bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Genesis 6:6  (Read 4251 times)

uabtripp

Help with Genesis 6:6
« on: January 13, 2009, 07:44:04 AM »

I see in my bible that this verse says: "And the Lord regretted that He had made man on the earth, and was grieved at heart" and in verse 7 it goes on to say: "for it gives Me and makes Me regretful that I have made them." Please help me with this verse. It seems odd that God would regret making us. Please a little help with this verse.

rk12201960

Re: Help with Genesis 6:6
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 08:01:06 AM »

Ray touches on this,,,,
From scripture,,, its because the suffering and pain we are going to have to endure...

Nor because we fall short,,, we are made to be vain and stupid...

Randy

cherokee

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 08:10:42 AM »

Hi Uabtripp,

Here is an email to Ray that should help your understanding.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6961.0.html

Ray have you commented on Gen:6, 5  6 & 7 ?
Seems that GOD created the adversary to do
a job, an he has done a perfect job to date,
Sooooooo   why was GOD sorry he created man at
at that time?

I really do appreciate,an THANK YOU for sharing
your knowledge  an dedication, to the world.
                                  Thank you again
                                             Don
                                             Amarillo, Texas

Dear Don: Don't misunderstand the meaning of "sorry" as it was used in archaic English. He was not "sorry" as in "I made a mistake that I now wish I hadn't made." That is nonsense. It is translated "grieved," and that is the proper word. Also the word for "repented" can mean to "pity." And these are proper emotional statements coming from God that do not insinuate that He didn't know what He was doing. God says he takes "no delight in the death of the wicked." But that doesn't mean He is sorry that He ever created humanity which is mostly wicked. And so when they death was to come, God felt pity and was grieved for the destruction that He brought upon them as a part of His original plan from the beginning. Hope this helps your understanding.
God be with you,
Ray

Also here is a link to the May 2008 Bible study that will help.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7714.0.html

Go down to reply #2
Then scroll to where it says, DOES GOD "REGRET" MAKING HUMANITY?

Peace,
Suzie
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:28:10 AM by Suzie »

uabtripp

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »

Thanks guys for the great help!

winner08

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »

I myself had a hard time with this. but when I realized the truth, it was great. I believed Ray told a story once about a child falling down and cracking his or her tooth. the parents knowing how she or he would suffer and be in pain going to the dentist and getting it fix knew that the outcome would be like new. The parents did not want to see the child suffer and be in pain,k but had to go through it so it could be fix. So as God knows the suffering we must go through. He does not delight it .this but is necessary to get to the outcome. some people ask me why does God allowed suffering and pain. I give them this scenario. Like I said God dosen't delight in watching us go through pain and suffering but it is necessary in order to get to the outcome. Hope this made since.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.