studies/sacred-name.html makes a good argument on how the tetragrammaton could have been inserted.

I dont just seeing if anyone knows something more

Anthony

smeacham

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »

Is it true?  Is it false?  Does it matter?

The Jews of Jesus' day were spiritually blind and deaf.  So were the Jews of the OT.  And not the Jews only, but the majority of people of all faiths.  This is entirely believable.

On the other hand, I've learned through bitter experience to avoid arguments over God's name.  From Jehovah's Witnesses to "Holy Namers," it's just vain arguments that lead nowhere good (2 Timothy 2:23-26).  Rather, pray for those who are caught up in them, including "love-the-truth.net."

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »

Hi Anthony,

We are cautioned to not be (Tossed about by every wind of doctrine). Taking on the job of learning
history is not easy or without grave mistakes. Remember the story you are reading unless backed up
by empirical evidence is what someone thinks they have understood based on circumstantial evidence.

The reason we are given the (Scriptures Inspired By God) is to have evidence presented by One Who
Declares It to Be Empirical Evidence. Thus we can always use The Scriptures to verify or disqualify
any other evidence.

Jeremiah 9:5:
And they will deceive every one his neighbor, and will not speak the truth: they have taught
their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.

Jeremiah 29:8:
For thus said the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that
be in the middle of you, deceive you, neither listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed.

Romans 16:18:
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words
and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Ephesians 4:14:
That we from now on be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind
of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Titus 1:10:
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

II John 1:7:
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in
the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Revelation of John 12:9:
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives
the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

george. :)

AK4

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 12:55:23 PM »

Is it true?  Is it false?  Does it matter?

The Jews of Jesus' day were spiritually blind and deaf.  So were the Jews of the OT.  And not the Jews only, but the majority of people of all faiths.  This is entirely believable.

On the other hand, I've learned through bitter experience to avoid arguments over God's name.  From Jehovah's Witnesses to "Holy Namers," it's just vain arguments that lead nowhere good (2 Timothy 2:23-26).  Rather, pray for those who are caught up in them, including "love-the-truth.net."

I am not arguing over any name.  Theres only one name that matters and thats Jesus. I search out for all truth.  When i do this it further confirms the Truth God has already given me.  If the YHWH is something that the lying pen of the scribes....

Jer 8:8 "'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

has incorporated into the scriptures then i feel i am obligated by God to know the truth of this matter and all others.  Thats just me.  This is how He works in me.  Im not looking for argument sakes though. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.