bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather  (Read 8642 times)

Ninny

Weather
« on: January 14, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »

Longhorn, I'm just watching the weather and it looks like you may need the thermal underwear this week!
A chill wind will be blowing across East Texas this week..Bring in all the baby animals, turn the heat on in the barn for the chickens! Better put the newspaper on the walls of the outhouse to keep out the cold wind!  ;D ;D OR get out the chamber pot! Ha!! :P

All you guys up North are already frozen so if you haven't got your long underwear out by now you are out of luck!! WHAT happened to "global warming"? OH no the latest thing is we are going to have another Ice Age! Well it's durn cold at my house!!

Longhorn

Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:53:55 AM »

You ain't kidding, cooldest weather of winter so far.  Poeple from up north laugh at us Texans when we complain about it being in the 20-30's, I cant see why anyone would want to live anywhere north of East Texas.  Give me 90 degrees 365 days a year.  I don't mind sweating and having to sit by a fan, but when you have to go out and break ice on the pond just so the animals can get a drink....

Im trying ( not very hard )  to be good, but if this keeps up Im going to have to dip into the old Makers Mark supply.

Longhorn

jg

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:20:41 AM »

West Virginia here...(born in Texas though, back when the rock was still a secret weapon)

The forecast:Currently 13 degrees, we're expecting up to 8 inches of snow by Thursday (tomorrow) afternoon, temps tonight, 12 above, overnight Thursday night; one below, Friday's HIGH 9 above; Friday's overnight low,, negative 7.....Saturday we're expecting a heat wave, temps up to 24, yay!

This is our worst taste of winter so far in the mountains.  I am not a fan of winter, I have NO use for snow!  I hope someday to drive a snow plow truck, south, until someone asks,,,,"Say,,what IS that thing you're driving?"    That's when I'll know I've arrived!

I'm looking forward to temps getting back above the freezing point. That's when we wear a light coat, or even just a sweater,,guess it's all relative.  Right now I'm wearing almost every stitch of clothing I own, :)

Stay warm,,,, Joe

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »

Snuggle up with the dogs and cats! they'll keep you warm! The rot gut may just give the illusion of warmth (is that what the "Makers Mark" is?)! :D Oh, Longhorn, don't try to be good! It just isn't you! We love you just the way you are! ;D  :-* 90's are ok as long as the humidity is low!

Joe, ewww cold is cold- when the temp drops below 60 here in South Alabama I'm draggin' out the longhandles!! Hee! So I guess we'd all better get out our flannel jammies!! The ones with feet in 'em!! :D

Kathy  ;)

Longhorn

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:55 AM »

Trust me Ninny,  Couple of shots of Makers Mark with honey and the warming effect is no illusion.  :D

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:50:25 AM »

Ok Longhorn I'm going to take your word for that! ;D Whatever warms you up! ;)
If it has alcohol in it, just don't drive your tractor when you're warm! ;D :D ;)
Luv ya, Dude!
Kathy ;)

Samson

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »

To all you Southerners & SouthWesterners,

You don't want to be in the Northeast for the next five days.
                                     Supposed to hit zero Friday, not counting the wind chill factor.
                                     Once these Girls of mine are both over 18, I think we will make
                                     an attempt to move South, not Florida, too crowded for my tastes.

Forget the Cats keeping me warm, the Wife and the Cats will be
                                     searching for my warm body in the next few days. So much for
                                     the theory of Global Warming.  ;)

Kind Regards, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »

Oh man, I don't blame ya for being anxious to get out of the frigid northland! brrr I'll take all the unpleasantries of summer in the South (gnats, mosquitos, snakes, LOVE BUGS!) - (if you have never heard of love bugs good for you! they are ANNOYING!!!) Give me Dixie! Give me Texas! Give me Arizona! Just don't make me live in the Northern half of this country in the wintertime!! I have seen Arkansas and Oklahoma in the winter that can't be in the South!!! Hint: Everything South of the Mason-Dixson line ain't necessarily in the South, it's too cold!!! ;D
Shutting up....... ::)
Kathy ;)

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »

Boy I'm really suffering down here in Florida
I think it's 70 degrees today!
I'm so cold it's hard to type without mittens on!
I actually had to wear a sweater today... >:(

;) ;D
Keep Warm everyone,
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »

Boy I'm really suffering down here in Florida
I think it's 70 degrees today!
I'm so cold it's hard to type without mittens on!
I actually had to wear a sweater today... >:(

;) ;D
Keep Warm everyone,
Brenda

Hey Brenda,

Thanks, you rub it in,  ;D. Reminds me of my Dad telling me about the " Cold Front "
                   there getting, low in the forties at night, how distressfull.

My Friend Brenda, I'll remember you when August/September arrives and pray your
                   Air Conditioner doesn't conk out, otherwise, justice will be bittersweet,  ;) ;D.

Your Big Brother, Samson.

musicman

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »

I've been riding my bike with a tea shirt and shorts on.  Ha ha.  My electric bill has been about $50 a month.  I don't know if I even have a heater.  Miami weather rules. . . . .. . . .until about May, then I want to blow the whole region up.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »

Listen here you Floridians! We are supposed to have tropical weather here in Lower Alabama! Waaaahh!! Yeah it's that dumb "cold front" how rude!! >:(
Musicman what happens in May? 100 degrees?  You can come to my house for the month of May it's actually pretty nice here in May, but after that it's anyone's guess. HO! Riding your bike in a Tee shirt and shorts! well once here in AL I went hiking in the woods in shorts in January! Not THIS January!!  :P
Just tryin' to stay warm!  ::)
Kathy ;)

OBrenda

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 02:19:15 AM »

Rub it in...Me?   Why....Samson I'm surprised you'd think me so inconsiderate!  ;)

See what your missing.....See how thoughtful I am sharing this with you ?

Anyhow...Well guess who I saw on the beaches in Miami....

aqrinc

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 03:06:17 AM »

Brenda,

What boasting, and yes it is so, ;D are you lucky you don't have to pay indulgence :-X or
was that no property tax 8) in Florida because the weather :-\ moves property around.

george. ;D

OBrenda

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »

Brenda,
What boasting, and yes it is so, ;D are you lucky you don't have to pay indulgence :-X or
was that no property tax 8) in Florida because the weather :-\ moves property around.
george. ;D
;D
Actually we pay no state income tax, but the extra cost for insurance for the hurricanes probably makes up for at least some of that!  :P
That may have been what musicman meant about May, rainy season - rains everyday about the same time temps over 90 degrees, humidity...etc....probably similar to Belize?

Visited there once on a cruise,  :o saw a Mayan temple (dream of mine) , riverboat ride, no beaches to speak of though?

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 03:12:36 PM »

Yes similar to Belize, we almost moved to Fort Myers FL. a few years ago. :-\ The series of Hurricanes
that came along then changed our minds. Too much like Belize in rainy season; and the Mosquitoes.

Did you know that the Belize AirForce is made up primarily of Giant Mosquitoes. :o ;D

george. 8)

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:47:29 PM »

I can almost believe it, George! Similar to Hawaii! I've heard that Alaska has a good mosquito population, too!
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »

Kathy,

Almost believe it, ??? that was our first line of defense :-[ from Foreign invasion. ;D

My Home Town #2 in blue.

george. ;D 8)

5 Friendliest Places in Belize
Belizeans, by and large, are warm, open, and welcoming to visitors.

# 1 Hopkins/Sittee Point

Small and unspoiled Garifuna area with warm, friendly folks

# 2 Corozal Town

Generally safe town with Mexican influence and nice people

# 3 San Ignacio/Santa Elena

Relaxed community with a Maya and Mestizo heritage

# 4 Punta Gorda

Population is a mix of Maya (especially in areas outside PG), Garifuna, Creole, Mestizo -- generally hassle-free except at bars at night

# 5 Belize City

Belize City has a well-deserved reputation for crime and hassle, but it also has some of the hardest-working, friendliest people in Belize -- too bad the rascals are what most visitors hear about

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:04:08 PM by aqr »

Ninny

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »

OH yeah, George! that's what we all get to hear most about is the rascally population! You only hear bad news because that's what gets people to listen to the news!

It's cold, but who cares?  I'm just gonna make a big pot of soup, put on my flannel jammies, and curl up next to this stupid little heater that I bought at Wal-Mart.  My grandson was saying "Oh, Ninny the guy on the weather said it may snow here in the morning!!" I shuffled past him in my furry slippers, wrapped myself in a blankie, and said "Yeehee! Let it snow! who cares, I am already frozen?! :P  ;D ;)

By the way, George there is a town in Fl called Punta Gorda! Hit pretty hard by the hurricane! How rude!
Your home town sounds like a nice place to visit!
My old home town? Glendale, AZ used to be nice..the weather's great, but now I hear they have some big football stadium there! Too much traffic for me! ;D ;D

Brenda send me some of that warm Florida sunshine! How far down in Fl do you have to go to find the warmth this week? Just don't let those orange trees freeze!!

Oh well, I am thankful that I have feeling in my extremities! There are folks who have none!  ::)
Gotta go think of something to bake to warm up the kitchen!

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire........
Kathy ;D

OBrenda

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »

Punta Gorda is about 1 hour north of me!

Afraid all my kidding brought the temps to about 55 degrees today...Brrrr
What's that about Pride coming before a fall.  ;)
Just covered up my orchids and veggies outside.

My husband has always talked of moving to Belize, Costa Rica and now more recently the Phillipines!

We only experienced very warm people, the drive out to the Mayan temples was a bit scary... :o
The bus driver had everyone in an attitude of prayer... ;D
Maybe I can dig out some pictures and put them up here

Kathy is that cookies I smell you cooking?
Remember the homeless in your prayers tonight,
Brenda

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.