bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Retrospect; A Clearer Vison  (Read 11332 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: In Retrospect; A Clearer Vison
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »

Hi Everyone,

There have been so many thoughtful posts I feel compelled to address as many as I can over the next couple days (as time allows), thank you all!

Joe,

I think your words reflect a HARD truth that can only be EXPERIENCED.  Before you were led to the truths of God, you had to know what was missing.  THAT was the ONLY way you would have searched for the "buried treasure" hidden "FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE AGES".  May God continue to reveal more of who He is IN CHRIST to you as you journey on from here.

Ches

Hello Ches,

You know I really hadn't experienced that gaping void since I was a teenager and had gone through some very spirit crushing tragedies due to the deaths of my brother and sister and my first girlfriend. The last one actually led me to seek God earnestly but His will for me was to experience the Seventh Day Adventist church first. Eventually that experience (about 3 years or so) turned me off of churches (I was brought up a lackluster Catholic) so there I was totally immersed back into the world, self serving, callous and reckless.

God was more or less always in the back of my mind, way, way back mostly, but I did from time to time buy and read Hal Lindsay and books of that sort, especially when I was facing some sort of trouble.  ;) None of these books or authors seemed to line up with each other though, always a variation of interpretation so I kind of came to my own idea that some people are given certain keys to Truth and at some point perhaps it would all come together. I did have a belief in a God but I had no clue as to what He was really all about and even less of a clue of what His ultimate plan and purpose might be.

When I had that wounded, anxiety filled spirit as a teen at least I knew why I had felt so dreadful and helpless, when it reemerged in middle age with absolutely no real problems it was a total mystery, it wasn't until the scales began to drop off my eyes (they are still falling thank God!) and I first started seeing what God's real plan and purpose for us all was that this void began to be filled with a peace that only He can provide. It isn't always easy but when we know the reason and purpose of our tribulations here (even if we can't truly comprehend every aspect) they are much less likely to overwhelm us in a negative way. Amazingly enough these trials can even be a source of joy in a spiritual way. Try explaining that to a non believer or a "name it and claim it" believer!

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 04:54:47 PM »

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us Joe...these events were a benefit to you as well as to us to learn from.

I often find myself thinking I certainly am not one of the chosen (which I have peace with) !
Especially when I hear about the trails of others that have really suffered.

Hello Brenda,

Not to take attention away from Joe's comments, but being one of the elect/chosen is not up to anyone but God. In the same manner that no one can claim they are one of the elect, in like manner, no one can claim to not be, you know?

As Paul states he was chief among sinners, but Christ would be longsuffering towards him as a pattern for those who believe [1 Tim 15-16]. As Christ was able to bring Saul into repentance to become Paul, He is able to do that with any of us.

I know we can sometimes make comments that show our humility, but they should not be at the detriment of our belief that God can turn any of us into His very image, in this age. He has to bring us low in order to lift us up...but that does not mean he has forsaken us in any way and that a place in the 2nd resurrection is our destiny. We all lack the qualifications to have the position of glory & honor that bestows the Sons and Daughters of God...that is why the Lord does the work IN US rather than us doing the works as 'all have come short of the glory of God' [Rom 3:23].

I know we all know these things in our mind, but this was just a reminder to know these in our hearts and live them. Please take no offense.  :)

Marques

Hi Brenda & Marques,

I understand where you are coming from Brenda, we do tend to give glory to the prophets, men of old and the apostles but as Marques pointed out (I am paraphrasing) all glory goes to God and His Son, anything good they did was by the leading of the Spirit.

What did (Simon) Peter do to earn his unique calling? Or Andrew or Philip, James, John, etc.

They were in the right place at the right time, we all know Who caused them to be in the right place at the right time don't we?  ;) It seems these were ordinary men going about their day to day business without worldly honor or status but the King of Kings, the creator of the Universe called them to witness and be a part of the greatest achievement in history, the salvation of mortal, carnal man into Sons of God!

We are told;

1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28  And base things of the world and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea and things which are not, to bring to naught things that are:

1Co 1:29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption:

1Co 1:31  That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Reading that always gives me hope!

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »

Joe,

Gives me hope also.   :)

I know there are still layers of thinking in error that need to be burned out of me.
I always appreciate it when someone shines a light on it for examination. 
Feels like we are growing up into being all in all!

This is Good,
Brenda

aqrinc

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »

I want to echo what Brenda has written, i am so happy that we have others here to
pick us up when we fall; or prop us up when we get weary and yearn for company.

Heartfelt Thanks to All, In Jesus Christ Name.

george. :)

Vangie

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »

Amen George!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 11:25:27 AM »

dear joe,
thank you so much for your personal witness of the journey our God has been and is still leading you on. it seemed like a mirror to me where i could see myself and also see the reflection of the Holy Spirit Comforter that lives in you and me and our brothers and sisters on this forum. i am always inspired by your postings and was very grateful to be able to meet you in person in nashville. the bible truths website, ray's teachings, and this forum, along with my personal studies of the scriptures are the food that i take in daily to feed my spirit which gives me the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental strength needed to run this race on the path that He has chosen for me, and allows me to be able to endure the trials and sufferings that are along the way. again, thank you joe for your personal outpouring. you are a true brother to me and all the others here.

claudia

Hi Claudia,

It was my pleasure to have met you personally as well, I really love the fellowship we experience at the Conferences.

Like you my need for spiritual food needs to be satisfied daily, this is something I would have found unimaginable even a few years ago.

Thank you for you kind words and for all of your comments!

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 11:47:01 AM »

Joe, that was so inspiring! I think in one way or another we can all relate to your experience. We all have the notion that whatever is wrong with us we can find the answer to it in the physical, tangible, and in our own power! We have all been victims of our own egos and it is very frustrating when you look in the mirror and find that person looking back is pitiful and powerless! When we realize that this is the way God deals with us, we are relieved to hand our lives over to him! I'm glad that as I used to hear my dad say, "I will bring you down a notch or two" God uses these things to humble us and teach us, may we be open to learn!!
Thank you for that :D
Kathy :)

Thank you Kathy,

Yes, very well stated!

God certainly has the ability to bring us down a notch or two, sometimes a whole lot more.  ;)

There is a certain comfort in realizing how powerless we are in and of ourselves and when things are bleak, frustrating or downright painful we can rest assured our Father is humbling, teaching and correcting us. The best students are the ones who know they are lacking knowledge and wisdom and desire to be instructed.

That is where our Lord and God is taking us, to that place where we sit humbly at His feet feasting on His Word, then not only hearing it but doing what He wills.

Peace,

Joe 

lferretj

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »

Thank you for your story, I needed it this morning, Satan had put a seed of doubt in my head that maybe this is wrong and I'm just gullible and falling for it hard, but as i read your post and all the replies it's just too genuine to not come from God.  I find I can't read enough of my Bible now and the void in my life has been more full than ever before.

lferretj

hillsbororiver

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 07:43:35 PM »

Hi lferretj,

We are all here to study, share, learn and encourage one another, we are not perfect and we don't always accomplish the good our spirit (or should I say His Spirit within us) desires, but we when we stumble we get back up, dust ourselves off and continue on this incredible journey He has us on.

Peace,

Joe

Vangie

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 07:34:53 AM »

Thanks Joe for sharing.  That last statement really speaks to me, as does this whole thread.  Continuing on in this incredible journey....

Love in Christ,
Vangie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.